• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those pics are not an ad for the florentine cut, if that was the intent.

Francesco Guida looks like a capable tailor depending on what you want your clothes to look like. The man use to be a cutter for liverano......

Solaro_Fabric_bespoke_suit.jpg

Solaro-suit-bespoke-The-Journal-of-Style-2.jpg

Solaro-suit-bespoke-The-Journal-of-Style-1.jpg

Scholar_style_bespoke_tweed_suit_1_Torsten_Grunwald.jpg

Francesco_Guida_suits_Jeppe_The_JOurnal_of_Style_2.jpg

hippotamus

Reaction score
Add cocinella to another house in asia doing a florentine style cut.

Interesting take on the lapel. So the concavity is an optical illusion?

I figure it is straight by comparing the distance of edge of the lapel to the checked line, and they all look paralleled, so my very un-scientific way to see if it is concave or not.

f7848b9a-3f47-427b-86a4-f5d5b25288c8.jpeg
800x-1.jpg

zr3rs

Reaction score
I figure it is straight by comparing the distance of edge of the lapel to the checked line, and they all look paralleled, so my very un-scientific way to see if it is concave or not.

You are aware that wool can be stretched and shrunk by ironing and that this is an old tailoring technique? You would have to inspect the canvas underneath to make a conclusion....

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

View attachment 880115
This dude looks good, but he has very strong shoulders and an otherwise slim build. Most of the others look like the jacket is about to slide off them.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think, having looked at a lot of Liverano shots, the concavity is not always obvious, as shown by the last shot of the 3 of them. Prologue seems to do the effect well, albeit you have to be comfortable with the gorge being really low.

upload_2017-11-24_8-26-53.png

upload_2017-11-24_8-22-49.png

Corcos is less obvious as well, although clearly a really nice fit in the front here (I have seen a few back fit pics that were less than perfect).

upload_2017-11-24_8-31-52.png

And some of the pics Guida posts I would argue are not good advertising for him, regardless of aesthetic preferences.

upload_2017-11-24_8-35-44.png

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You could find better, but this isn't nearly as awful as it could be.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t like the liverano cut on him.

That's a tough one, since he practically IS Liverano these days. That is Taka, who is really the main guy there with Liverano himself not traveling anymore.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads