TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Drew, not sure if this has been touched on, but if one goes without any banding/quilting on the bcdr, I assume there would still be the same inserted paneling, just plain?

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I think I realised what this jacket is reminding me of.

[​IMG]

why the fuck do you think I want one?

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

someone shop the whiskey bcdr with black quilting now

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Have to decline a seat on the bandwagon, I don't like the contrast quilting idea at all. Maybe with very little contrast, ie light & dark grey, it would be okay.

5. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

Thank you, IRS. Collared moto, here I come [​IMG]

6. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

Thank you, IRS. Collared moto, here I come [​IMG]

What colour?

I can't decide between whiskey and brown... wish there was a light brown option.

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

What colour?

I can't decide between whiskey and brown... wish there was a light brown option.

I think brown would be a more versatile color. My first piece was in brown, then black, then whiskey. I'm deciding my next piece now and I'm not certain yet.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Have to decline a seat on the bandwagon, I don't like the contrast quilting idea at all. Maybe with very little contrast, ie light & dark grey, it would be okay.
    Agreed. It's just too much, for some reason it reminds me of Fake Jordan's. The quilting was enough on it's on. It stands out a lot, but somehow was still pretty subtle.

9. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

I think brown would be a more versatile color. My first piece was in brown, then black, then whiskey. I'm deciding my next piece now and I'm not certain yet.

Brown is definitely more versatile. The whiskey colour just looks beautiful, and the collared moto seems like a perfect piece for it. Oh decisions. [​IMG]

10. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

What colour?

Well, I already have a brown bomber... been wanting a grey leather, and the collared moto design is just conservative enough for me that grey would give it a great edge.

11. Islander

Islander Senior member

Well, I already have a brown bomber... been wanting a grey leather, and the collared moto design is just conservative enough for me that grey would give it a great edge.

Read my mind except I don't own the bomber yet so I have to decide which to do first. Hoping for fit pics of the collared moto soon.

12. computurd

computurd Senior member

I have been mulling over it and I have an imaginary secret menu item I want to add: let's make the option for the Moto with an invisible snap on the collarband as before, and then revise the cuffs and hem to the 2011 DR/collared Moto style, so convertible cuffs and banded hem. 2 Motos for your enjoyment. Off the menu steez.

So is this an official option for the band collar moto? Because it is sounding pretty darn sweet

Also the more I look at the BCDR the more and more I am loving it. Does the jacket look any decent if worn open?

13. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

Read my mind except I don't own the bomber yet so I have to decide which to do first. Hoping for fit pics of the collared moto soon.

I'll echo the request for collared moto fit pics.

14. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

We really need band collar fit pics. I think this is why the last iteration didnt sell well, i never saw a pic of it worn open, which is of course the most important look.

Never even saw a pic of it open on a hanger, i just have no clue how that giant flap would hang without a button down snap. Jackets of this type can be very hit or miss, i have one from danier ive never worn because i feel the flap just looks weird flapping around without structure.

15. halisray

halisray Senior member