1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things that are pissing you off - Health & Body edition

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Rambo, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Kajak

Kajak Well-Known Member

My gym has 1/3 free weights, 2/3 machines. At any given time 60% are in the free weights area, 40% in the machine area.

[​IMG]

2. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

In an effort to date, and eventually get laid, I have yet to go to the fucking gym this week. Shit's time consuming!

3. Prince

Prince Well-Known Member

Was looking forward to going to the gym today, but had a bit (or a lot) too much wine yesterday. So the gym thing is not going to happen, at least not until tonight. Hate going to the gym hungover, since you'll know up front that it is going to be a waste of time.

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I have a laundry list... not so much things that are pissing me off but more just gym related pet peeves

- people who leave weights and shit around. Savages
    - people who waste their time (and mine when I am waiting on the equipment they abuse)
    - people who don't come close to the full ROM on any exercises (2" chinups? invisible crunches? 4" bench? 1/16th squats? just go home)
    - people who curl in the squat rack [​IMG]
    - people who tackle on far more weight than they can legitimately lift (your arms are half the size of mine, you cannot curl 90# sorry)
    - people who tie up 2 or more pieces of equipment at once during peak gym hours (you're no bigger than when I saw you 10 months ago, may be time to reconsider your superset schemes)
    - dudes who set the dip assist machine to aid them by like 100# (be a man and carry your own weight)
    - people in general I just hate people.

Also I hate that my dips are taking off like a rocket while my chins sit and watch like an earthbound civilian.

5. Cool The Kid

Oh and I doo wish my girl would hit the gym, she's a tall leggy blonde but she's a little sloppy. Nice bubbly butt, but weak hammies that make for that little back arch/tummy syndrome. Just want her to do squats and SLDLs, crunches, light bench and rows, 3 sets/exercise, 2x/week. Trying to convince her to let me spend the $$$ for her gym membership but she's so fcking cheap. Might just get her a bar and train her at home. Have to unlock the potential

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

Got my girl to agree to lift with me for 6 weeks. I told her nothing would happen in 4 (as far as any strength gains or physique changes or even possibly enjoying it) so it's gotta be 6 weeks or don't get my hopes up. She quit in 4.

7. Cool The Kid

I've always been physically active so I think that's part of it. My girl's not athletic at all, can't even ride a bike, so physical exertion (outside of swimming) is just a chore to her. Sucks [​IMG]

8. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Don't understand why you guys want your girlfriends to lift. I understand squats and deads if you want them to have a bigger ass, but why would you want them to bench and do rows? Never really found lats on a girl to be particularly attractive. On the subject of things that are pissing me off my training partners a pussy who won't squat, can't do a dip or a chin up, has really shit form on every lift and all he wants to do is ab work, he doesn't understand doing 500 crunchs aren't going to make his abs push through his fat and suddenly become visible. Losing fat will.

9. db_ggmm

Firstly, a "bit" of muscle on a girl is going to be nearly invisible and she can always turn right around and lose it quicker than she got it if she wants to.

Secondly, "athletic girls NAO" thread on bb.com / misc.

Thirdly, for how useful strength is, I want my girl to have a bit of it. She is a nurse and having some strength is probably the #2 thing she can do for her own health and safety in that profession.

Fourthly, in part, the slim, soft, feminine body comes from having a good BMR. The older a girl gets, the more their body seems to go into storage mode and the more psychologically addicted they become to eating shit. Got to have some calorie inefficient musculature to keep that all in check. Skinny fat is not good for anyone. Weak, skinny teens become weak, skinny fat adults.

Fifthly, I don't know - aesthetics / personal taste? Girls have a bum, but the swimsuit models have a particular proportion of shoulder, bust, belly, and hip - that proportion looks "athletic" to me and it includes upper body strength.

To answer succinctly, I believe strength is the key to health and health is a major key to happiness.

10. Cool The Kid

Yea the whole "i dont want to look like Starla from Napoleon Dynamite" deal is unrealistic. There's a gulf of levels of muscularity between skinny fat and Chyna the wrestler, and for me personally there's not much sexier than a woman w/a nice strong quads, hammies & calves. Just looks healthier. Arms + shoulders not so much but again w/20% BF or w/e girls have you can be functionally strong w/o lookin like a bodybuilder

11. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Current girl I'm seeing did competitive Tae Kwon Do for over 10 years and also had a full scholarship for NCAA soccer. Year her legs are impressive.

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

what's pissing me off is that the complex's gym closes at 10PM every night. dam. i cant get anything in sometimes due to my schedule. sometimes im meeting someone at night and have a few things to do but im looking at the clock and trying to rush so i can go home, change, go to the gym and hit it in time to get something worthwhile done. then the security guard comes rushing in like at 9:58PM and just pushes everyone out the door. i mean, cmon, give us some leeway, perhaps let us finish our set? or, let us finish the time on the cardio machine? it's not like we have 20 mins left on the thing. only like 2 or 3 mins let us finish dam. we're not pack animals. we're humans using the gym. [​IMG]

13. db_ggmm

He probably gets in trouble if he stays on the clock a minute past. Beg the gym to extend by 30?

14. sho'nuff

He probably gets in trouble if he stays on the clock a minute past. Beg the gym to extend by 30?

whole apt asked for extended hours so they extended the hours to 11pm on friday and saturday.

15. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

I should have known better, but I bought a couple of pricey pairs of pants just as I was starting a diet and exercise regimen. They went from fitting perfectly to baggy in a month. [​IMG]

16. sho'nuff

I should have known better, but I bought a couple of pricey pairs of pants just as I was starting a diet and exercise regimen. They went from fitting perfectly to baggy in a month. [​IMG]

same with me. i stocked up in a lot of decadent dress pants in 50 eu /34 w, and now they are all billowy.
    i had a couple of 32/48 eu, and they fit if i alter them, but i need 30/46eu for the best fit now.

17. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Well-Known Member

whole apt asked for extended hours so they extended the hours to 11pm on friday and saturday.

friday and saturday? it's not a sports bar. fri and sat night is when my gym is most empty

18. sho'nuff

friday and saturday? it's not a sports bar. fri and sat night is when my gym is most empty

that was also my gripe.... when i go in there on friday nite ( i usually have fri nite all to myself as my wife goes to see her mom) and i work out ...no one is there. everyone is all out. yup.

the thing is, our gym has a lock on the outside door that only residents can unlock with a key, and then you go down the hallway to the gym door which has a password code lock thing. two levels of security so it's not like they need to shut it down/close it for the night.

19. stever

stever Well-Known Member

I have to buy new button downs and I'm disgust at the process. I'm 1mm away from outgrowing my last ToJ. The fucking issue with today's slim clothing is you outgrow it in 10 lbs max. Too bad for my wallet my denim addiction will not tolerate bad jeans. Thank god my feet don't get bigger.

so.... what size are those tojs you just grew out of? [​IMG]

20. db_ggmm

About to grow out of a Small black ox shirt, the XS's have already been sold. Likely done with a ~46 white black varsity and concerned about a ~46 grey lamb moto.