• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off - Health & Body edition

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Current girl I'm seeing did competitive Tae Kwon Do for over 10 years and also had a full scholarship for NCAA soccer. Year her legs are impressive.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
what's pissing me off is that the complex's gym closes at 10PM every night. dam. i cant get anything in sometimes due to my schedule. sometimes im meeting someone at night and have a few things to do but im looking at the clock and trying to rush so i can go home, change, go to the gym and hit it in time to get something worthwhile done. then the security guard comes rushing in like at 9:58PM and just pushes everyone out the door. i mean, cmon, give us some leeway, perhaps let us finish our set? or, let us finish the time on the cardio machine? it's not like we have 20 mins left on the thing. only like 2 or 3 mins let us finish dam. we're not pack animals. we're humans using the gym.
1159[1].gif

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He probably gets in trouble if he stays on the clock a minute past. Beg the gym to extend by 30?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should have known better, but I bought a couple of pricey pairs of pants just as I was starting a diet and exercise regimen. They went from fitting perfectly to baggy in a month.
musicboohoo[1].gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
I should have known better, but I bought a couple of pricey pairs of pants just as I was starting a diet and exercise regimen. They went from fitting perfectly to baggy in a month.
musicboohoo[1].gif

same with me. i stocked up in a lot of decadent dress pants in 50 eu /34 w, and now they are all billowy.
i had a couple of 32/48 eu, and they fit if i alter them, but i need 30/46eu for the best fit now.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
whole apt asked for extended hours so they extended the hours to 11pm on friday and saturday.

friday and saturday? it's not a sports bar. fri and sat night is when my gym is most empty

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
friday and saturday? it's not a sports bar. fri and sat night is when my gym is most empty

that was also my gripe.... when i go in there on friday nite ( i usually have fri nite all to myself as my wife goes to see her mom) and i work out ...no one is there. everyone is all out. yup.

the thing is, our gym has a lock on the outside door that only residents can unlock with a key, and then you go down the hallway to the gym door which has a password code lock thing. two levels of security so it's not like they need to shut it down/close it for the night.

stever

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
I have to buy new button downs and I'm disgust at the process. I'm 1mm away from outgrowing my last ToJ. The ******* issue with today's slim clothing is you outgrow it in 10 lbs max. Too bad for my wallet my denim addiction will not tolerate bad jeans. Thank god my feet don't get bigger.

so.... what size are those tojs you just grew out of?
devil.gif

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to grow out of a Small black ox shirt, the XS's have already been sold. Likely done with a ~46 white black varsity and concerned about a ~46 grey lamb moto.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our cat peed on my gym bag. Most of it was untouched except he left a pool of urine on my logbook.

darnelled

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Our cat peed on my gym bag. Most of it was untouched except he left a pool of urine on my logbook.

That's funny.
Someone stole mine at the gym. I set it down for a minute and came back for it- gone. Why would anyone want MY logbook?

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lost ~8 pounds in the past month.5. Feels pretty good, I'm 40% to my first goal weight. However, the measurements that matter (waist, hip, thigh, chest, etc.) haven't changed at all. Essentially I've put on a bit of muscle mass and dropped a good portion of water weight & some fat around my organs. That's fine and all, but I would much rather get results in the mirror than those on the scale. Maybe I'll just lift heavier.
ffffuuuu.gif

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to get worried about my throat, this is the 3rd or so sore throat I've had in a couple of weeks

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I'm starting to get worried about my throat, this is the 3rd or so sore throat I've had in a couple of weeks

Why would that worry you? Its probably from the same virus/thing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics