• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Hickey (hickeystyle.com)

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reaction score
I've done the best that I can with a ****** quality webcam and zero space in my apt bedroom for a full shot, but here's what I came up with. The jacket fit well enough not to tinker with the waist, but I did have a roll in the shoulders fixed and the waist on the pants brought in about an inch. I've got an 8 inch drop from chest to waist and this is a 38r. The pants come unfinished, I had the cuffs put in.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a peak lapel suit and this looks pretty nice for $300, :
H85332102_md.jpg

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a suit from Hickey, size 38R. I usually wear between a size 36 and 38 in most brands. I'll be sure to post pics once it arrives. Cheers.

zeni

Reaction score
What's with all the stoner ****? Who buys a belt with a goddamn marijuana leaf on it? Some of the looks aren't bad tho.. anyone have any experience with their cords?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
btw the no exchange /return is bullshit, i've returned super marked down sale area products many times

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
btw the no exchange /return is bullshit, i've returned super marked down sale area products many times

So how did you smooth talk the cust. service people into taking it back?

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 630
So how did you smooth talk the cust. service people into taking it back?
I bought a bunch of stuff on sale last winter. Lets say 6 items. I kept one item, the rest looked garish in person and on one of them they snuck a pot leaf by me by not including it in the description. So I returned it all and demanded a refund rather than store credit because I was extremely offended that they included images of drugs on their clothing without warning. They obliged, no questions asked. Granted, I do find it extremely frustrating that they make some nice stuff and ruin it with a gay pot leaf, I simply used it as a loop hole to get my cash back rather than credit. How have three years gone by without someone telling them that pictures of weed aren't even cool anymore? I mean, Hot Topic and Spencer's Gifts have even caught on.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hickey has some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with. I wouldn't be surprised if they would take a return if you just asked them nicely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads