• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on e-retailer Olderbest

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from Olderbest. They seem to sell reproductions of classic American and British workwear and military-based designs. Their stuff looks really cool.

Does anyone have any experience ordering from them?

Here's their "About Us" section from their website:
Olderbest is an e-retailer committed to classic menswear.
We focus on classic styles of men's wear,
Carefully select vintage, military, and workwear style excellent brands and products,
to provide you with superior quality, affordable good items.
We hope these items to be decently worn or used over time.
That's what drives us forward.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They seem to be related to Bronson Mfg who do more RRL-esque work wear/military/cowboy wear.
Click the Terms of Service on their respective sites and they both list
  • Company Name: Time Catcher Trade Co.,Limited
  • Company A ddress: Room 101A, 1/F., Genplas Industrial Building, 56 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
I've heard favorable things about Bronson but have no experience with either.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They seem to be related to Bronson Mfg who do more RRL-esque work wear/military/cowboy wear.
Click the Terms of Service on their respective sites and they both list
  • Company Name: Time Catcher Trade Co.,Limited
  • Company A ddress: Room 101A, 1/F., Genplas Industrial Building, 56 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
I've heard favorable things about Bronson but have no experience with either.
Thanks. That's good research.

I have a few things in the cart. I'll decide later if I'm going to buy.

jellyroller

Reaction score
Some nice looking stuff at very good prices. I’ve never heard of them. I’ll be curious as to what you think of the quality if you end up buying anything.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The back logo made immature me chuckle.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've bought from Bronson and Olderbeast. I didn't look deeply into it, but from what I saw, Olderbeast seemed to be a site primarily for EU and US shoppers? The prices are usually similar between the two sites but sometimes Olderbeast will have the same items a few dollars cheaper. It makes me wonder if they (Bronson Mfg) set the Olderbeast site up as some sort of exchange rate arbitrage thing. Who knows.

I just received a sweatshirt from Olderbeast last week and it shipped from China. IIRC, the tracking history had the same starting point as the last time I bought from Bronson.

FWIW, I've been really impressed with the quality of the stuff I've bought from Olderbeast/Bronson, especially for the prices. I will say that the sizing on their pants seems to be sort of all over the place from model to model and the first couple times I ordered from Bronson I got an email from them confirming that the sizes I ordered would work for me and they sent me more detailed measurements than what's on the site when I asked for them on a couple pieces. If you're planning to place an order, it might be worthwhile to reach out to them first for more info.

SirThopas

Reaction score
Just ordered a denim blanket-lined jacket. Looks cool. I wonder how long it will take to come! Will post a photo when it arrives...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Forgot to post about my order. Ordered a corduroy overshirt and a loopwheel t-shirt. For reasons unclear to me I was charged in GBP. Total was 86GBP. Shirt is okay. J Crew level quality, maybe better. Not bad for the price. T-shirt is solid but definitely size up. Took a good 2 weeks to arrive in Seattle.

SirThopas

Reaction score
My denim jacket, ordered 12 days ago, arrived in London today. Haven’t yet had a really close look at it, but it seems good quality for the price. Communication with CS at Olderbest was decent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads