• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Drake's jeans? I have not held their jeans since they moved production to Portugal. Going back and forth between Berg & Berg, Anglo Italian and Drake's as they all seem to offer highish rise. Just need something that's versatile to go with tailored and casual wear

The Drake jeans (MIP) have a roomy top block(good for those of us with larger thighs) and a slightly tapered leg. I wish they came in slightly slimmer as I got mine taken on the thigh and leg. A high mid rise if that make sense, but I don’t think these are high rise. Waist is tts in my experience. (Or better yet a 30 measures a 31, and so on)

Last edited:

single origin

Reaction score
It really depends which wash are you interested in, but I will say go check Natalino or Rubato, both have denim Made in Japan.
Natalino is OOS for washed options, but the cut looks very similar to Berg and Berg. I have a pair from Anglo Italian that I like, just wish that the rise was a little higher.

trg12

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Drake's jeans? I have not held their jeans since they moved production to Portugal. Going back and forth between Berg & Berg, Anglo Italian and Drake's as they all seem to offer highish rise. Just need something that's versatile to go with tailored and casual wear

I have the made in England unwashed version and an off-white made in Portugal version. The MIE-pair has notably nicer details and the cut is slightly slimmer in the thighs. The MIP-pair is nice too, but rather a $150ish kind of nice than a $250ish kind of nice if that makes sense.

The MIE versions do pop up here and on resell platforms though.

jeremygo

Reaction score
I was between Drake's and orSlow 105s for a recent purchase and ended up going with the orSlows. The quality/fit just felt a bit better to me.

single origin

Reaction score
I was between Drake's and orSlow 105s for a recent purchase and ended up going with the orSlows. The quality/fit just felt a bit better to me.
Oh that's good to know! I actually have a pair of orslow 107, like everything about the denim just wish there was more room in top block

jeremygo

Reaction score
Oh that's good to know! I actually have a pair of orslow 107, like everything about the denim just wish there was more room in top block
Ah gotcha, yeah the Drake's model is a bit roomier up there I'd say. The orslow fit me a bit better, but may be different on your end.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natalino is OOS for washed options, but the cut looks very similar to Berg and Berg. I have a pair from Anglo Italian that I like, just wish that the rise was a little higher.
Can you specify what do you mean with Natalino fit is closer to Berg and Berg?
When I was buying new denim in light wash few months ago and I was deciding between Natalino, B&B, Drake's, Rubato, Anglo-Italian and OrSlow.

From measurements in the size I need Natalino, B&B, Drake's, Rubato, Anglo-Italian were all very similar. Biggest difference is in the rise - 32cm in Natalino and B&B, 31,2cm in Drakes and 28cm Anglo-Italian. All other measurements are very similar or in 1cm difference. That 1cm can make a difference in the fit tho. Drake's have bigger leg opening than Natalino which is very similar to Anglo-Italian.

At the end I went with Natalino only because it was Made in Japan. And I couldn't be happier with the fit. I have very strong thighs compared to my waist and they fit really great. My second choice was Anglo-Italian until I realised that rise is not high enough for my liking so if Natalino wouldn't fit I would probably try B&B next. Honestly Drake's was my last option at their price being Made in Portugal. But at the end Natalino came out like a mtm fit for me so I will probably buy all other colors before fall.

Before I tried Natalino I also tried OrSlow 107 but they were skin tight in the thighs and a bit loose in waist. I also tried 105 in 2 year wash but wasn't happy with the fit. Then I also tried 105 white denim and that was a perfect fit. Couldn't be happier. So also material can make the difference in fit.

At the end I would say very small difference in measurements can make a big difference in fit because we have different bodies and what is perfect fit for somebody else might not be perfect fit for you.

As it is not possible to try most of this brand anywhere in store, it is worth putting aside a little extra cash for shippings/returns and try a few different options to find perfect fit and then stick to that brand/model.

Here is a photo of me in my favourite blue wash Natalino denim from last Saturday.
P.S. Also there is a chance to destroy me for my fit for those that don't have similar taste and style as I do. ;)
IMG_8283.JPG

Last edited:

GabrielJF

Reaction score
Can you specify what do you mean with Natalino fit is closer to Berg and Berg?
When I was buying new denim in light wash few months ago and I was deciding between Natalino, B&B, Drake's, Rubato, Anglo-Italian and OrSlow.

