• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So does that mean that Drapers would be available to most tailors as jodek also list them on their site?

AFAIK, Jodek only handles North America for Drapers. If your tailor is located elsewhere, you'll have to find the appropriate distributor.

Last edited:

Bill Dlwgosh

Reaction score
AFAIK, Jodek only handles North America for Drapers. If your tailor is located elsewhere, you'll have to find the appropriate distributor.

Yup Yup, I'm in Greater Toronto as is the tailor. I wonder if there's somewhere to see drapers books online?

Last edited:

Bill Dlwgosh

Reaction score
B&T Tailor website lol...at least half of the things they make up seem to be done in Draper's cloth...

Yeah, the B&T Tumblr (or is it instagram) is where I've seen Drapers the most, by far. I figure if Drapers is good enough for B&T then, well, yeah...

The only high end books I know for sure that I can find in person in Toronto are Holland and Sherry as Harry Rosen keeps them on display for their MTM. The local tailor I look forward to having a jacket from has a VBC book mixed in with some others I'm not familiar with.

If Drapers is available to North American Tailors through jodek, and if I can find their books online somewhere so as to know what's what, then that could be interesting.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of high-end books that you can view online...

Harrisons of Edinburgh and all of their brands
Scabal
Ariston
Fox Brothers Flannels

just to name a few...

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, you should talk to your tailor about it. He should be able to guide you. It's nice to be able to see it online, but that is no substitute for actually being able to feel them, touch them, and compare from one to another.

Bill Dlwgosh

Reaction score
^For Sure, and that's one nice thing about being able to flip through the H&S books, which I've spent a bit of time doing and, honestly, I'm sure contain more than I'd ever need to put together the kind of smaller wardrobe I look towards.

Merino Bros

Reaction score
A teaser :cool:

rando

Reaction score
Because of the high cost of imported fabrics here, I wanted to learn more about purchasing fabric on my own. I read through several of the most recent and early pages which gave me some general information. I know the world of fabrics is extremely vast, but is there somewhere I can read for a summary/primer to get a general understanding and overview? Thanks!

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of Minnis Flannel 304 or 315 (the Air Force blues) made up?

Trying to gauge how much lighter they look as a full suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads