TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Raf Simmons

Raf Simmons Well-Known Member

Are these / is the DR '11 calf or lamp leather?
    dr 11 only comes in lamb

The suede baseball jacket, and the suede knit-collar bomber with button front (we made something just like it before last year) - this week.
    [​IMG]

2. theuglylover

theuglylover Well-Known Member

So because I'm not black I can't like slang? [​IMG]

That's how I would speak. I'm not going to put on airs and type out a response on the internet that's different from how I would talk in real life.

No need to get so defensive, though those terms are in almost in every other post it seems. And I find it funny how important those words mean to you.

3. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

I'm trying to decide what jacket (grey bcdr, minimalistic dr, or collared moto) would fit my aesthetic best. I can't kop all three...

4. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

^unless you ride bike, i don't know if anyone can pull off BCDR.

5. nghiem

nghiem Active Member

Hey has anyone who ordered their bombers in February gotten their stuff yet? I got my WV in 3 weeks, so just curious if the bombers are taking longer (ordered mine beginning of February). Not concerned, just curious [​IMG]

I ordered a brown calf bomber early Feb and received it about a month after (a week or so ago). Hopefully it'll arrive sometime soon, but if it doesn't, you should email charly.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

edit

7. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

I ordered a brown calf bomber early Feb and received it about a month after (a week or so ago). Hopefully it'll arrive sometime soon, but if it doesn't, you should email charly.

i wouldn't. he's been aggravated by the number of e-mails that he gets asking when they'll ship [​IMG]

8. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

So because I'm not black I can't like slang? [​IMG] That's how I would speak. I'm not going to put on airs and type out a response on the internet that's different from how I would talk in real life.
    The "actually" was more regarding my critisism of your overuse of the slang, not a condemnation of all non-blacks using slang. As in "i actually do like slang, though im presently critisizing your abuse of it" rather than "I actually like slang, as opposed to you cause youre a non-black". Not quite sure how you mixed these up but i apologize if you were offended. And as far as i know Drew still has no burgundy leathers except the brownish red fqhh. Im waiting for burgundy calf or lamb.

9. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

^unless you ride bike, i don't know if anyone can pull off BCDR.
    I think people who ride bikes should be the last ones copping a bcdr. I know the guys I ride with would bust my balls non stop, since it isnt a real riding jacket, and its definetly a little over the top. Those guys aren't exactly fashionistas. Not to mention it offers very little protective value because it is only available in lamb, so wearing one on a bike and wrecking would mean trashing a 700 dollar jacket, and still having to take a trip to the ER to get all the gravel scrubbed out of your road rash. I think the bcdr in its present form is more aimed towards guys like synthese or uncontrol, who actually have the balls to just wear the shit that they think looks cool instead of waiting for everyone else to tell them what to wear.

10. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

Im watching terminator 2 on amc right now, im guessing you are too. Wonder what size governator wore back then when he was freakishly large.

12. nerazzurri

nerazzurri Senior member

i want to see fit pics, until then, i am not sold.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Hey has anyone who ordered their bombers in February gotten their stuff yet? I got my WV in 3 weeks, so just curious if the bombers are taking longer (ordered mine beginning of February). Not concerned, just curious [​IMG]
    It will be take about 5 weeks I think. As Drew mentioned, they were extremely backed up from folks trying to lock in 2010 prices and other several variables. My DR just shipped on Friday, and order was put in on Feb 7th. My 2nd bomber and my peacoat, orders were put in on Feb 13th and 14th respectively, are still in the making. My first order with them back in late November/early December of 2010 was a bomber. It arrived at my door at the 3rd week mark.

15. stick

stick Senior member