From measurements in the size I need Natalino, B&B, Drake's, Rubato, Anglo-Italian were all very similar. Biggest difference is in the rise - 32cm in Natalino and B&B, 31,2cm in Drakes and 28cm Anglo-Italian. All other measurements are very similar or in 1cm difference. That 1cm can make a difference in the fit tho. Drake's have bigger leg opening than Natalino which is very similar to Anglo-Italian.

At the end I went with Natalino only because it was Made in Japan. And I couldn't be happier with the fit. I have very strong thighs compared to my waist and they fit really great. My second choice was Anglo-Italian until I realised that rise is not high enough for my liking so if Natalino wouldn't fit I would probably try B&B next. Honestly Drake's was my last option at their price being Made in Portugal. But at the end Natalino came out like a mtm fit for me so I will probably buy all other colors before fall.

Before I tried Natalino I also tried OrSlow 107 but they were skin tight in the thighs and a bit loose in waist. I also tried 105 in 2 year wash but wasn't happy with the fit. Then I also tried 105 white denim and that was a perfect fit. Couldn't be happier. So also material can make the difference in fit.

At the end I would say very small difference in measurements can make a big difference in fit because we have different bodies and what is perfect fit for somebody else might not be perfect fit for you.

As it is not possible to try most of this brand anywhere in store, it is worth putting aside a little extra cash for shippings/returns and try a few different options to find perfect fit and then stick to that brand/model.

Here is a photo of me in my favourite blue wash Natalino denim from last Saturday.
P.S. Also there is a chance to destroy me for my fit for those that don't have similar taste and style as I do. ;)
View attachment 1988979
Haha - funny that we just had a heated debate about our very different senses of style. I’m wearing practically the exact same thing right now.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha - funny that we just had a heated debate about our very different senses of style. I’m wearing practically the exact same thing right now.
I hope nobody was offended, I was just expressing my personal opinion, maybe it sounded a little too aggressive but that wasn't my intention.

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello again people.

I was wondering what brand you like to pair up with your Drake's items. A customer reached out and they said they like Sunspell as a brand, so wondering what everybody else like to wear.

Doesn't need to be high end im just wondering trying to come up with best partnerships for other brands for our store.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello again people.

I was wondering what brand you like to pair up with your Drake's items. A customer reached out and they said they like Sunspell as a brand, so wondering what everybody else like to wear.

Doesn't need to be high end im just wondering trying to come up with best partnerships for other brands for our store.

Kind of a loaded question, and depends on what Drakes items you are referring to.....

Most of my shirts and ties are drakes, so pairing with them is whatever tailoring (Ring Jacket, Drakes, No Man walks alone) I am wearing.

For casual Drakes tops (shirts or knits), I like Rota trousers for the bottom half.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Hello again people.

Hej Boujee,

I like to pair Drake's with Japanese denim brands. Probably difficult to become partners with them I can imagine.

Just some names that appears in my head:

Beams+
Freenote cloth
Indigofera
Buzz Rickson
Sugar Cane
Warehouse
Merz b Schwanen
Lady White
Gloverall
Double RL
Astorflex
Moonstar
William Lockie
Berg & Berg
Filson
Nudie Jeans
Rocky Mountain Featherbed

Last edited:

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Hello again people.

Finamore
Merz B Schwanen
Orslow
The Anthology (farfetched but would love for them to be having an European retailer)
Begg x Co
Anderson’s belts
Info Coherence
Common Projects
Doek
Dents gloves
William Lockie

jeremygo

Reaction score
Hello again people.

I'm a huge fan of Drake's oxfords because they can go from casual to tailored very easily (at least to my eye).

I'm usually pairing them with (in no particular order):
Denim: orSlow, Levis, Anglo-Italian
Chinos/Trousers: The Armoury, Berg & Berg
Tees: Merz B., Warehouse
Shorts: Todd Snyder, Sid Mashburn
Tailoring: The Armoury, Anglo-Italian, The Anthology

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hej Boujee,

I like to pair Drake's with Japanese denim brands. Probably difficult to become partners with them I can imagine.

Just some names that appears in my head:

Beams+
Freenote cloth
Indigofera
Buzz Rickson
Sugar Cane
Warehouse
Merz b Schwanen
Lady White
Gloverall
Double RL
Astorflex
Moonstar
William Lockie
Berg & Berg
Filson
Nudie Jeans
Rocky Mountain Featherbed
Yes correct the Japanese or the big brands are hard to get with. Good selection there,

Thank you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads