• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EFV goes to Pitti (picture thread)

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Every photographer on site loved him.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tira wins Pitti.

And I see you met Alx. from The Netherlands. : )

Thanks for the pics.

dan'l

Reaction score
A bit off topic, but did you take those pics with an X100? I've seen some photos of you holding one and was curious.

Thank you for the excellent coverage.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A bit off topic, but did you take those pics with an X100? I've seen some photos of you holding one and was curious.

Thank you for the excellent coverage.

Cheers! And yes, they're all taken with the X100. I really love that camera. So easy to use, and produces very good pictures for such a small camera. I always put a good deal of work into the post-production of the pictures in photoshop, to get the colours, the light/shadows et c, in such a manner that they look as close to real life as possible. But, this camera gives me raw files with a lot of information in them, to make that process a real joy.

Did that sound like a sales pitch for the X100? Well, that's just how much I like it.

dan'l

Reaction score
I also have one, though my photos aren't nearly as nice as yours!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I happened to bump into Mr and Mrs @EFV while on my way to the grocery store, so glad to see that some people are not just peacocking it at Pitti, but actually wears this stuff in their every day life. Very handsome couple! :slayer:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, nice to meet you! I did feel like we held you up slightly too long in the horrible weather though. You sported a beautiful SC btw.

Last edited:

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, can someone explain to me why this stuff is worth looking at, let alone wearing?

I understand a lot of trouble has been taken to present the pics but what is the attraction?

Would anyone really wear any of this irl?

To me it is the polar opposite of elegance and the only lure it has is that of a car crash...awful but compelling in its awfulness.

I really would like to know why these circus freaks attract so much admiration.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Imagine everyone showing up in CM/conservative business dress. A sea of grays and navies. What would be the point?

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seriously, can someone explain to me why people post the same replies every year? It's not as if Pitti is something new. Everyone knows pretty much what they're likely to see if they choose to visit a thread like this.

I think a lot of people would be a lot happier if they just stayed away from things that so obviously annoy them, yet have no real impact on their lives.

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score

Seriously, can someone explain to me why this stuff is worth looking at, let alone wearing?

I understand a lot of trouble has been taken to present the pics but what is the attraction?

Would anyone really wear any of this irl?

To me it is the polar opposite of elegance and the only lure it has is that of a car crash...awful but compelling in its awfulness.

I really would like to know why these circus freaks attract so much admiration.

That's like asking, "Hey - why all of these motorcycle jackets at the biker bar? What gives?"

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you want a serious discussion about why someone might find something appealing. Pick out a few outfits to discuss. I don't think you can lump every picture posted in this thread together, there is quite the variety.

Last edited:

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score

If you want a serious discussion about why someone naught find something appealing. Pick out a few outfits to discuss. I don't think you can lump every picture posted in this thread together, there is quite the variety.

Yeah - I'm with you. I guess you missed the "subtlety" of my comment, which is: Don't go trolling a thread about Pitti and recoil in horror at pictures of dudes peacocking.

The argument FOR Pitti is the half-dozen gems that get unearthed along the way.

I would never have learned about Pino Lerario had it not been for Pitti (among other designers).

This was the first video I ever saw from the event. After that - I was hooked:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads