• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Dope. Looked @ Gilt and saw Spurr stuff that I was cool. At first, I looked up Spurr and saw $200+ price tags and was like
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
...but def doable @ Gilt--will just have to keep a look out. Do you have any idea on sizing? TTS? M in Gitman.

Depends on the line. IME the rectangular label (I believe this is the "Simon Spurr" collection since these are the ones showcased in his runway shows) shirts are tts and the square label (assumed "SPURR" by default) fits small (like size up 1 and slightly smaller than BoO actually). I have a rectangular label shirt that I'd ideally fit XS (it's a S) and I tried on a square label XS and it was visibly pulling, which doesn't happen on my XS BoO shirt
Originally Posted by noobizor
Can't speak to the quality of their mall line shirts and jeans and so forth, but Hugo Boss still makes some really great slim-fitting stuff in first world countries. They have different levels of quality, much like Ralph Lauren. Would be a mistake to wholly discount them, IMO.
True, Hugo Boss Selection is a bona fide designer label (like Calvin Klein Collection, though less inventive), and their made in Italy/USA stuff seems to be of good construction and with interesting fabrics while being easy to find at deep discounts
Originally Posted by DannyK
Can anyone recommend another suit brand cut similarly to a RLBL anthony (nice and slim)?
Most designer suits have similarly slim cuts (though you may have to look for Shorts to get the same length
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Losing a bit of weight, tired of the tight/super tailored look on everything. Can someone give me a good reason not to get some relaxed/carrot fit/drop crotch chinos? I want to try a basic navy pair and maybe progress to a pair of gray ones. Def need something with a fuller fit as a slim fit only accentuates my... cycling thighs. I think I'm gonna make a stop at Topman at lunch today.
Extreme drop crotch is a fad that will hopefully fade soon. Can look good 5% of the time, but most examples just look like fashion victims. It's just a backswing to increasingly low rises and in suits/formal looks, I tend to hate them in general (I have a much stricter criteria for formal stuff and that's just my opinion so don't put much stake into it)
Anyone know where to look for some fabric wax? Like Filsons or a similar -- or any -- product that could be use to wax a jacket? I've tried Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Home Depot, JoAnne's Fabrics, and everything that came up on the interwebs for my city... I hear you can order it from Barbour, but I'd rather not wait a few weeks for a tub to arrive in the mail.
If you're ambitious, you could make your own.

kilgore

Reaction score
hmm i asked this originally in the ask a question thread but realized it might be more relevant here. i'm looking to purchase my first pair of penny loafers. any particular recommendations from you guys?

Green_Pinguin

Reaction score
I plan on buying my first leather now, I would like something in the rider style.
I`ve thougthed of this one, but aren`t sure about the quality. Do you think it`s
worth the money?

http://viparoclothing.com/ProductDet...?Productid=205

Further it would be really nice, if someone could recommend me some other
brands, which offers leather jackets with a decent quality for about 250 $.
Don`t know if it`s possible getting something solid for that price, but sadly,
I can`t offering a ToJ rider.

bluefields

Reaction score
Have a wedding coming up, completely lack formal wear. I'm asked to wear black pants, black shoes, grey shirt, and a black tie (skinny).

affordable recommendations? currently looking for oxford shoes < $100. And for pants and shirt I'd probably look around jcrew?

appreciate any feedback

epilepc

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for two new pairs of shoes, preferably <$150, for general wear, so something versatile that I can wear with a lot of things...

I have a pair of black cherry Redwing GTs and Clarks Beeswax DBs.

These aren't shoes I can wear with shorts, although that's not a strict requirement, I still like hi-tops. I'd just like more shoes I can wear.

I wear jeans a lot, usually dark, and I usually wear grey, white, or black tops.

So I'm thinking a pair of white sneakers and a pair of grey chukkas. Any suggestions?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
If you're ambitious, you could make your own.
Thanks, didn't find that in the search. Definitely will follow that method -- but no way am I risking an explosion.
laugh.gif
Maybe I'll just try some melted non-toxic candles from the local hippie shop.

imschatz

Reaction score
Looking for a denim shirt/overshirt. I'm in love the with MFxSC CPO Overshirt .. but suspect a 0% probability of ever finding one. I'm thinking something like the Ironheart IHSH-27 would be the next best bet, but looking for alternatives before I commit. Requirements: Denim, snap buttons.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fuuuuu...that Mr Freedom thingie is awesome, a world above the second. Have you considered just going bespoke? Do you have the dimensions of the MF? (And if so, coupd you share them?
laugh.gif
)

imschatz

Reaction score
Fuuuuu...that Mr Freedom thingie is awesome, a world above the second. Have you considered just going bespoke? Do you have the dimensions of the MF? (And if so, coupd you share them?
laugh.gif
)

smile.gif
Nah. The Ironheart shirt looks better in the fit/wear pics on their forum.

So(cal)Steezy

Reaction score
I Have a pair of nudie grim tims dry dirts that are just about ready for their first wash. Just added a pair of the n&f chino jeans. I already have enough blue denim so...
Next I am thinking a pair of grey or back denim? What is more versatile?
I also would like to pick up a pair of clark db's. Any suggestions on a color that would work well with all these different denims? I prefer suede...no beeswax please. Thanks for the help. Learned a lot in the past few weeks on this site.

zerostyle

Reaction score
What's everyone's go-to belt/shoe combo for wearing dark jeans + tucked in button down shirts?

Would be nice if it's casual enough to wear almost anywhere but dressy enough to wear with a blazer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads