1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

anyone can get big if they want. if you aren't getting heavier, you aren't eating enough [​IMG]

yep and people stop discouraging perfectly normal looking people in this thread from lifting more... no one here is going to get kunk-jacked without eating like a pig and lifting for years

2. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Not not to shit talk Kunk (and I'm not outing him or anything since he freely admits it) but you'd also need to juice.

Oranges, man, how do they work? (10)

BACK TO THE LEATHER TALK.

3. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

My bomber @ about 0.5 years:

[​IMG]

I love it, worn it almost every day since i got it. But i wonder if the sleeves are a little bit too long:

[​IMG]

waddya guys think? Could a normal tailor shorten them? How good are chances that he would fuck it up and ruin the jacket?

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

the sleeves are fine, it's not a shirt

5. djan

djan Well-Known Member

But i wonder if the sleeves are a little bit too long: waddya guys think?
    The sleeves are a little long, but overall the fit looks rather good to me. If it doesn't bother you, then don't do anything.

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

From the pictures, it looks like calf. If so, then it doesn't drape as well as lamb so that's why the sleeves look a bit weird. Overall it looks OK though. I kinda expect the leather to age a bit by now since it's been worn regularly for half a year.

7. GBear

GBear Senior member

[​IMG]

I love it, worn it almost every day since i got it. But i wonder if the sleeves are a little bit too long:

[​IMG]

waddya guys think? Could a normal tailor shorten them? How good are chances that he would fuck it up and ruin the jacket?

Looks sick! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

That's a great bomber fit, definitely shouldn't go skintight with that style. The elastic gives it a good shape even if you give yourself wiggle room when sizing.

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

good fit, and it matches your style really nicely. Well balanced fit.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Saw a video of 2NE1 "Go Away" at a Korean restaurant and I see Drew is the boyfriend in the vid. [​IMG]

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Yes, it's lamb. Here are some pics (please excuse the absolutely filthy mirror):

Here's a pic of me sans jacket so you get an idea of my body type:

http://i.imgur.com/ES7GS.jpg

Unzipped:

http://i.imgur.com/02g94.jpg

Zipped:

http://i.imgur.com/6DUam.jpg

I'm able to zip it up all the way but the P2P is just so tight. It looks comically small IMO. You guys think I should attempt to stretch it out or should I just flip it on B&S?

The fit looks way to tight overall IMO. I think 47 would have been a lot better. I say sell and get a new one.

http://i.imgur.com/jvb7c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1hITi.jpg

Sleeves are fine, I like that fit. I think it looks great.

12. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

don't shorten the sleeves, that's perfect.

13. eidolarr

eidolarr Well-Known Member

anyone can get big if they want. if you aren't getting heavier, you aren't eating enough [​IMG]

I went up like 10lbs when I started lifting even though I was eating shit. Recently I've tried everything - paleo, gallon of whole milk a day for 2 months, etc - and I can't get past 147. =(

Getting stronger regardless so I'm not too worried, but still, some people just can't do it man!

14. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

gallon of whole milk a day for 2 months

That sounds horrific.

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Violent diarrhea and vomiting through all your face orifices is not stylish. Stay away from the thicknecks bro

16. eidolarr

eidolarr Well-Known Member

Alas dude, already had to donate my shirts due to growing neck size

I actually didn't have any intolerance problems beyond a bit of nausea the first day. The worst part was the taste, i fuckin hate milk.

17. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Alas dude, already had to donate my shirts due to growing neck size I actually didn't have any intolerance problems beyond a bit of nausea the first day. The worst part was the taste, i fuckin hate milk.
    unless you have some insane thyroid disorder, you're just not eating enough to get past 147 pounds. on top of everything you're eating already, ingest a tablespoon of olive oil every 3 hours. that's about 750 additional calories per day. come back in 2 months and tell me that the scale hasn't moved up haha big or small, I can size y'all.

18. Pitman

Pitman Senior member

I dunno, I thought I couldn't gain any weight when I was 135lbs. I've attempted several times but wasn't on a strict plan. Then I started going to the gym 5-6 days a week and started eating a LOT. Jumped up to 158lbs in 3 months with very low body fat (not sure how much).

Impressive!

19. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

..., I like that fit. I think it looks great.

don't shorten the sleeves, that's perfect.

Looks sick! [​IMG] [​IMG]

That's a great bomber fit, definitely shouldn't go skintight with that style. The elastic gives it a good shape even if you give yourself wiggle room when sizing.

good fit, and it matches your style really nicely. Well balanced fit.

Thank you guys. So i guess i dont shorten them [​IMG]

From the pictures, it looks like calf. If so, then it doesn't drape as well as lamb so that's why the sleeves look a bit weird. Overall it looks OK though. I kinda expect the leather to age a bit by now since it's been worn regularly for half a year.

Yeah, its brown calf (it might look like black on the first pics). There are the first signs of wear and some "fades" are developing in certain areas:

The inside of the right sleeve. Thats because i wear my bag on this side and the sleeve of the jacket rubs on the bag when i walk:

[​IMG]

Then on the side of the body, right under the pockets:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe a dumb question, but i never owned a really good leather before: Is this the same process as it is with raw denim? Is this the dye rubbing off of the leather or how does this work?

The only thing i dont like that much is that the elastic part already looks pretty "trashed" and fussy in some areas as you can see on the pictures.

20. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

[​IMG]
    unless you have some insane thyroid disorder, you're just not eating enough to get past 147 pounds.

on top of everything you're eating already, ingest a tablespoon of olive oil every 3 hours. that's about 750 additional calories per day. come back in 2 months and tell me that the scale hasn't moved up haha

big or small, I can size y'all.

yeaaa... don't do that. i've heard bad stories about leakage. [​IMG] peanut butter would probably be better. at least it tastes good!