• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Think so...

Have a look here: http://www.omega-addict.com/reviews/hands/
I uses to collect Speedys, and yours looks to me like a new style hand, not what is typical of the pre-moon models (look at the butt-end of the chronograph seconds hand). The hand on yours looks like the kind that went into service with the cal. 861, not the earlier castle-wheel 321s.
In any case, it is a great watch.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know this was answered above, but here's all you need to know, by SF's own Gazman :)

thanks. that is some awesome info.

based on that, i think the strap on my panny is nubuck, but no idea what hide. i was wondering how it had that soft almost fuzzy feel. i love it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Noo stitchy!! Don't tell me you like that pepsi rolex? I hate that one... No class at all..
Sorry guys I know few of you have it here, personal taste!

sorry buddy, like many of the others, i like it. :)

If you do get one, make sure you get the Super Jubilee Bracelet as well.

yeah, im usually an oyster bracelet fan, but on this watch, i like the jubilee better. i think i noted that when i first saw you post this pic.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have a look here: http://www.omega-addict.com/reviews/hands/
I uses to collect Speedys, and yours looks to me like a new style hand, not what is typical of the pre-moon models (look at the butt-end of the chronograph seconds hand). The hand on yours looks like the kind that went into service with the cal. 861, not the earlier castle-wheel 321s.
In any case, it is a great watch.

Any recs where I can score a transitional Omega 1969 Speedmaster with the 861 movement but the vintage styling?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry buddy, like many of the others, i like it.
smile.gif

yeah, im usually an oyster bracelet fan, but on this watch, i like the jubilee better. i think i noted that when i first saw you post this pic.
Sorry Stitches, I guess I forgot.

Besides I just couldn't help myself from posting another picture.

I like the Pepsi, and find it to be classic Rolex.

A little color every once in awhile is good thing in my book.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was not a complaint in the least. always nice to see that pic again. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my plesh.

stay well. :)

kngspook

Reaction score
Also, since I've never bought vintage/pre-owned, where do you start looking for those? Is it all local ADs, etc? I know Tourneau does their little pre-owned thing, but I didn't get the feeling that they really discounted much...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rnguy001 - great watch

How much does a pre-owned Pepsi GMT run, more or less? Are they really hard to find?

Also, since I've never bought vintage/pre-owned, where do you start looking for those? Is it all local ADs, etc? I know Tourneau does their little pre-owned thing, but I didn't get the feeling that they really discounted much...

depends on year and condition, can be found on ebay 4k on the low side, and up. but obviously there is no recourse for issues. i dont think they are terribly hard to find. if you are looking used, try ebay, watch forums classifieds, and non ADs that sell used rolex, most ADs do not, asfaik.

good luck!

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had good results with rolexforums classifieds and Vintage Rolex Market.

If you're patient you can get a 1675 head only for just under $4K. This would likely be with service dial and hands, which I personally prefer as they replicate the original matte dial but with glowing lumi nova instead of decayed tritium. Prices go up based on original parts and condition.

I'm looking casually for a piece like that myself. I recently kopd a 1680 in similar condition. You get the best of both worlds - classic looks and up to date functionality. IMHO head only is often the best deal as Rolex bracelets from before the current range aren't that great.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a watch that has been somewhat of a "grail" watch for me.

It''s a Revue Thommen "Airspeed Altimeter" watch, made in the late 1990's. This watch is one of only two mechanical watches I know of that have an altimeter built into the watch. (The other one is the 1960's vintage Favre Leuba "Bivouac")

It has a hand winding Peseux 7001 movement, and a 30m water resistant titanium case.

These altimeter watches have interested me in part because of my interest in mountaineering. When I first began climbing mountains, Revue Thommen made the standard hand held altimeters used by mountaineers. These mechanical altimeters were fascinating with their jeweled movements and analog dials. These altimeter watches function on the same principles and serve the same function as the classic mountaineer's altimeter I remember fondly from my early climbing days.

I've been looking for either this watch or the Favre Leuba for quite some time now. There weren't many made or either model, and it's been difficult to find one in good condition. Finally, I found a new in box example of the Revue, and snapped it up.

I have not yet received it (It's coming from Europe) but I am pretty excited to finally add a mechanical altimeter watch to my collection. Will take some wrist shots and give my impressions on its functionality when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads