• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gianni76

Reaction score
Where can I find a fabric like this but in the green , for a Norfolk jacket, thanks
Pics come from Mr Grimod

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where can I find a fabric like this but in the green , for a Norfolk jacket, thanks
Pics come from Mr Grimod

That is a very special breanish fabric that I was fortunate enough to get a length of thanks to Forex. Not my SC in the pic.

There are similar fabrics in green, that won't have the unique hand.

Try http://www.intweed.co.uk/ to start....

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that the LL book? I have one suit in one of those fabrics and won't commission another because it's a suit I can wear 3-4 times/year, max. It's a shame because there's a midnight glen check in book that I absolutely love and if I could find something similar in 13 oz or so I would have that made up.

Things I wish I never discovered: women, JAB, styleforum, and the LL. :facepalm:

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am doing a couple of custom runs of Minnis Rangoon for the Gennaro Paone trunk shows in Hong Kong.

It's a discontinued 250-280g (8-9oz) tropical fresco suiting. Two staples will be made. One in a light navy that is colour matched to a Caccioppoli summer hopsack. It would make a great summer blazer suit. The other one is a mid grey that is very similar to the mid grey found in the now discontinued Woodhouse Summer Comfort. Please PM me if you are interested in getting some of these cloths. Price is UKP40/m plus shipping at cost (estimated at UKP30/jacket, UKP40/suit).

Here are some pictures to give you a sense of what I've described above.

Caccioppoli summer light navy hopsack

Woodhouse Summer Comfort mid grey

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would you describe the differences between Minnis Fresco 8/9oz and Minnis Rangoon 8/9oz ?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am doing a couple of custom runs of Minnis Rangoon for the Gennaro Paone trunk shows in Hong Kong.

It's a discontinued 250-280g (8-9oz) tropical fresco suiting. Two staples will be made. One in a light navy that is colour matched to a Caccioppoli summer hopsack. It would make a great summer blazer suit. The other one is a mid grey that is very similar to the mid grey found in the now discontinued Woodhouse Summer Comfort. Please PM me if you are interested in getting some of these cloths. Price is UKP40/m plus shipping at cost.

these look amazing.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a discontinued 250-280g (8-9oz) tropical fresco suiting. Two staples will be made. One in a light navy that is colour matched to a Caccioppoli summer hopsack. It would make a great summer blazer suit. The other one is a mid grey that is very similar to the mid grey found in the now discontinued Woodhouse Summer Comfort. Please PM me if you are interested in getting some of these cloths. Price is UKP40/m plus shipping at cost.

I'm in for 3.4 meters

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Carlo Riva;

mmm

Last edited:

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How would you describe the differences between Minnis Fresco 8/9oz and Minnis Rangoon 8/9oz ?

Fresco 8/9 oz is a bit lighter, wears a bit cooler, but does not have the drape of Rangoon.

FWIW, the pants of my Fresco 8/9oz have all lost shape in seat area (and I'm not a big guy). Fresco 8/9oz also hangs longer (i.e.: finished garment measures the same as its heavier sibling but is longer when worn).

Last edited:

phphl

Reaction score
interesting special run! @kolecho is Rangoon less coarse than Fresco?
On the other hand, how does Rangoon compare to Smith's finmeresco?

Cheers.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

interesting special run!  @kolecho
 is Rangoon less coarse than Fresco?
On the other hand, how does Rangoon compare to Smith's finmeresco?

Cheers.

Rangoon feels smoother than Fresco. Hand is very similar to tropical worsteds like Lesser's but it's more porous. Finnemeresco is around 11oz.

Last edited:

Brendon

Reaction score
Hi GDL203
In reply to your question of Rangoon vs Fresco.
I am a bespoke tailor and have used both. Very different cloths.
Rangoon I think used to be more entry level under the John G Hardy as the business used to be set up with Minnis being the peak then Hardy then bunches with a red colour Criterion was one bunch.15-20 years ago now Can't be sure of this though has been a while for Rangoon. I bought a bit when they were clearing it out.Good cloth but nothing special. The Fresco has an extra twist in the yarn and therefore travels well. Either way the matt finish square weave will perform well against shining up.

To all Minnis fans out there. Just working on 2 suits in their QZ .....340 g 11 1/2 ounce super 150's . Makes up superbly. Not sure if there is another 12oz 150's out there but I have been using QZ for the last couple of years and should be on your radar for a winter suit.
My favourite cloths over the last 20 plus years, if anyone was asking?
Dormeuil Westminster 340 g super 100's discontinued and Amadeus when it used to be 2 by 2 100's.
Supertronic 360g Scabal high twist travel cloth discontinued
Minnis QZ
Hardy Minnis Crown Classic 340 g 100's 99% 1% Cashmere
Any mohair by William Halstead.

Good luck GDL203. I hope this is of help
regards
Brendon

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads