• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
The mailman delivered this today:

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

BTW, Greg and Mark from Plano, thank you!
smile.gif

cheers.gif
thumbs-up.gif
bigstar[1].gif

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some lovely watches in this thread, here's a few of my favourites...

Seiko Premier Automatic (6R20) - now on the rather wonderful OEM bracelet, I like this watch more the longer I own it:

Fotos-0183.jpg

Vintage Omega Geneve (family heirloom):

Fotos-0106.jpg

Seiko's classic SKX007 automatic diver's watch:

Fotos-0172.jpg

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The mailman delivered this today:
http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/46970/2003558725732882719_rs.jpg
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

BTW, Greg and Mark from Plano, thank you!
smile.gif

cheers.gif
Congrats, but we need details. Movement? Age? Case material? Tell us about it.

My guesses are: 30.10 bumper auto movement, vintage 1945-1952. Can't tell if it's a gold or gold filled case, but I'm guessing gold filled. Is it a snap back case? If so it will be easy to get the serial number and check the vintage of the watch here:
http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/omega_serial_numbers.html

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
cheers.gif
Congrats, but we need details. Movement? Age? Case material? Tell us about it.

My guesses are: 30.10 bumper auto movement, vintage 1945-1952. Can't tell if it's a gold or gold filled case, but I'm guessing gold filled. Is it a snap back case? If so it will be easy to get the serial number and check the vintage of the watch here:
http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/omega_serial_numbers.html

Thanks for the link. The official Omega Vintage Watches website doesn't allow a serial no. search. Mine is 12376325, looks like it was indeed made between 1947-1950.

Here are the fruits of my quick research:
- The movement is Caliber no. 332. This and the case size (~37mm) suggests ref. DW 2842. Dial is very similar to the one on Omega site, everything seems like a close match, except...
- Case ref. number is 2398-1H. The only useful search is for keyword "2398", and it turned up ref. OT 2398, which uses Cal. 330/33,10 RA. Made in 1943, same case size though.

I'm thinking it's a DW 2824 with a OT 2398 caseback. Is this possible?

Also, how do I tell if the case is gold or gold-filled?

Edit: Oops, never mind. Case size for ref. OT 2398 is only 35mm. Looks like it's a ref. DW 2824 then. Still don't know what's with the case reference number...

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. The official Omega Vintage Watches website doesn't allow a serial no. search. Mine is 12376325, looks like it was indeed made between 1947-1950.

Here are the fruits of my quick research:
- The movement is Caliber no. 332. This and the case size (~37mm) suggests ref. DW 2842. Dial is very similar to the one on Omega site, everything seems like a close match, except...
- Case ref. number is 2398-1H. The only useful search is for keyword "2398", and it turned up ref. OT 2398, which uses Cal. 330/33,10 RA. Made in 1943, same case size though.

I'm thinking it's a DW 2824 with a OT 2398 caseback. Is this possible?

Also, how do I tell if the case is gold or gold-filled?

OK. Am I good or what? Nailed it almost exactly. I said 1945-1952, it looks like to me that you are looking at around 1950 or so. I said a 30.10 bumper auto movement and the 332 is the 1950 version of that movement. Sometimes I amaze myself.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Your post above has DW 2842 in one spot and DW 2824 in another. If what you actually mean is DW 2482, then I agree with you.
smile.gif

As for the caseback...the Omega website says that this case was used with cal. 332's, so that's good (less chance that you have a Frankenwatch).

As for how to tell the case material, look on the inside of the case back and tell us what markings are there (a picture would be better). It should either say gold filled or have a gold marking...probably either .750 (18k) or .585 (14k). Just give us all of the markings on the inside of the case back.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
x post from the Watches Pt. II thread I made...

So I made the rounds again today. By the time I had left my apartment (I was sure I wanted the Aqua Lung) and then by the time I got to Wempe I was undecided again.
I tried on the GO Senator Chrono, GO SportEvo and Breguet Type XX at Wempe.
I got an initial price and then went to Tourneau because I wanted to see the Blancpain again, of course the prices for the other 3 watches really didn't compete with Wempe.
So I went back, took the SportEvo out of the mix and focused on the two chronos. I really wanted a bracelet so I had them adjust the Breguet to what would fit me...then I mentioned that I would be paying with cash and the guy went back to the calculator and came back and presented me a $ that we both agreed on.
I then was able to leave with a Breguet Type XX Transatlantique.

breguet001.jpg

breguet002.jpg

breguet003.jpg

breguet004.jpg

breguet005.jpg

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
x post from the Watches Pt. II thread I made...

So I made the rounds again today. By the time I had left my apartment (I was sure I wanted the Aqua Lung) and then by the time I got to Wempe I was undecided again.
I tried on the GO Senator Chrono, GO SportEvo and Breguet Type XX at Wempe.
I got an initial price and then went to Tourneau because I wanted to see the Blancpain again, of course the prices for the other 3 watches really didn't compete with Wempe.
So I went back, took the SportEvo out of the mix and focused on the two chronos. I really wanted a bracelet so I had them adjust the Breguet to what would fit me...then I mentioned that I would be paying with cash and the guy went back to the calculator and came back and presented me a $ that we both agreed on.
I then was able to leave with a Breguet Type XX Transatlantique.

breguet001.jpg

breguet002.jpg

breguet003.jpg

breguet004.jpg

breguet005.jpg

The word 'exquisite' springs to mind. Congratulations - I've no doubt you'll enjoy that watch!

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's one nice box!

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something very calming about this pic. I'm usually angry for no reason but this one does it for me.

Originally Posted by Mustapha

DSCF0007.jpg

eighteennine

Reaction score
Terrific watches in this thread
inlove.gif

Here's a little contribution from me, a vintage Stowa

and my Granddad's old Omega GÃ
00a9.png
nève, this one with date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads