• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

don't know if i'm in the minority on this, but the shearling really makes the a2 for me

speaking of which - what's the lifespan on the shearling like? will it last as long as the jacket itself without succumbing to matting/other nastiness?

sorry if dumb q's

my shearling collar gets a lot less wear than the A2 I've got, but i've been putting it on the jacket when it's real cold since 2010 or 2011, and it shows zero signs of wear.

you know, I wouldn't have agreed about the shearling making the jacket before this february. i finally put it on the jacket for this winter, and i went "damn why haven't I been wearing this," whereas before, I was putting the jacket on and going "nope, not right for this outfit...." the shearling is baller.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iirc, pliable and soft (relative to calf) but not in the league of lamb

thanks

so like i mentioned in another post, it's basically an in-between, yeah? and this is in addition to goat's pebbled texture (as far as what differentiates goat from the other leathers)?

is there anything else that makes goat different/warrants consideration of goat?

don't know if i'm in the minority on this, but the shearling really makes the a2 for me

speaking of which - what's the lifespan on the shearling like? will it last as long as the jacket itself without succumbing to matting/other nastiness?

sorry if dumb q's

my shearling collar gets a lot less wear than the A2 I've got, but i've been putting it on the jacket when it's real cold since 2010 or 2011, and it shows zero signs of wear.

you know, I wouldn't have agreed about the shearling making the jacket before this february. i finally put it on the jacket for this winter, and i went "damn why haven't I been wearing this," whereas before, I was putting the jacket on and going "nope, not right for this outfit...." the shearling is baller.

great to know, the reassurance really helps

-

and sorry for making so many posts in such a short time, guys

i'm just trying to make sure of what i want to order on impulse (only way i'll allow myself to get a toj; will worry about financial consequences later :eek:) and want to make sure that i've considered all of the leather options

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

how should shoulder measurements on a rider compare to shoulder measurements on a t-shirt or light hoodie?

no correlation really. those stretch (so, i guess, bigger is your answer, unless your tees or hoodies have big shoulders.) work from an unstretchy jacket/coat

Gnetti

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum, but I am in the process of ordering a Blacked out BCDR in Black lamb, but do you know if TOJ allows for me to use the cuffs from the 2010DR instead of the BCDR?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Hey guys new to the forum, but I am in the process of ordering a Blacked out BCDR in Black lamb, but do you know if TOJ allows for me to use the cuffs from the 2010DR instead of the BCDR?

What did Charly say when you emailed him?

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nope sorry

anyway my request for the 3/4ths placket was denied :(

dumb questions:

- I'm 5'8, ~125 lbs. - going by ht&wt alone would a stock 46 be good? not going for a super slim fit, want to be able to layer, and want to accommodate for at the most ~10 lbs. of weight gain

- are the body measurements toj wants traditional measurements, or would I have to bring my phone to show whoever measures me how to do it? really stupid question I know but I've never had measurements taken for clothing before

- really stupid, but would removing the half-placket be a messy job (for somebody else to do, not me) assuming I don't like it? it's starting to grow on me, but at the same time idk

- went for no name tag - is it pretty much a love it or hate it thing, or is there something i'm just not seeing about it?

:embar:

Last edited:

hmtwrk

Reaction score
nope sorry

anyway my request for the 3/4ths placket was denied
frown.gif

dumb questions:

- I'm 5'8, ~125 lbs. - going by ht&wt alone would a stock 46 be good? not going for a super slim fit, want to be able to layer, and want to accommodate for at the most ~10 lbs. of weight gain

- are the body measurements toj wants traditional measurements, or would I have to bring my phone to show whoever measures me how to do it? really stupid question I know but I've never had measurements taken for clothing before

- really stupid, but would removing the half-placket be a messy job (for somebody else to do, not me) assuming I don't like it? it's starting to grow on me, but at the same time idk

- went for no name tag - is it pretty much a love it or hate it thing, or is there something i'm just not seeing about it?

shog[1].gif

i'm 5'10" 125 and stock 46 works really well for me (it's really forgiving). i wouldn't ditch the half-placket and name tag. you might be on the fence about it now but you won't be regretting it once you get it. on the other hand, taking the signature pieces out of a jacket that will make you standout everywhere you go, THAT you might regret. the details are really that good, don't overthink it and just trust.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Super slept on harrington still going strong :nodding: Suede is so soft.

Last edited:

aphelan

Reaction score
Excella zips on my black 4zip lamb moto...yea or nea? I have about a week or so to decide.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics