• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Added to snipe list at < $20K.

Bartolo

Reaction score
I can’t shake the desire for a 5-digit GMT. I love my blnr and have no plans to part with it, but the 16710s are just soooo different - enough so that I don’t think acquiring one would be too redundant with my Batman/girl.

Talk some sense into me before I press purchase!!!
My wife has a very nice 16710 with a bright aluminum bezel. The bracelet is sized for her so unfortunately I cant wear it :(.

Attachments

• 2 Pepsis.jpg
    2 Pepsis.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 60

Bartolo

Reaction score
If you buy a 5 digit GMT you'll quickly realize that it's better than your 6 digit GMT, leading to you selling your 6 digit GMT and having to worry about using your newfound liquidity to buy yet another watch. Not recommended.
Cannot disagree. There is SO MUCH I like about the aluminum bezels and smaller cases.

Same with the subs; I have a Kermit from 2006 and vastly prefer it to the ceramic-bezel ones.

Kevin24

Reaction score
Just curious, does anyone have any experience with the Tudor 1926?

Perhaps the wrong thread for this”… but my most attainable way to a luxury watch.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys one more question for you knowledgeable vintage buyers: I’ve only previously purchased pre owned watches with full sets. I’m currently looking at a Rolex watch that comes with “service” papers (card). Can I expect that this, at the least, means that Rolex has serviced the watch and thus validated its authenticity?
Service papers can probably be faked. Always buy the seller. Personally, and I know we all feel differently about it, but I'd only buy pre-owned Rolex professional model that is a full set. You'll pay a bit more for it, but if you ever decide to sell it, it's easier to sell and always worth more. I think more frequently than papers or boxes being faked (provided you buy from a reputable place), is that they have the wrong box and claim its a full sell. I've seen Rolex watches from the 80's and 90's being sold with boxes that didn't exist until the early 2000s. However, you can always consult with others collectors who know these watches and what they should have come with when new. They can tell you if its the right box for the watch.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear: I had a 5-digit sub along with my 6-digit GMT and love both. However, I parted with my 5-digit sub because I started to feel wary about doing fairly hardcore beach/water sports with the watch (enter Doxa). Now I miss the 5-digit feeling and vibe (more utilitarian) and feel like a 5-digit GMT doesn't lose it's utility as a "tool watch" for travel, in the same the way the older Subs do in relation to diving. Right?

Having said that - again - I still love 6-digit GMTs (while having zero interest in new Subs). If I ever traded the blnr, it would be to make room for another 6-digit (the full rg rootbeer - but I wouldn't do that unless I acquire a 5-digit ss version).

But good try, symph! I like where your head is at...
You can definitely own both and enjoy them without it being redundant. They look different, feel different, and wear differently. I own some 5 and 6 digit Rolex professional models. I enjoy all of them and the one I wear just depends on my mood, and a bit on my outfit.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Service papers can probably be faked. Always buy the seller. Personally, and I know we all feel differently about it, but I'd only buy pre-owned Rolex professional model that is a full set. You'll pay a bit more for it, but if you ever decide to sell it, it's easier to sell and always worth more. I think more frequently than papers or boxes being faked (provided you buy from a reputable place), is that they have the wrong box and claim its a full sell. I've seen Rolex watches from the 80's and 90's being sold with boxes that didn't exist until the early 2000s. However, you can always consult with others collectors who know these watches and what they should have come with when new. They can tell you if its the right box for the watch.
agreed and full set acquired...

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone owned or have any experience with Glashutte Original Panomatic Lunar? Becoming very interested in this piece, or one like it. No ADS/boutiques near me where I can try one on, but might be traveling soon to a city that has one.

va230815

Reaction score
Anyone owned or have any experience with Glashutte Original Panomatic Lunar? Becoming very interested in this piece, or one like it. No ADS/boutiques near me where I can try one on, but might be traveling soon to a city that has one.
I think they're really nice for the price point. Very clean watches. Just has the stigma of being a "wannabe lange" as it's biggest downside.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. I had one with a grey dial at the same time as a Lange 1.

They aren’t as well finished and are a chunk thicker due to being automatic but I wore mine more than the Lange because the moonphase complication was really well done and the date window was much much better executed than Lange.

The finishing isn’t a huge deal as the watch is a lot less and neither watch is openworked anyways.

The watch actually totally ruined the Lange 1 for me because it made me realize how fugly the date window is on that watch 😂

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads