• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[/SPOILER]

Your linen suit is a beautiful color but not really my preference for a summer color. Perhaps I just dont have the chops to pull it off.

My concern with a darker brown is that it can look a little too much like feces. I know that sounds crazy but it is what I think of.

I quite like the shade of the second linen suit you posted. Has more of a gold tinge to it and steers away from being too brown. I wonder what book its from.

They both look like feces - just depends on what has been eaten before... ;)

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A couple cloth pickups for next fall

-2x Edwin Woodhouse tan cav twills (pants)
-Edwin Woodhouse grey covert twill (pants)
-Zegna cav twills (pants)
-The famous Lovat for London Lounge brown shetland herringbone tweed (sportcoat)

t6b3ep.jpg

Last edited:

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They both look like feces - just depends on what has been eaten before... ;)

Spoken like a true parent...

Going to go with the Caccioppoli fabric, it has a bit more golden/brown in it than the W. Bill khaki. I think it will make for a slightly more interesting suit.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My LL x Lovat herringbone now has a companion

118i2bc.jpg

2gsjp0h.jpg

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Merino Bros

Reaction score
How are these different from the Lessers Tropical and the Harrisons Frontier?
Regency is mostly twill weave with smoother hand feeling while Frontier is plain, more open weave. It is also heavier than Lessers Tropical, which is 8-9oz. In terms of pricing, Regency is similar to Frontier, making it an ideal choice for basic suiting.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

I think I am going to do a finmeresco this month. It seems like a perfect in-between between the fresco 8/9oz and the fresco 10oz.

I'm looking at the Smith & Co book at a 9/10 Oz Finmeresco (SW2948) or a 12/13 Oz (SW2904).

Decisions, decisions.

IME, the 12/13 oz finmeresco is slightly less open weave and wears just a bit warmer than 10 oz fresco.

Do Harrisons mail swatches?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a million times.

Harrison's has been incredibly helpful in mailing multiple swatches to me.

Regency is mostly twill weave with smoother hand feeling while Frontier is plain, more open weave. It is also heavier than Lessers Tropical, which is 8-9oz. In terms of pricing, Regency is similar to Frontier, making it an ideal choice for basic suiting.   

I'll be really interested to see this book. I've been impressed by Frontier. It's a near perfect weight for eight or nine months of the year here in SoCal. But the panama weave means no sharkskins, birdseyes, or herringbones. Looks as though Regency plugs that gap. Also makes me curious if this is a rebranding of the Lesser's 9.5/10oz book which was fantastic.

I have to say, though Harrison's doesn't get anything like the love accorded Lesser's and Smith's, I've been really impressed by the performance of the Harrison's fabrics I have.

johanm

Reaction score

I've been impressed by Frontier. It's a near perfect weight for eight or nine months of the year here in SoCal. But the panama weave means no sharkskins, birdseyes, or herringbones. Looks as though Regency plugs that gap. Also makes me curious if this is a rebranding of the Lesser's 9.5/10oz book which was fantastic.

Frontier is closer to the Lesser 9.5/10oz - both are plain weaves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads