• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^ That's one way to do it I guess. Probably a little too intense for most folks though, I'd imagine. Hanging has worked just fine for me.

Shortlisted these shades (marked with a little circle) for new matka silks - generally softer shades for the warm season. Just note that they'll turn out about a shade lighter than the actual colours. Happy to listen to feedback before we commit to the order!

IMG_2015.jpg

Last edited:

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ That's one way to do it I guess. Probably a little too intense for most folks though, I'd imagine. Hanging has worked just fine for me.

Shortlisted these shades (marked with a little circle) for new matka silks - generally softer shades for the warm season. Just note that they'll turn out about a shade lighter than the actual colours. Happy to listen to feedback before we commit to the order!

View attachment 913848

Monk's Robe, Bison and Peachskin are my votes.

Yeah I like the monk's robe or bison over the toasted coconut. Also, on my phone I initially thought bison was bacon. Even though I'm a bit disappointed in the name, I still like it.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen I'll definitely be a buyer of the green. I personally really like the Nirvana swatch as it's just a color I'm looking to add.

Jay Primo

Reaction score

View attachment 913848
Vetiver, Nirvana and Peachskin here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I'm looking for suggestions for some summery ties. Probably going to snag a couple of hopsacks, and would like some input on what else to get? Preferably linen and blends.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well what are you going to wear them with?

No go on the drive for the linen glen check?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simple stuff. Navy coats, grey trews mostly. I've not yet pushed too hard on any GMTO yet, but will certainly store it in the back burner. for the time.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You already have the blue and the oatmeal glen plaid right?

Solid linens are obviously fun but here are some other ideas.

My wife recently gave me the blue-burgundy linen houndstooth and I can’t wait to wear it. Weight on it is excellent and it’s an incredible tie. Color is perfect for a navy jacket.

I can also heartily recommend any of the flowers printed linen ties as well. I have the yellow and the light blue. The yellow was my favorite purchase from Vanda last summer.

There are also a couple grenadines I would consider. The blue-white and green-white grenadine have a good summery vibe to them. The light blue melange fina is on my list at the moment too. On the dressier side I’m also a big fan of the blue orange flower grenadine. I have that one and it ties a great knot and is perfect for the warm weather. I plan to get the yellow version this year.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you wear a lot of white dress shirts too so the sky matka would be a good addition as well. It’s too light for anything other than a white shirt or very light patterned shirt.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You already have the blue and the oatmeal glen plaid right?

Solid linens are obviously fun but here are some other ideas.

My wife recently gave me the blue-burgundy linen houndstooth and I can’t wait to wear it. Weight on it is excellent and it’s an incredible tie. Color is perfect for a navy jacket.

I can also heartily recommend any of the flowers printed linen ties as well. I have the yellow and the light blue. The yellow was my favorite purchase from Vanda last summer.

There are also a couple grenadines I would consider. The blue-white and green-white grenadine have a good summery vibe to them. The light blue melange fina is on my list at the moment too. On the dressier side I’m also a big fan of the blue orange flower grenadine. I have that one and it ties a great knot and is perfect for the warm weather. I plan to get the yellow version this year.
I have my eyes on that houndstooth, and all those other suggestions sound great. Any thoughts to the yellow striped linen/silk one? Something about that one is calling out to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads