• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
02055M010002_1_2.jpg
Can someone recommend a cheap-ish grey textured scarf similar to this ragbone? Thanks!

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is chambray dead? If not, where can I get some good fitting chambray button ups? All the mall brand **** really sucks. The JCrew ones fit like a Bruce Lee top. I'm looking for a blue one and a gray one with an "athletic" fit.

Tago Mago

Reaction score
Where would you guys suggest I look to get some decent slim cut solid color oxford shirts? Hopefully something with a similar cut to the Wolf vs Goat before dinners (plum/white/black all sold out in size S
ffffuuuu.gif
). Budget would be up to around $130. Thanks!

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my vision is finally starting to fade and I'm gonna be in the market for a pair of eyeglasses. Recommendations? Here's a mugshot:

facevx.jpg

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Is chambray dead?

If not, where can I get some good fitting chambray button ups? All the mall brand **** really sucks. The JCrew ones fit like a Bruce Lee top. I'm looking for a blue one and a gray one with an "athletic" fit.

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...rts/Categories

Epaulet has several good ones. The fit on their shirts is amazing. For reference, I'm 5'10" and 170 pounds and wear a Medium. They fit slim.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
good fitting is dependant on your build.. which is...

height/weight plz?

I am 5' 11"ish, about 190# now, athletic (42" chest, 32-33" waist), slightly long arms, standard proportions otherwise

Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
color of chambray?

Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I'm looking for a blue one and a gray one with an "athletic" fit.

Originally Posted by TKJTG
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...rts/Categories

Epaulet has several good ones. The fit on their shirts is amazing. For reference, I'm 5'10" and 170 pounds and wear a Medium. They fit slim.

Those look really good. Gonna pull the trigger on the blue one, most likely in a large. Shame they don't have an all out gray one though

ArtifactsinMotion

Reaction score
Hey, just reposting this since I found no assistance in the ask a question topic.

I'm having trouble finding some winter wear for the season. In particular coats/parkas.
The only detail that sets me off is I'm really set on finding one with a fur fringe (faux preferably, but I'll take a real one if its reasonable)
on the hood, yet having a unique look and tailoring to the coat as well.
I'm not particularly fond of down coats, as I'm very tall and slender, and it makes my torso appear quite disproportionate.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArtifactsinMotion
Hey, just reposting this since I found no assistance in the ask a question topic.

I'm having trouble finding some winter wear for the season. In particular coats/parkas.
The only detail that sets me off is I'm really set on finding one with a fur fringe (faux preferably, but I'll take a real one if its reasonable)
on the hood, yet having a unique look and tailoring to the coat as well.
I'm not particularly fond of down coats, as I'm very tall and slender, and it makes my torso appear quite disproportionate.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

TOJ: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=7770
Only winter coat you'll ever need.

ArtifactsinMotion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
TOJ: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=7770
Only winter coat you'll ever need.

I love the detail on the hood, and the extra drawstrings as well, but its a tad simplistic in my opinion. Just not entirely my taste, but its hard to say without trying it on. Definitely an option, and way better than what I've been seeing through hours of browsing. Thank you!

phaseshift

Reaction score
need recommendation for what color pants should I get to go along with Sand colored Desert Boots?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads