• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Jacob_G

Reaction score
alright, I have some grey gat´s and want a pair of black and a pair of white sneakers. any advice (thought about mmm & common projects)?

4mused

Reaction score
I know summers coming up but can someone recommend me a nice peacoat? I want something:

-relatively plain
-slightly longer than a regular sweater, like slightly higher than mid thigh
-gets tighter at the waist

Someone told me to watch Gossip Girl for some really good ones. I actually saw a few I really liked.

Thanks in advance!

MelonSnapple

Reaction score
could you guys reccomend some slim shorts that are cheap and reasonably attractive and some nice espradilles also on the el cheapo end.

SpartanUndressed

Reaction score
Need a spring jacket (or two?). Looking for something with a hood (maybe a shell of some sort?) and then maybe something a bit more fashionable that i can wear over a sweater for a night out. Budget is under $250 for each.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MelonSnapple
could you guys reccomend some slim shorts that are cheap and reasonably attractive and some nice espradilles also on the el cheapo end.

massimo dutti for sure; maybe zara.

steviecakes

Reaction score
Anyone wanna recommend me more hoodies like this one at oak?
img_0765_4.jpg
http://www.oaknyc.com/black-slouch-hoodie.html I like oversized hoods, they make me feel like a jawa
blush.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 4mused
I know summers coming up but can someone recommend me a nice peacoat? I want something:

-relatively plain
-slightly longer than a regular sweater, like slightly higher than mid thigh
-gets tighter at the waist

Someone told me to watch Gossip Girl for some really good ones. I actually saw a few I really liked.

Thanks in advance!

There's a massive thread on peacoats here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...hlight=peacoat

Maybe somehing from Schott?

CJones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MelonSnapple

I have two pairs of Billy Reid shorts. They are quite nice.

Vecna

Reaction score
Looking for a basic well fitting white tee (crew or V) that will not show the darker shade of my nipples. Expected to be worn around 80F weather, so it has to breathe reasonably well. Looking to spend 25-40 USD. Suggestions?

filcol

Reaction score
I'm looking for some slim chinos but I don't know what color :/
I just bought brown desert boots and it would be cood if the color would match.
Maybe just get the classic khaki?

greets

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads