• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fantastic GP; loving the moon phase complication! In my recent search for a 2 or 3 hander I've come across the GP 1966 several times, and find myself gazing longingly at the blued hands and arabic numerals of this Minute Repeater:

Strictly speaking I suppose it is more than simply a 2/3 hander. Sadly it is also far beyond my price range!

With all this talk of GPs lately, I thought I'd post up what I'm wearing today:

My phone camera is all I have on me at the moment its mangled lens makes the tan dial look like a sallow mess, so I inverted the colours to salvage the photo.

The 38 mm cushion case sits perfectly on my 200 mm (7 3/4") wrist and it's among the top three in the rotation. I don't get tired of the design and I still haven't spotted any WTF elements to it. I definitely know what you mean about the blued hands and applied rose gold Arabics; it seems to be a GP strength.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i usually get mad about non spoilered pics in quotes, but i love you too hard, and your posts are too good, for me to get mad. you are probably the only person that quotes pics unspoilered and it does not irk me at all.
I usually try just to use 1 pic unspoilered and delete multiples when quoting someone, in an effort to streamline things a bit. Anyway, you are far to kind. Thanks Bro!
cheers.gif

J3ff

Reaction score
Here's my vintage LeCoultre. Yes, a little small for my wrist, but a narrower croc band might help the look.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My issue isn't with seeing the same pics 12 times, though I don't particularly care for that, my issue is viewing on mobile while it's struggling to load the page because no one uses spoilers. And it's hardly just one poster, as that wouldn't cause as much of an issue. I suppose the solution for me is to just not visit the thread when on mobile away from a decent wifi connection.

NOOOOO! VISIT ALWAYS!!!!!

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Well, you're always just a PM away. Are there any fun boutiques or AD's down your way, Stitch? I've visited Frills twice now, I'm planning a trip to New Orleans and will likely be seeing Nuke when I'm down there, so I'm probably due to a trip to your neck of the woods.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

Here's my vintage LeCoultre. Yes, a little small for my wrist, but a narrower croc band might help the look.
Looks great! Agreed maybe a touch small, but it probably wears very well with a suited/dress shirt look. Pics like this one always make me think really hard about going the vintage route vs. purchasing a modern dress watch. As long as it's a decent size with a clean, well-regulated movement, there's so much to love.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, you're always just a PM away. Are there any fun boutiques or AD's down your way, Stitch? I've visited Frills twice now, I'm planning a trip to New Orleans and will likely be seeing Nuke when I'm down there, so I'm probably due to a trip to your neck of the woods.

indeed!

there are a few. regular stores, but some very nice selection. obviously they dont carry as much uber high end as what you see in nyc, but there is fun to be had. looking forward to your visit!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Are there any fun boutiques or AD's down your way, Stitch?

Go to Stitchy's fun, unauthorised boutique and take pics!

Looks great! Agreed maybe a touch small, but it probably wears very well with a suited/dress shirt look.

My small watch works fine for me. I'd just say don't be shy with the strap: I find that actually one that doesn't taper too much makes the whole thing look more substantial on the wrist. And that gold is longing to be set off against something. I'm thinking...navy cordovan. But then again, I'm a pervert.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Go to Stitchy's fun, unauthorised boutique and take pics!

lol. we move our stuff pretty quick, so there is not usually much to see, but would be cool to have DL see my place of bidness.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, i dont move quickly, just our watches.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
You're a ginger ninja. No fooling us.

Also, here is a blurry picture of a watch from someone's wrist last night:

robw

Reaction score

If you truly want a 2 or 3 hander from a top tier brand, then hold out for it.  It will be well worth it!  But yes, temptation is all around and can make it tough to get to our goal without distractions.  

The GP Traveler is very nice, but I have to go with RNguy, even though its a common design feature the short hands bother me a bit, be it on a GP or the Patek.  As you currently have the dual time, I realize its not a world time watch, but still it will do the job...I would avoid the GP and other distractions and focus on a 2 or 3 hand top tier brand as that seems to be something your don't currently have.  

For me, I just don't know what direction I want to move in for my next piece.  I have a few top tier dress watches, I have an AP RO luxury sport watch, and I have sportier watches such as Daytonas, Ex 2, and Sub.  So for me its not really a matter of filling in a gap in my collection.   I hope to do some window shopping very soon which could inspire me.

Dino- Far be it from me to an enabler, but some complications are where I would go with your collection.

I took a break from buying for quite a while, and then recently picked up a a couple of complicated watches. I definitely want to get more, if things like the budget allow.

Regards

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, maybe sometimes i move quickly lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads