1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Regarding Camille Fournet straps, in my experience they came even quicker than Foo stated. I have ordered two so far, and they came shockingly fast--under two weeks perhaps?

They are really, really great quality. From me, they could not come higher recommended.

They may not have as many customization options as ABP. But in my most humble opinion, sometimes more customization options is not really a good thing... Just because you can, doesn't mean you should :)

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Thanks for sharing Newcomer, are you in the US by any chance and the straps still arrived that quick? Thinking about it, kind of curious how customs deals with the exotic skin used? Any experience or problems with customs?

Oh and wore this today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  3. wurger

wurger Senior member

JLC ultra thin moon

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  4. wurger

wurger Senior member

Update on this. We opened up the watch case to find out the movement number, to our surprise, the movement number is different to the ones on the service papers, the case number is of course the same. The case number and the movement now matches up, confirming my watch maker's original assessment about the authenticity of VC.

"Following your request, we would like to advise, according to our record, the Vacheron Constantin timepiece with case no. 819976 and movement no. 988154 is our model 49150/B01A-9095. Model 49150/B01A-9095 has the following features:
    - Movement: Automatic
    - Material of the case: Stainless steel
    - Dial: silvered guilloche
    - Material of bracelet: Stainless steel"

The original seller is a grey market seller. I am not sure if they stamped the wrong codes on the service papers or it is made up.

"Following your request, our experts from Vacheron Constantin Customer Service department in Europe carefully analyzed the information received about your timepiece. They regretfully informed us that “Feni Gioielli s.r.l. - Via D.Acclavio, 38-38b - 74100 – Taranto” is not our official customer service center."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Arska

Arska Member

I think it's best to send them e-mail and ask. However, you can order it in 21 mm and when placing your order you can send them a comment and ask them to make it 20.5 mm wide.

6. sd2002

sd2002 Senior member

Wore this to work today
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. apropos

apropos Senior member

Ouch, sorry to hear this.

And this people - is why sometimes you should go retail.

8. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

What are the consequences of this?

9. apropos

apropos Senior member

Well he has a watch with no papers, or good as no papers, which means that whatever premium he paid for papers is down the drain. It also means that whatever grey market warranty the watch comes with is void as the case/movement numbers no longer match. That "full service" by an unauthorised service centre - hmmm for me reflux inducing.

And finally, I cannot fathom how stressing about the possibility that your 4/5 figure watch is franken can be a pleasant experience!

While 2nd hand and grey may save you money, retail = peace of mind. Well, most of the time anyway.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  10. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

So it will (obviously) influence resale value and authorised service centers won't touch it (?) and had there been any time left on the warranty AP wouldn't honour that?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  11. Tried and True

Tried and True Senior member

I don't see why not. They work on lots of vintage pieces that have no papers.

1 person likes this.
  12. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Did I read this completely wrong? I thought he said that VC confirmed the movement and case are a match and that the watch is legit? Maybe the previous service records were erroneous or forged, but a current full service by VC should bring the wach into good standing, no?

3 people like this.
  13. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

That's what I got out of it...

3 people like this.
  14. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Damn you both.

1 person likes this.
  15. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

God I love this watch. By far my favorite GMT.

16. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Head's up to anyone who cares: Panerai tells me there is no Q-series 372 scheduled for production, so the current P-series may be it for the run.

17. Tried and True

Tried and True Senior member

That's got to be one of the best low light readers out there. Very impressive.

1 person likes this.
  18. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I would have thought that as long as the watch is legit, they will service it. Just they won't honor anything that would have been covered by warranty, if there is a problem during the warranty period.

2 people like this.
  19. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Any ideas for a strap for my ND SubC? Not that I'm growing tired of the watch but I wouldn't mind switching things up. Is my only real option a Nato?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.