• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vecchio Anseatico - Hand Made Classic Menswear Accessories - Official Affiliate Thread

Quesjac

Reaction score
Probably best not to use 'rat' in any type of product you're selling :wink:
I suppose there's always the people who enjoy the idea of using an animal that's the opposite of endangered.

I thought about going with guinea pig or rodent (although I personally have never heard nor seen the second expression. Is it even commonly used?)

Rodent is a fine term and people will know what you mean, though it sounds close to vermin, which is extremely negative (connotations of squalor) and best avoided. You probably don't want to mention guinea pigs, which are only really known as pets in Anglophone countries. I'd suggest just saying it's a small South American mammal and perhaps linking Carpincho to the wikipedia page about them for the genuinely curious.

Anyway: your gloves look great, I am definitely tempted to try them out.

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I guess as long as it's qualified with a statement that it's similar to peccary, but rarer. Just did some quick research on it and I had no idea it was considered such a desirable exotic. Makes me want to order a pair.

It definitely is a lovely material. While peccary almost has a poplin cotton touch to it, carpincho is more like velvet and has a higher pile height. The pattern is also really unique and over the years it develops a very unique patina.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess as long as it's qualified with a statement that it's similar to peccary, but rarer. Just did some quick research on it and I had no idea it was considered such a desirable exotic. Makes me want to order a pair.
You won’t regret it. I’m not a glove guy, but I had to get these. Luxurious.

Epicure

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! I think I got a little lost in translation. I'll change the description in a second.

Thank you very much for the wishes! Times are quite exciting indeed.
I'm a big fan of Grenadines myself and will make some up in the future. I did a plain burgundy Garza Grossa as one of my first ties a few months ago. For the next collection I have just received two Grenadine fabrics that I'll open the pre orders for soon. A forest green Garza Fina from Shantung silk with white triple bar stripes and another Garza Fina woven with a blue warp and a red weft. I will post some pictures in the coming days once the pre orders are online.
Thanks for the info, Steffen. I'm sure there will be plenty of customers to jump on the styles you've just described, and both sound great. Personally, I gravitate towards grossa, as I mainly wear odd jacket/trousers combinations and am rarely in a suit. I am looking to add a few additional colours to my existing grossa collection in the future. However, one fina style that I'd very much like to see is a block stripe with muted colours of dark navy and deep burgundy/oxblood/maroon. For that matter any block stripe featuring those colours that also offered some dry texture and a matte finish would be great, with the exception of things like shantung, as I'm looking for a tie that works for the cooler seasons.

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any sf discount for the gloves as well?

Currently not and there are no plans to discount them any time soon. Just a reminder though that shipping and returns are included in the price.

Thanks for the info, Steffen. I'm sure there will be plenty of customers to jump on the styles you've just described, and both sound great. Personally, I gravitate towards grossa, as I mainly wear odd jacket/trousers combinations and am rarely in a suit. I am looking to add a few additional colours to my existing grossa collection in the future. However, one fina style that I'd very much like to see is a block stripe with muted colours of dark navy and deep burgundy/oxblood/maroon. For that matter any block stripe featuring those colours that also offered some dry texture and a matte finish would be great, with the exception of things like shantung, as I'm looking for a tie that works for the cooler seasons.

I'll keep that in mind. I would like to do some striped garza grossas in the future but as the fabrics would need to be custom woven that's something to look for towards fall this year.

the tie edges have a wavy appearance. is that intentional?

Would you mind specifying your point? A photo would help me tremendously. If you're referring to the hand rolled hems, I'd say they are neither less nor more wavy than the ones of other makers. In the end it's still a hand made product so small variations can occur. I'd say it's impossible to find a perfectly uniform hand rolled hem anywhere.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Currently not and there are no plans to discount them any time soon. Just a reminder though that shipping and returns are included in the price.

I'll keep that in mind. I would like to do some striped garza grossas in the future but as the fabrics would need to be custom woven that's something to look for towards fall this year.

Would you mind specifying your point? A photo would help me tremendously. If you're referring to the hand rolled hems, I'd say they are neither less nor more wavy than the ones of other makers. In the end it's still a hand made product so small variations can occur. I'd say it's impossible to find a perfectly uniform hand rolled hem anywhere.
check vanda's hems

Zeriman

Reaction score
On your 160cm long models how wide is the tie 56cm from the tip of the blade? That is where the knot would be for me so that is where I need it to be at least a certain width to make a nice knot.

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On your 160cm long models how wide is the tie 56cm from the tip of the blade? That is where the knot would be for me so that is where I need it to be at least a certain width to make a nice knot.

The width at that point is 4,9 cm. Hope I was able to help you. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Monters

Reaction score
Hi Steffen, well done on getting your venture off the ground. Ah - Hamburg - the Milan of the North! I liked your collection so much that it’s inspired my first styleforum post. Just ordered the burgundy/blue/cream fox flannel tie. Looking forward to the post!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics