1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

What did you tell them to convince them to actallly go through with it, and when was your original order date?

2. seabrass

seabrass Well-Known Member

Well, it wasn't my jacket. My girlfriend ordered stuff on Amazon and for some reason it was in my name...

[​IMG]

3. Sapling

Sapling Member

Original order date: Feb 2014.

The "resolution center" I got through to the second time, after hearing my story decided to open my case based on:
    1. Initial order had quoted a long delivery time frame (30 weeks)
    2. There was proof that delivery date was moved a few times. It was possible to interpret that the new delivery timeline was moved to December 2014.

So when I did get my ass in gear to fax them the correspondence by mid March... I believe it was viewed to be "only" 3 months post expected delivery. My interpretation of the process was that they sent something to the vendor expecting a response... and got none.

So, if you have been probing along to say "Hey, where's my jacket? Am I still gonna get it in August?" and you get a response like "Sorry bro, something happened with someone, you're probably looking at next spring"... Then I would use that as proof of change in delivery date.

I also believe that not all CSR's have the same understanding/judgement of a situation.... so I'd call again even if you get a no the first time.

4. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

It's okay. That hateful Korean air would just ruin your friday.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

"Sorry sir we cannot do the chargeback."

"No I really want you to do the chargeback."

"Sir the time limit has passed."

"It's a special case and I want to do a chargeback. Please transfer me to a supervisor."

"Ok please hold."

"Hello Visa Resolution Center." (Clear white guy voice this time)

"I want to initiate a chargeback on undelivered goods from 2013."

"Sure. Tell me the date of the transaction."

ETC

6. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

SCAREDY CAT Styleforum Users got PUNKED by third worlders reading off a script.

No wonder they got pwned by a higher power level south korean

2 people like this.
  7. seabrass

seabrass Well-Known Member

@Distorbiant do you know where I can get some Low White Dick Ovens Ramones?

8. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

I don't understand how Drew has not asked the person/people who left the shitty reviews on the Libertine FB page to take them down.

There's like ten reviews on there calling Drew a liar and a thief and trying to dissuade people from going there. Does the dude just not care? Insane.

9. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Even if he did ask, I don't think they will get taken down this time until drew delivers on a drastic scale. Don't forget that neg reviews were posted before, drew responded and out of decency, they were taken down. And poof, he vanished again and the train stopped. We will keep going around this merry go round.

This time I think it's gonna take more than words.

10. virid

virid Member

The most astounding thing is how avoidable this whole situation was. A little honest communication and most people, while perhaps frustrated, would have continued to wait patiently. At least, I doubt others would have felt the need to harass Drew's other business ventures. While I don't endorse it, I understand the impulse.

If people changing their orders too often was disrupting the work flow, why didn't they put a stop to it? Tell people they lose their spot in the queue for excessive order changes. Or start charging people $10-$20 after they change their order a couple times. Could have used the extra revenue to fund a basic inventory system like Fok mentioned or a worker to help with shipments.

Just seems like a little TLC and honest communication could have prevented the situation from spiraling out of control.

1 person likes this.
  11. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

It did stop. Charly quit, couples with Drew doesn't answer emails regarding measurements or selling spots.

12. virid

virid Member

I'm talking about implementing this after the impending cutoff was announced and a deluge of orders started coming in. By August/September '13 they should have known this would get problematic.

13. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

Stop believing every word Drew says. The wait time is not going to increase from 20 weeks to 100 weeks when you change an order. He's been making excuses all this time on why there are delays. Of the top of my head, here's what I can remember

Korean holidays
    Sally quit
    Employee's family death
    Zipper gate
    Having to fill out EMS forms by hand
    you had your mom pay with her paypal so he can't match up names
    outdated mailing addresses

This is just another BS excuse. And as always, he's masterfully shifts blame away from himself. He even said Distorb was the reason he doesn't follow up with the issues brought up in this thread.

4 people like this.
  14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

FFS doesn't anyone actually read the posts?

Good on ya mate… yeah, I said that yesterday.

2 people like this.
  15. diniro

diniro Senior member

Pretty good reason for him to not answer emails then.

1 person likes this.
  16. Kid Nickels

:lol: true! … although there has probably already been enough correspondence for many to prove breach on delivery date.

17. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

ii have never gotten responses through email and paid using PayPal and my bank account not credit card. also changed addresses. This dude took almost a thousand bucks from me without a care in the world.This really sucks ass through a straw and not in a good way.i have yet to write a "review" on his page though.revenge ain't really my thing but this is ugly ugly ugly and only getting uglier.

18. dvskei

dvskei Senior member

+1 paid with paypal, i'm probably SOL

19. Kid Nickels

As I said it might be sufficient for many… not all. It's just bits of wood on the pile… more bits the bigger it gets. There must have been at least one original correspondence with jacket, price, specs and estimated delivery… or even copy from the site's order policy. Anyway, more emails are better, but having paid for a jacket that should have been delivered by X weeks and is still not delivered at X + Y weeks still shows breach of the original terms with no reasonable attempts to cure (fix it) by the seller. The buyer (you) has always retained the right to refuse non-conforming goods (meaning not what you paid for either physically or within the specified time period).

20. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member