• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
What is your wishlist for the upcoming months?
For the first time in ages, I feel I have pretty much everything I want from a non-business wardrobe. So, hopefully, Drake’s won’t be coming out with great stuff lol… :)

Then again, I would probably still jump on a linen field jacket, as pictured below.

cedarlake23

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what are we getting for this Spring/Summer season.

I would love to see the return of the Mk. II Games Blazer and different fabrics (Ripstop, herringbone, twill, etc) for the Mk. I and Mk II. There isn't much games blazer right now. Other jackets like the Jungle Jacket or the Rain raglan coat would be very much welcomed instead of releasing more Chore coats in a handful of colours (Which I love, but I'd rather get something different this time).

Also, more rugby shirts and camp collar shirts in some archival graphics would be great.

What is your wishlist for the upcoming months?
I would be stoked for a linen overshirt. I recall someone saying they do them MTO now but I imagine that's pretty expensive.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be stoked for a linen overshirt. I recall someone saying they do them MTO now but I imagine that's pretty expensive.
I’ve got the washed linen overshirt from a few years ago, and it is indeed a very nice piece. It gets a lot of wear spring-fall.

I think for MTO you just pay the full price of the piece (no discounts, but no up charge either)

Having said all of that, the Drakes overshirt is a great piece in general, and I agree with you, it should stay in the seasonal lineups.

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys! Think I might pull the trigger when the right deal comes along.

Also wondering, are these selvedge?

Hi, sorry there are not selvedge but we have other trousers from Drake’s which are.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Hi. Are there any good drakes stockists in Milan? Particularly interested in games blazers.

cedarlake23

Reaction score
I’ve got the washed linen overshirt from a few years ago, and it is indeed a very nice piece. It gets a lot of wear spring-fall.

I think for MTO you just pay the full price of the piece (no discounts, but no up charge either)

Having said all of that, the Drakes overshirt is a great piece in general, and I agree with you, it should stay in the seasonal lineups.
Good to know. Thanks!

htinlinn

Reaction score
I am also hoping that they bring back the safari style linen overshirt. I actually set up an eBay search for it just yesterday.

Additionally, I am curious to see the Games blazer line up for the season. Pure linen or linen blends that could be worn deeper into the summer.

Also looking for a chambray work shirt which they currently don’t offer. And other short sleeve shirt options...

Wim

Reaction score
I want the green linen chore in @woO's photo - but I have to watch my closet space.

Reactions: woO

trg12

Reaction score
I am also hoping that they bring back the safari style linen overshirt. I actually set up an eBay search for it just yesterday.

Additionally, I am curious to see the Games blazer line up for the season. Pure linen or linen blends that could be worn deeper into the summer.

Also looking for a chambray work shirt which they currently don’t offer. And other short sleeve shirt options...

There’s one of the old cotton-cashmere ones in 44 on eBay ending in 45 mins:

I have a pair of trousers in that fabric and like it a lot.

flowen

Reaction score
Hey all. I just snagged this pair of canvas games trousers from Nordstrom on deep discount. The color is marked "Tobacco".

While I'm plenty happy with my new pair of pants, I'd love to find a matching blazer.

So far, I've only been able to find this Games Mk. II, which is marked as "Brown", although they look pretty close in color.

The only jacket I've found that is canvas and marked "Tobacco" for color is this chore coat.

Anyone have any idea where I might find a matching blazer for these?

Thanks!

htinlinn

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea where I might find a matching blazer for these?
I think the blazer that you linked is from the same set (from last year I believe). Different retailers tend to give different names to the same SKU.

flowen

Reaction score
I think the blazer that you linked is from the same set (from last year I believe). Different retailers tend to give different names to the same SKU.
Thanks for the info. Wish it wasn't full retail....
Any tips on where else I might look to find one? (preferably not full retail) Google is only turning up so much.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
This e-store out of San Diego has a linen chore on sale. Other Drake's items as well if you scroll his site and sort by "Brands".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics