1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things that are pissing you off - Health & Body edition

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Rambo, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Well-Known Member

Pussies are just generally assholes.

Agreed

2. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Well-Known Member

Agreed

lulz

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Chicks and isolation exercises..... you're not going to lose those flaps on the undersides of your upper arms by doing endless sets of triceps kickbacks... On a positive note, saw a woman do tabata burpees today.... that's what I like to see more of!
    The worst are the 45 degree kickbacks. Not really working much of anything. Put some weight up bitch stop being lazy.

Seriously 3x10 of the following 3x/week- squats, good mornings, bench, cable rows, shoulder press, decline sit ups- all the weight training anyone just looking to stay in shape needs. Sometimes I seriously consider getting into personal training but I feel like people like to waste their time

4. Kerrick

Kerrick Well-Known Member

I feel like people like to waste their time

Nearly every piece of media average people get exposed to is a treasure trove that ranges from gimmicky to out and out bullshit, it's stopped me being surprised that people are misinformed about things - spot reduction, muscle growth, intensity, whatever.

The real trouble is, as a trainer, if you start from square one trying to correct all that some will thank you, lots more will probably find someone else who'll reaffirm the ideas they got from a magazine in the checkout line and help them do bosu ball squats

5. rjmaiorano

Doing Romanian DL's today when lil guy behind me is teaching his girl how to do a DL based off of how 'wrong' my form was. Never realized how annoying it is for such small people to question your form when they have no idea what they are talking about.

6. Prada_Ferragamo

You should have kicked his ass and taken his girl. That's what I would have done.

7. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

You should have kicked his ass and taken his girl. That's what I would have done.

Alpha as fuck.

8. rjmaiorano

Alpha as fuck.

Fuckin missed opportunities. She was fuckable too. But naw, he had a little rat goatee that intimidated the hell out of me.

9. Prada_Ferragamo

Alpha as fuck.

[​IMG]

10. Prada_Ferragamo

Fuckin missed opportunities. She was fuckable too. But naw, he had a little rat goatee that intimidated the hell out of me.

All you have to do is give him a blank stare with some hate. I do that at my gym when the scrawnies come in. I just stare them down and they move the fuck out of my way.

11. rjmaiorano

All you have to do is give him a blank stare with some hate. I do that at my gym when the scrawnies come in. I just stare them down and they move the fuck out of my way.

I'll try the 'ima kill you stare' but my guess is your a wee bit bigger than me.

12. Prada_Ferragamo

5'10. Just a bit under 200. Not huge, but big enough to put the scrawny biatches in place.

13. West24

West24 Well-Known Member

5'10. Just a bit under 200. Not huge, but big enough to put the scrawny biatches in place.

youz a bitch!

14. Prada_Ferragamo

That's the same thing I said to your mom last night.

15. rjmaiorano

That's the same thing I said to your mom last night.

Well fuck me sideways. I'm 6'2" 195 as of this morn. Usually guys with your lift stats are bulkier than your height/weight. Like your 235 military press you posted, thats goddamn impressive for most anyone.

16. Prada_Ferragamo

I don't look bulky/huge if you see me on the streets, but I can push quite bit of weight for my body weight. I am not sure if it's my genetics or something else, even I am surprised at myself some times with the weights that I can lift.

But on the down side, I do have a list of minor injuries that are bothering me right now.

17. rjmaiorano

Broscience: best thing you can do is shut your mouth and keep lifting.

18. Prada_Ferragamo

Broscience: best thing you can do is shut your mouth and keep lifting.

[​IMG] I will try as long as my body can take it.

19. rjmaiorano

[​IMG] I will try as long as my body can take it.

Ditto actually. My right shoulder causes problems with every kind of press I do and my back/knees occasionally gives me shit with DL's.

20. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

Well fuck me sideways. I'm 6'2" 195 as of this morn. Usually guys with your lift stats are bulkier than your height/weight. Like your 235 military press you posted, thats goddamn impressive for most anyone.

Wow, pressing over your bodyweight is srs business as far as I am concerned.