• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

roadway

Reaction score
The cotto cordovan does look good, even though I shouldn't be buying boots at the moment, but there is the lead time to consider :) I must say I like the black welt, it gives the boot a more formal look which I think suits it, dark brown welt etc would be the only other possibility I would consider so as not to detract from the cotto.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
Yes, that was my original thought at well ... you could dress them up a bit better if needed. I still prefer the black/cotto combo, and hopefully everyone can come on board.

Carson

Reaction score
OK, so Richard just got back to me with a very reasonable price quote of 445GBP which would be about $738, which was less than I was expecting, so there you go.

Price quote at $738

Having just communicated with Richard again, I think we are preferring a darker welt, which as a member stated above, gives it a more elegant look...

roadway

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a Burgundy Minster at the moment tentative Specs are as Follows:

Tricker's Minster Model (w/ no medallion on toe)
Burnished Burgundy
Eyelets: Black
Binding: Black
Laces: Black.
Lining: Red or Black?
Sole Dainite sole Red or Black
Welt: Natural or Black Barbour Welt
4444 Last / 5 Fitting

ravn's Eaton boot gives an idea what it will look like

Another possible would be burnished coffee with dark brown binding.

a combination of

and

Anyone interested?

Last edited:

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a Burgundy Minster at the moment tentative Specs are as Follows:

Tricker's Minster Model (w/ no medallion on toe)
Burnished Burgundy
Eyelets: Black
Binding: Black
Laces: Black.
Lining: Red or Black?
Sole Dainite sole Red or Black
Welt: Natural or Black Barbour Welt
4444 Last / 5 Fitting

ravn's Eaton boot gives an idea what it will look like

Another possible would be burnished coffee with dark brown binding.

a combination of

and

Anyone interested?
Perhaps if was a two tone Minster, combined with brown zug. :)

Last edited:

CTBrummie

Reaction score
^ They look bloody awful, to me anyway. Circus shoes.

Spoke to Richard yesterday about the possibility of getting a run of monkey boots made up in acorn, as per the below from Rakuten. Don't want anything fancy but suggest maybe a Victory sole as opposed to the usual studded Dainite to give a little better grip whilst keeping a low profile. And I don't fancy a natural welt either because they have been well and truly done to death...Don't care about lining colour and the like...

Victory sole below

Anyone interested? Drop me a PM...

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
Hi folks I am revisiting a previous MTO.
Here are the specifications.

Model: Stow.
Last: 4497s / Width Fitting: 5 or 4444 Fitting 5 (Kelmscott) ??
Colour:
* Burgundy scotch grain on Toe Cap, Facings, Quarters and Heel Counter.
* Burgundy calf on Vamp and Tongue.
* Backstrip in Burgundy Burnished.
Lining: Red Calf Lining.
Pull Loops: Red Pull Loops.
Eyelet: Dark Brown Eyelets.
Laces: Dark Brown Waxed Cord Laces.
Welt: Barbour Welt in Natural Finish.
Sole: Dainite Sole in Red.

^^

I know some wanted a full scotch grain texture on this boot, so we'll leave it up to a vote.
I am in on either version.

Please feel free to PM if interested.
best regards

Last edited:

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
^ They look bloody awful, to me anyway. Circus shoes.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Last edited:

Baldrick

Reaction score
Model: Stow.
Last: 4497s / Width Fitting: 5 or 4444 Fitting 5 (Kelmscott) ??
Colour:
* Burgundy scotch grain on Toe Cap, Facings, Quarters and Heel Counter.
* Burgundy calf on Vamp and Tongue.
* Backstrip in Burgundy Burnished.
Lining: Red Calf Lining.
Pull Loops: Red Pull Loops.
Eyelet: Dark Brown Eyelets.
Laces: Dark Brown Waxed Cord Laces.
Welt: Barbour Welt in Natural Finish.
Sole: Dainite Sole in Red.

^^

I know some wanted a full scotch grain texture on this boot, so we'll leave it up to a vote.
I am in on either version.

I am all in with your original proposal, but will prefer 4497 last on width 5.

Baldrick

Reaction score
I hope 4497 last is not the issue, I am ok with 4444 too, what happened to all the interest for burgundy sctoch grain from few weeks ago? Lets get this made.

eluther

Reaction score
I''ve spent the last week searching for the perfect casual brown summer shoe – something that will go with any color chino, fatigues, or grey wool. Eventually, I came across Shoe Healer's coffee burnished coffee Stows:

It's the perfect shade – so I figured they must obviously make them into Keswicks, right?

Well, they don't. I think it's a total oversight to not offer one of the stock models in the most versatile color brown they have.

Would anyone else be interested in doing a MTO for something this straightforward? I know most of the shoes generated by this thread look very custom, but maybe there are a few people looking to get something they can get a lot of day-to-day wear out of?

roadway

Reaction score
I hope 4497 last is not the issue, I am ok with 4444 too, what happened to all the interest for burgundy sctoch grain from few weeks ago? Lets get this made.

I need shoes, rather than boots, so will be leave off buying boots until the summer, which is not much help for you at the moment.

I would say I don't like the effect on the quarters with all grain, if you're mixing I think the facings look better in calf like this Frans Boone.

rainbowgrease

Reaction score
I contacted Richard and asked if he would like to join this MTO.

So far is

RAVN
Baldrick
Rainbowgrease

And 4444 appears to be the preferred last.

I forget how many are needed to complete the MTO request.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mercydcom