• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dench127

Reaction score
Some S/S items coming online this week.

I didn’t buy the tweed artist chore from the winter collection but am considering this linen jacket.

I have been looking for a Forestiere replica for a while, but I feel like this doesn't hit for me. the chest pocket isn't slanted and there is no tab on the collar. I'm also not sure if the original had flapped pockets.

Price is actually ok tho!

amin

Reaction score
I am looking to get a chore jacket very soon and I have decided to go for the navy but I can’t decide between the heavy twill or canvas. Can someone give their opinions on both? Thanks!

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score
I am looking to get a chore jacket very soon and I have decided to go for the navy but I can’t decide between the heavy twill or canvas. Can someone give their opinions on both? Thanks!

Much has been written about this previously. I think if you read back you’ll find that people tend to feel the heavy twill is more versatile and like the fact that the material is softer from the beginning. I personally prefer the canvas because of the slightly stiffer hand and because of the way it wears and patinas with time, but I think I’m in the minority. PS I have the canvas in a few colors and the heavy twill in French blue as well as a much earlier version of it (c. 2018, I think) in navy, cut from a slightly different twill with a tighter weave.

For what it’s worth, I would agree that the heavy twill is the most versatile and probably the best all-around choice.

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score
I feel like I’m maybe one of the few who was satisfied with his Archive Sale purchases. I picked up the navy shawl collar sweater, the lone chambray shirt that was on offer (I agree they run smaller now than they used to but only about half a size), and also splurged on the navy flannel suit once it was discounted to 40% off. I was worried the suit might be noticeably flawed since it was simultaneously for sale at full price on the main site but it looks great and I can find no defect with it. Happy to finally have some Drake’s winter-weight suiting!

Mood Indigo

Reaction score

I definitely prefer heavy cotton. I find that it is softer and that it falls better.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Not what you had asked for, but… For a navy chore coat, I’d also consider the wool or linen version. Both are imho worth the extra price versus the canvas and twill. The regular wool is my favourite because it is so versatile: from being worn as a semi formal navy jacket/blazer, as outerwear in spring and autumn, to something you can take along with you for chilly nights in summer time.

Rolf

Reaction score
This long coverall has been my go lately. Not all outerwear I have that works with this chunky shawl.

IMG_6429.jpeg

wisconsincalifornia

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a pair of Drake's Canal penny loafers in brown suede, and I wanted to inquire about recommendations for how to navigate the resoling process at the end of the crepe soles' life — I wear them quite a bit since they are just about the perfect shoe for college wear.

I love my loafers so much that I was considering buying a pair of Drake's 'Chard' Moc-Toe derbies in brown suede. My loafers are size 7.5UK, and at the beginning they felt rather stiff at the heel, but now they are the perfect fit for me — very comfortable once broken-in. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what size I should get in the 'Chard' derbies?

Thank you for all your help.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
Hey guys. Are drakes ocbd worth tailoring if the fit isn’t quite right? Are they that good? Or am I better off looking elsewhere. If so any recommendations?

I ask because I’m short and stocky. Which would force me to size up but deal with the long arms and length.

I’m about 5 foot 7 inches. 180 lbs. I wear a 38 in the drakes chore (have to cuff the sleeves) and medium in most brands. But always deal with length as an issue.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Are drakes ocbd worth tailoring if the fit isn’t quite right? Are they that good? Or am I better off looking elsewhere. If so any recommendations?

I ask because I’m short and stocky. Which would force me to size up but deal with the long arms and length.

I’m about 5 foot 7 inches. 180 lbs. I wear a 38 in the drakes chore (have to cuff the sleeves) and medium in most brands. But always deal with length as an issue.
If it’s just a sleeve adjustment and you are tucking the shirt, I’d say do it.

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score

I find that the drake's OCBD sleeves are fairly long, but the cuff is quite narrow so I actually like the way the sleeves fit and how the cuffs sit on my hand. It's more of a traditional dress shirt fit, with a longer body meant to be tucked, a generous collar, and long sleeves (rather than the type of fit you might see on casual shirts at GAP/Uniqlo/etc). I am around 5'7" 155 pounds for comparison. Do note that the body is on the trim side for these shirts.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys! Think I might pull the trigger when the right deal comes along.

Also wondering, are these selvedge?

nachobarro

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what are we getting for this Spring/Summer season.

I would love to see the return of the Mk. II Games Blazer and different fabrics (Ripstop, herringbone, twill, etc) for the Mk. I and Mk II. There isn't much games blazer right now. Other jackets like the Jungle Jacket or the Rain raglan coat would be very much welcomed instead of releasing more Chore coats in a handful of colours (Which I love, but I'd rather get something different this time).

Also, more rugby shirts and camp collar shirts in some archival graphics would be great.

What is your wishlist for the upcoming months?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradrexro