• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

His name is Frank and he works out of the Brampton Mall, which isn't a very nice location really but the alterations he's done, including fixing the shoulders on a couple of SCs have turned out really well. The stuff he's made for other people is full canvas and looks fantastic, especially for the price and especially after the alteration work he's done I'm confident he can nail a fit. Plus he's very easy to talk to, not weird or high pressure as I hear some of the TO tailors can be. I've already posted the example of his work below multiple times so I'll spoiler it.
What's the pricing like say for suits or sport coats? And don't forget to update the Custom Suiting Toronto with your experience.

Bill Dlwgosh

Reaction score
What's the pricing like say for suits or sport coats?

And don't forget to update the Custom Suiting Toronto with your experience.

I've only asked about sport coats and his base price is $750 including the fabric before extras like ticket pockets, surgeon's cuffs etc. I've only spent a minute or two looking at his books and there isn't H&S or Loro Piana, but he did have one VBC book along with several others that I'm not familiar with. He's described his books as "Not as good as Zegna, but still pretty good".

I'm looking forward to having a SC made by him later this Winter. I'm taking time off work right now and one of my priorities is to get in shape. Once I feel like I'm in the shape I ought to be, probably in a few months, I'll get a SC made and report in.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks, going to start clearing fabrics I had impulsively purchased duplicate lengths of, and which I want to let go as part of my resolution to start clearing my fabrics. First up - few Fox flannel lengths that I had recently acquired. Letting go for ~65 USD/M. PM me if interested (details are as per my listing).

Last edited:

leesed4509

Reaction score
Hi guys, long time lurker here but I've finally decided to make a bespoke suit and am looking 3.7 meters of a good plain navy fabric. What options do I have with regards to finding a good deal online? I've been looking through ebay and the forum but I can't find what I'm looking for, from a reputable brand. I'd like to purchase fabric from a 3rd party and not my tailor due to the fact that the tailors in my country (South Korea) tend to get charged a high premium on imported fabrics due to our customs process and I would prefer to be able to get higher quality at a more reasonable rate. This is possible for me as my sister, from Atlanta, will be visiting me in a month and she can bring the fabric. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

sdtgt

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Similar question to @leesed4509. I'm also looking to buy good quality suit fabric, preferably italian or english, online in the US. I live in India and am visiting San Francisco in 2 weeks, so a fabric dealer in SFO would be even better. I have another friend, who is visiting NYC around the same time, so a fabric dealer in NYC would also be great. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, long time lurker here but I've finally decided to make a bespoke suit and am looking 3.7 meters of a good plain navy fabric. What options do I have with regards to finding a good deal online? I've been looking through ebay and the forum but I can't find what I'm looking for, from a reputable brand. I'd like to purchase fabric from a 3rd party and not my tailor due to the fact that the tailors in my country (South Korea) tend to get charged a high premium on imported fabrics due to our customs process and I would prefer to be able to get higher quality at a more reasonable rate. This is possible for me as my sister, from Atlanta, will be visiting me in a month and she can bring the fabric. Any suggestions?

You're asking for trouble if you order fabric without seeing the sample, or you're tailor has already showed you the sample.

Hi guys,

Similar question to @leesed4509. I'm also looking to buy good quality suit fabric, preferably italian or english, online in the US. I live in India and am visiting San Francisco in 2 weeks, so a fabric dealer in SFO would be even better. I have another friend, who is visiting NYC around the same time, so a fabric dealer in NYC would also be great. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Contact Harrison of Edinburgh.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys,

Can try britex in SF or tip top in NYC.

fllick

Reaction score
Harrison's oyster grey sharkskin vs H.Lesser 13oz grey sharkskin. Any opinions on which provides more value?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Value? Not sure how you're judging that. Impossible to say without knowing more about you. Or what you're looking for in a fabric.

Last edited:

leesed4509

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about H. Lesser and Sons 8/9oz for a work suit in Georgia? I know Manton holds this fabric in high regard but has anything changed? Is it still a durable hard wearing fabric?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We won't know for a while, will we?

Still, the basic reputation is very good. And you'll have trouble finding anything better.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of Worsted Alsport 520065 or 520068? Trying to figure out exactly how large the check is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads