• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kali77
Received a few straps today so thought I would post some photos for fun. Dial up beware
smile.gif
I am also hoping to get my hands on one of a few Ball watches I have been looking at, in the next couple of weeks
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I like the new Laco x Rios strap combo, not as 'stealthy' as the classic black on black aviator look, but a good look nonetheless.

Do post pics when you get the Night Train. BTW, does that mean you're not getting the 80th anni. MO?

Originally Posted by warlok1965
1964 pie pan Omega Constellation. I just picked it up a few days ago and it seems pretty happy on my wrist so far. I know vintage isn't exciting to everyone here, but I honestly enjoy the patina on the original dial, as well as the fact that someone was living life and doing who-knows-what with this on his wrist before my parents even met.

Great watch.
drool.gif
Have you tried it on a medium brown strap w/ yellow stitching?

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Great watch.
drool.gif
Have you tried it on a medium brown strap w/ yellow stitching?

Thanks! It's still wearing the same so-so strap it came with. I was thinking of getting maybe something in croc leather, but a plain calf with yellow stitching would be kind of cool/unexpected on an older watch like this.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Titus 18K 17jewels certified chronometer. "non magnetic" ca 1950's (from grandfather) one of several
biggrin.gif
0212074sq0.jpg
0212075ab1.jpg
Restored recently for 500$, more out of effecional value than anny thing.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
I like the new Laco x Rios strap combo, not as 'stealthy' as the classic black on black aviator look, but a good look nonetheless. Do post pics when you get the Night Train. BTW, does that mean you're not getting the 80th anni. MO?
Thanks. I am going to pick up a similar strap in black as well
smile.gif
I think the Stowa is out right now, and the Night Train not at the top of the list. Here is the current list I have come up with in this order most likely Ball Fireman Ionosphere Chronograph- black dial Ball Engineer Master II Moonphase- white dial Sinn U1 Ocean 7 LM-2 Ball Night Train Stowa Airman No Label Sinn 903 ST Silver Dial I think it will be a year endeavor with a hold on any major clothing purchases.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT , found a press on TZ but no info on the brand site. Realy like the watch. So if somebody has anny intel ...

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Have you seen the Ball Engineer Master II Diver TMT , found a press on TZ but no info on the brand site. Realy like the watch. So if somebody has anny intel ...
I have not see this model in person yet. No sure what info you are looking for, but there is info on the net( mostly on the LE model) http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=2704596&rid=0 http://www.worldlux.com/cgi-bin/navi...+LE&dept=WATCH http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu7b_R1...IIDiverTMT.doc 3rd link is a Word file There is a lot more if you do a search, or you could try calling Topper's fine jewelry or another AD dealer.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Dumb question - why do they call this a pie pan dial?
Because the 3-D shape of the dial looks like an upside-down pie pan, unlike typically flat 2-D dials

LINN5844.jpg

sammy

Reaction score
What's the general consensus on Glashutte Original watches? How do they compare to to other brands like IWC, and A. Lange & Sohne? I really like the look of the Senator Karree Automatic:

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I love love love love Glashutte Orginal (not a fan of the Karee line though).

AL&S: GO is a bit more "obtainable" by having steel cases. I would liken then in design and movement finishing.

IWC: Aside from some Port. models most of the GO watches are a bit more "refined" and finished in dial and movement than a "hardier" (Aquatimer, Pilot, Ingeniur, Spitfire) brand like IWC. But, in some cases more "obtainable" than GO whose lowest MSRP that I can think of is $5,800.

sammy

Reaction score
Thanks SoCal2NYC. Which GO model would you suggest for a versatile everyday watch? I'm not a fan of obscenely oversized watches that are so popular today. I have a small wrist and prefer something less than 40mm in diameter that is refined and understated.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Well I own the PanoReserve and it is by far my favorite. After that I really like the Senator 60s for a dressy watch and the SportEVo for a sports watch.
But, maybe the Senator Chrono in a grey dial with a brown croc strap would work for both work and play? Priced at $6,800 MSRP you could grey market it or TimeZone.com Sales Corner for probably $3,000-$4,000.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My suggestion: PanoMaticLunar in steel. Very versatile and a pretty complication

today4.jpg

31_Glashutte_Original_PanoMaticLunar_01.jpg

31_Glashutte_Original_PanoMaticLunar_07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics