• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
Good evening gentlemen.
We are looking for 1 more individual to complete this Burgundy Stow MTO bulk order.

This boot will be based on the Brooklyn Circus stow shown below, there are some modifications made to our MTO
such as color and eyelets.

Here are the specifications:

Model: Stow (Kelmscott)
Last: 4444 / Fitting 5
Colour:
* Burgundy scotch grain on Toe Cap, Facings, Quarters and Heel Counter.
* Burgundy calf on Vamp and Tongue.
* Burgundy burnished calf on the backstrip.
Lining: Red Calf Lining.
Pull Loops: Red Pull Loops.
Eyelet: Dark Brown Eyelets.
Laces: Dark Brown Waxed Cord Laces.
Welt: Barbour Welt in Natural Finish.
Sole: Dainite Sole in Red.

These images should give you an idea on what the boot will look like.
Please PM me if you would like to be included in this great order.
I am awaiting final pricing confirmation from Richard
I suspect it will be the standard £325.00 for EU customers and around $515 for us customer.

This is an additional example of the dark eyelets with another Burgundy scotch grain.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I just joined the group and this is my first posting. I've been emailing back and forth with Richard @ The Shoe Healer about doing an MTO for a cotto cordovan Allan boot. I was originally going to just do the MTO solo, but Richard thought the boot was stunning and said he'd take two if I could get a group buy going here. We just need three more people.

Here's the specs:

Model, 'Allan'
Last, 4497s, fitting 5.
Colour, Cotto Cordovan.
Binding, Black Binding.
Lining, Black Calf Lining.
Eyelets, Black Eyelets.
Laces, Black Waxed Cord Laces.
Barbour Welt in Black Finish.
Sole, Dainite Sole in Black.

The background for this MTO is that I bought a pair pretty much like this on EBAY back in early January, and was really excited to get them. When they arrived, on close inspection though, there were serious differences in the right and left boot that were disturbing. The left boot, on the lateral side, was significantly faded and almost dry-ish, as if it had been a display shoe catching UV light for a time (hard to imagine as that is). The back spine was dry and rough - almost cracked - which was also unexpected. On the same lateral side, the inner liner had separated from the outer cordovan shell. I noticed in the photos, the seller used the right shoe for the lateral photos and the back spine photos were blurry enough not to see the detail. The seller then refused to answer any of my questions about their condition, so I sent them back and thankfully got a refund; but I was very disappointed, and was resolved to get a pair anyhow.

If interested, email Richard at:  [email protected]   re: MTO Allan in Cotto Cordovan

Photo examples to follow!

Have you considered doing it on a sleeker last like the 81?
I'd be in for a cotto 9 hole captoe in this style.

Carson

Reaction score
Hey - I didn't even know about the 81 last! Yes, I would be. I am all for sleeker. I think that would look very nice.

Let me run it by Richard.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey - I didn't even know about the 81 last! Yes, I would be. I am all for sleeker. I think that would look very nice.

Let me run it by Richard.

I might be interested in this - any idea of the price for US customers?

roadway

Reaction score
I might be interested in this - any idea of the price for US customers?

On http://www.styleforum.net/t/241668/trickers-mto-forum-group-buy/1095#post_6892174

OK, so Richard just got back to me with a very reasonable price quote of 445GBP which would be about $738, which was less than I was expecting, so there you go.

Price quote at $738

Having just communicated with Richard again, I think we are preferring a darker welt, which as a member stated above, gives it a more elegant look...

This is the price without VAT added.

Slonukhi58

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I hate to dampen anyone's enthusiasm but Richard from Shoehealer confirmed that Tricker's do not do a Burgundy Scothgrain.He checked with the factory and they said the Short Stow boots pictured are Brown Zug grain with Burgundy polish applied to change the colour.If you look on both the Shoehealer and Tricker's own site there is no mention of Burgundy Scotchgrain,only burnished calf and Repello suede.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spoke with Richard this morning. It sounds like our Teak Allan boot is about 3 weeks away!!

prurient

Reaction score
The worst of winter seems to be behind us... Ready for a summer shoe!
Emailed these specs to Richard. Shoe should be around 432.50 GBP and ready for May. We need six people (although he'll ponder on ordering one or two for the shop). How does everyone feels?

Model: Minster
Last: 4444
Colour: Orange Cordovan —> https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/980/commando-orange-cordovan-keswick-brogue
Lining: Natural
Eyelets: Silver Brass Eyelets
Laces: Light brown? Open to suggestions.
Welt: Barbour Welt in Natural Finish
Sole: Double Leather or Brown Dainite <— would prefer the latter for a more versatile shoe.

Closest representation I could find (via Japanese retailer):

Jonny Cooper

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I think Richard at Shoehealer is still sunning himself on holiday but according to the latest tweet from SH, the Teak Cordovan boots are in store......and judging by the photos on Facebook, are looking mighty fine indeed.

I am waiting for the MTO Tricker's Henry in 1001 burnished on a leather sole with natural Barbour welt & red lining (i think) to arrive.

I hope I get a glimpse of the Cordovan Allans before they all get posted out.

Jonny.

Jonny Cooper

Reaction score
I am gutted.

Richard has just phoned me & the MTO Henrys arrived late last week which was good news.
The not so good news is that they were displayed & my pair sold by a member of staff who hadn't checked in the diary & reserved them.
I really fancied these as they were the first pair of Tricker's that I ever tried on & the leather sole option was how I wanted them.

Not to worry, Richard couldn't have been more apologetic & hopefully my brother & I, along with some guidance from Richard, can put a new MTO together over Easter & I can have something else to look forward to.

Andrew-NL

Reaction score
Wow, those cordovan Allan boots look amazing! I think I need to get down to a Trickers stockist to work out what size/last suits me best so that I can get a piece of the action here. Anyone got any tips or suggestions to narrow my search? (I.e. style, last). The 4497/5 and Stow seem to be popular.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Figure out what your size is in 4497 and 4444 and you've covered about 90% of the desirable Tricker's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads