• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
somebody knows a mill that makes a 24 or 36 ply? asking for a friend.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 11.58.09 AM.png

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those with dinner jackets...midnight versus black? Why opt for the former? Is it more interesting, even if it reads formal? Curious how you would describe the difference or why one for you was more appealing, aesthetically.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those with dinner jackets...midnight versus black? Why opt for the former? Is it more interesting, even if it reads formal? Curious how you would describe the difference or why one for you was more appealing, aesthetically.

According to the “experts” the midnight blue looks black under artificial light. In contrast, black takes on a brownish hue under artificial light. However, I have never noticed the difference in color under artificial. I also chose black barathea from dugdale brothers for my DJ.

JHWilliams

Reaction score

I went with midnight blue smith woolens barathea for my dinner suit. (It definitely looks much more “black” under the lights).

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wanted to wear a blue shirt with my tuxedo....

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulling an idea for a casual travel jacket off the back burner.

Does anyone know or have suggestions on a jersey knit or similar? Something with some stretch, super soft to throw on for flights, won’t easily wrinkle? I know Zegna has a Wool/Cotton jersey knit I can pick up in like a molted “denim” shade but just making sure I’ve exhausted my search.

Drago’s Rugby Flannel came to mind. Drapers Earth/Wind/Fire as well.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know or have suggestions on a jersey knit or similar? Something with some stretch, super soft to throw on for flights, won’t easily wrinkle? I know Zegna has a Wool/Cotton jersey knit I can pick up in like a molted “denim” shade but just making sure I’ve exhausted my search.

i'd think about double knit fabric which is jersey-adjacent and prob better ( way more body ) for tailoring

edit : also , jacquard knit fabric . either would be more * stand-up * fabrics than jersey and also imho a better drape

Last edited:

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Porter and Harding new bunch Lonedin??!! Anyone have Intel on these?

The patterns look meh. But curious about the fabric itself.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would probably buy something like this RTW, rather than have it made. Cloth like what you are describing has a tendency to stretch and bag, eventually losing shape. If you have money to burn, then check out the Ariston books. Fusion has a couple interesting pieces that could work, as does Leisure.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prefer midnight blue for the reasons you point out: more interesting in my view, but it is a weak preference.

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would probably buy something like this RTW, rather than have it made. Cloth like what you are describing has a tendency to stretch and bag, eventually losing shape. If you have money to burn, then check out the Ariston books. Fusion has a couple interesting pieces that could work, as does Leisure.
Thanks. I designed a travel jacket with my tailor to fit my needs how I want. It’s not a sport coat and I don’t care if it’s shapeless, bags or anything else. I asked about the jersey knit suggestions for on purpose.

undertheskin

Reaction score

loro piana has small range iirc.
bntailor had them in their stories a while ago.

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • @Old Red

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • @Chadclass

Votes: 15 21.1%