• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by opusX
Can anyone recommend what style/color belt to wear with my Red Wing GT's Black Cherry???

I dont feel a brown belt would work in this case... would straight black work??

i've been thinking about looking for a black cherry belt to match the color of the boots but I wanted some more creative ideas on what would work.

Thanks

No need to get a perfect match, especially in casual fits. But something in burgundy or cordovan-colored calf would work:
efd2_1.JPG

The belt is Allen Edmonds.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
I'm looking for a good SF-level quality guayabera. Must be available in XS or online MTM. Any recommendations?

I like the look of this one by ADAM. Too bad Bluefly only has it in sizes M and up now. :-/

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generic Man are a little cheaper than CP and whatnot. You can also never go wrong with Chucks or Purcells. What specific aesthetic are you after?

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Generic Man are a little cheaper than CP and whatnot. You can also never go wrong with Chucks or Purcells. What specific aesthetic are you after?
I honestly dont know what style im look for ,lol I like how the CP look but the price is a little to much for sneakers
tounge.gif
-edit- I want the shoes to look good with dark khaki colored shorts or jeans

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Look for a Navy with white trim track jacket, it has to have a shortish neck so i can sip all the way up and still have some of my chin/neck exposed. Anything?

Clover216

Reaction score
Can anyone help spark my interest in a some sort of casual jacket. I was looking for something along the lines of J.Crew's utility jacket, but have heard some mixed reviews over it. I'm just looking for a nice, classic outerwear piece (not a blazer or sports coat), nothing too over the top. I'm sort of leaning towards a field jacket/military jacket look, but I'm open to others.

P.S.- Would like to not have to spend more than $150-200.

Tumbling Dice

Reaction score
Can Levi's 514 corduroys be had anywhere at this point? I've been searching the Internet for these off and on for months, to no avail. I got one pair of these a couple years ago and wore the hell out of them because they are so darn comfortable, easy to wear, and look great. Now I wish I had stocked up on them. Is Levi's making any corduroys at this point, in 514 or any other model for that matter? [At one Levi's store they said that Levi's only sells corduroys during Fall/Winter, but I didn't see any last Fall or Winter.]

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clover216
Can anyone help spark my interest in a some sort of casual jacket. I was looking for something along the lines of J.Crew's utility jacket, but have heard some mixed reviews over it. I'm just looking for a nice, classic outerwear piece (not a blazer or sports coat), nothing too over the top. I'm sort of leaning towards a field jacket/military jacket look, but I'm open to others.

P.S.- Would like to not have to spend more than $150-200.

i have one no problems with it i like it ...u might have to try it on in person because 2 of the same size jackets differed a little in the size

Clover216

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_pole
i have one no problems with it i like it ...u might have to try it on in person because 2 of the same size jackets differed a little in the size

Thanks.

In addition to the J.Crew utility jacket, what about these two?

pCKI1-4928915v275.jpg

Calvin Klein Military Shirt Jacket- $74

or

yhst-45521261212254_2047_35484179

Army Navy Mall M-65 Field Jacket- $71

Initially, I notice that the Army jacket might be a little heavy for summer use, but maybe not. Any other recommendations for a spring/summer jacket along the lines I'm looking for would also be great.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me get the Nom De Guerre Crewneck Shetland Sweater from F/W 08?

It's Siren Song plays such a beautiful Concerto.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads