• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LiamMcM

Reaction score
Do you have one that is flaring at the bottom?
Yeah. It’s definitely big overall, but I’m okay with that so long as the bottom relaxes a bit. Right now mine protrudes at the front at an almost triangular degree. Just a feature of the boxy cut of the torso leaving a wide hem.

LiamMcM

Reaction score
Does anyone on here have one of the Rocky Mountain Featherbed Christy jackets or vests from Drake's? I kinda like the navy tweed one but the prices are eye-watering. I haven't had a down jacket in about 1,000 years and am wondering if they're worth the splurge, and how they look when not in a lookbook!
I snagged a nylon jacket on sale years ago and it’s certainly nice, but I wouldn’t pay retail for it. The tweed changes the equation a bit, but still… In terms of sizing, I’d size up. I’m a 46 and the 48 fits me well.

Last edited:

espen

Reaction score
@justinpledger Owner of two RMFB vests, here's a fit pic. I doubt they changed their pattern for Drake's. Recommend sizing up 2.

IMG_4577.jpg

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have one of the Rocky Mountain Featherbed Christy jackets or vests from Drake's? I kinda like the navy tweed one but the prices are eye-watering. I haven't had a down jacket in about 1,000 years and am wondering if they're worth the splurge, and how they look when not in a lookbook!
I don't own Drake's or the RMFB down items but regarding down, I only wear down jackets in winter. I wear a Lululemon gilet and I Uniqlo long puffa but not like Michelin man puffs. Uniqlo are very well priced and very warm I wear mine in -5c and feels okey

alfredt

Reaction score
I found this jacket for sale online in my size and for a very reasonable price. Does anybody know anything about it? I’ve never seen it and wasn’t able to find it on Drake’s Instagram account going back the last five years.

IMG_4192.jpeg

wahnamhong

Reaction score
This article below may be of interest. I have a Christy by Fransboonestore and like it a lot, though do not wear it often. I’m not a big fan of the tweed Drake’s ones as I prefer the original nylon ones. Imho a bodywarmer should be a casual garment. Drake’s I’d wear 42 usually and my Christy is a size 44.

trg12

Reaction score
It's available as a pre-owned item. I was looking for a chore coat and this might suffice.

I think many wear them casual like chore coats. They do have a noticeable slight blazer vibe though in my experience

htinlinn

Reaction score
I don’t own one but, tried one on recently. I would second the advice regarding sizing up. Up one if you only plan to wear over a thin layer like a shirt or a sweater. Up two over a jacket or anything thicker.

L1070886.jpeg

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_20231122_064454_629.jpg

I just bought an RMFB nylon down vest in Japan from their store and had to size up by two. Works well over the Drake's liner jacket.

I got to meet the designer and talk to him. He said that Michael Hill was there a few weeks ago to discuss FW24.
IMG_20231114_072258_294.jpg

All Drake's (except shoes) on the left. All RMFB on the right. That's the designer.

Last edited:

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
I don’t own one but, tried one on recently. I would second the advice regarding sizing up. Up one if you only plan to wear over a thin layer like a shirt or a sweater. Up two over a jacket or anything thicker.

View attachment 2086437

I second this. Size up one if you want to layer over a sweater or shirt. Size up two (or three even) if you want to wear them over tailoring as seen in Drake's look books.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solarpanel3000