• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never experimented with Donegal, but I would think its best use would be for when you wouldn't mind wearing a corduroy suit. A tad rumpled, but coherent enough not to be jarring to the observer. A brunch at Harvard Square kind of thing.

Has the square changed that much? It used to be punk rocker kids and the chain smoking chess master in front of ABP.

I only went to the Kong and the Bartley's

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Has the square changed that much? It used to be punk rocker kids and the chain smoking chess master in front of ABP.

I only went to the Kong and the Bartley's
Even in those days, Rizzo had clients.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
My wife loved Bartley's and took me there several times. As I recall, it had a great deal overt right-wing propaganda on the walls, which seemed out of place in Harvard Square. I of course felt right at home.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does anyone have any recommendations for a cream linen, or linen mix fabric for a summer jacket?

I do like pure linen but it does crease too much for my taste so was thinking of something blended, but not sure who makes such a cloth - no doubt an Italian?

Drapers has some nice linen wool silk mixes

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Just an update for the guys that joined me in commissioning some custom Bonfanti shirting - the blue shirtings are finished and ready to ship (after some delay :)), and the yellows should be out by next week. Will be PMing each of you individually on specifics! Stay tuned!

And there're now more custom Bonfanti shirtings about to start production, including a heavyweight 200/2 striped poplin in classic colours!

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Anyone familiar with zegna cotton cashmere corduroy for trousers? Is 12 oz too light?
I really love the heavier Porter& Harding wide wale stuff. Which is not to say that there can't be another solution for different sorts of weather.

borbor

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a cream linen, or linen mix fabric for a summer jacket?

I do like pure linen but it does crease too much for my taste so was thinking of something blended, but not sure who makes such a cloth - no doubt an Italian?
I remember seeing a ticket in Mirage....not sure if it's too dark a beige for what you're after though.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction for where to purchase Loro Piana fabrics, specifically their storm system cloth? I would like some to be made up into a coat, but I am having difficulties tracking down a supplier.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wife loved Bartley's and took me there several times. As I recall, it had a great deal overt right-wing propaganda on the walls, which seemed out of place in Harvard Square. I of course felt right at home.

Is the political climate starting to change at the upper schools? Hopefully the brainwashing is coming to an end.

MrChris

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I'm planning my next suit commission. A navy/blue fabric suitable from mild spring to mild fall, obviously with exception for the hottest summer weather. I'm eyeing a the 0520 blue minnis fresco. Any recommendations of similar fabrics suitable to my needs? It doesn't necessarily have to be a fresco fabric.
(I did some research in this thread and there was some discussions, but a few years ago so I'm uncertain how accurate that info is today).

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Gentlemen,
I'm planning my next suit commission. A navy/blue fabric suitable from mild spring to mild fall, obviously with exception for the hottest summer weather. I'm eyeing a the 0520 blue minnis fresco. Any recommendations of similar fabrics suitable to my needs? It doesn't necessarily have to be a fresco fabric.
(I did some research in this thread and there was some discussions, but a few years ago so I'm uncertain how accurate that info is today).
Just last week I ordered the same-- or, at least, the equivalent from the Fresco II book. It's a nice color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads