• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

cats33cats

Reaction score
I'll also add that my 556 has been running well within COSC specs since I got it, gaining an average of 2 seconds/day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

is it a chopard watch or just a chopard movement? your post was unclear.

It's a ladies' GRAFF watch made by Chopard - actually I'm allergic to stainless steel, the Technomarine was my 40th birthday present from my parents from Selfridges, but it gives me a rash up my arm, so my new solid gold (Quartz) watch will become my everyday watch.

It's not a patch on my old mechanical platinum Blancpain, which I bought new nearly 20 years ago and was watch heaven, but very unreliable, was always being serviced and in the end when I was taken financial advantage of by a former boyfriend, I paid him off with it to get out of my life.
I still miss it, but it wasn't practical as an everyday watch..

If I were a man my dream watch would be the 1735 by Blancpain...I hope I find another Villeret in platinum one day but they don't make them any more..mine was firstly no,10, then replaced by no.4 when the mechanism was faulty.

At least my new watch just needs a battery!:)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yay

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Glad you approve!!

If I ever come across another ladies' used platinum Villeret (mechanical or automatic) I'll snap it up, but they made so few it's unlikely.

The GRAFF watch will be lived in now all of the time, and I'll use a top strap maker for future replacement straps...

Can't wait to get it - my birthday is April 19th, so it's my birthday present to myself!:)

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reverso today paired with a casual twill shirt.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Cleav: great tie, too!

Keith: made me chuckle. thank you.

Hirs: congrats, look forward to the pics :)

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

183 with a suit this evening

I like the watch and shirt/tie combination separately, but not necessarily together. I'm still not sold on the 183 as a "suit watch"; I think the 42mm 337 or 42mm 512 (Radiomir 1950) may be a better pairing. IMHO that 183 just looks a little bit too large for my liking (with a suit).

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I said that on the original post elsewhere. I would ordinarily wear another watch Also doesn't suit everyones demographic though hey! :rotflmao:

Some wear watches with gear I wouldn't wear too, leave em to it I say. happy days

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I said that on the original post elsewhere. I would ordinarily wear another watch Also doesn't suit everyones demographic though hey! :rotflmao:

Some wear watches with gear I wouldn't wear too, leave em to it I say. happy days

Didn't mean to be overly critical. I think that combo can work (as I've seen others pull it off), but it's so hard to tell from a photo rather than seeing the combo in person. I'm also probably a bit biased because I'm a smaller wristed person (6.75"), and find it difficult to wear anything larger than ~40mm; e.g. my 42mm Omega PO occasionally feels too big for me.

Last edited:

Dachshund

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

This is my first post to this thread, but I have been enjoying it passively for a while.

Here is my modest offering for today.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a ladies' GRAFF watch made by Chopard - actually I'm allergic to stainless steel, the Technomarine was my 40th birthday present from my parents from Selfridges, but it gives me a rash up my arm, so my new solid gold (Quartz) watch will become my everyday watch.

It's not a patch on my old mechanical platinum Blancpain, which I bought new nearly 20 years ago and was watch heaven, but very unreliable, was always being serviced and in the end when I was taken financial advantage of by a former boyfriend, I paid him off with it to get out of my life.
I still miss it, but it wasn't practical as an everyday watch..

If I were a man my dream watch would be the 1735 by Blancpain...I hope I find another Villeret in platinum one day but they don't make them any more..mine was firstly no,10, then replaced by no.4 when the mechanism was faulty.

At least my new watch just needs a battery!
smile.gif
Thanks for the details on your new watch and of course an early Happy Birthday and congrats on your watch. Hopefully, it will give you many years of reliable service. While quartz movements aren't very popular around here, I do find that when I'm in a hurry and I want to switch watches without having to wind the watch and set the time, my Oysterquartz comes in very handy.

Years ago I wanted my wife to consider an automatic Blancpain, but none of the models they were offering really called out to her. They make a very high quality product, but I've just never wanted one for myself. I like their 50 Fathoms models, but every time I've tried them on I find that for what they cost there are watches from other brands that I would prefer to own.

Anyway, wishing you a very Happy Birthday and good luck with the new watch.

Reverso today paired with a casual twill shirt.

Very nice. JLC makes some beautiful watches, but my favorite models are the Reversos.

Cleav: great tie, too!
+1

Gentlemen,

This is my first post to this thread, but I have been enjoying it passively for a while.

Here is my modest offering for today.

Welcome. Very nice first post to this thread! Love the Reversos
inlove.gif
It's looking like a Reverso day around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics