• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trevallon

Reaction score
Oh myyy, these chore jackets look incredible (especially the red and the blue). As does the French navy moleskin (not pictured). For me, these are hands down the best items of any recent collaboration that I can think of!
drakes-st-john-collab-007.jpg

drakes-st-john-collab-006.jpg
They are great looking. I especially like the navy chore, but I also wonder about breathability of the moleskine (although on the pictures it doesn't look as dense as my mont st michel, which is very dense and not very breathable). I am also a little on the fence about the pin buttons. I love the look, but wonder how well they will stay on.
The poacher pockets are genuis though: I have an old Barbour Border with the detachable poacher pockets and they are super practical.

As for the corduroy chores, I absolutely love the colours, but I am pretty sure they wouldn't get a lot wear (from me). Although they are muted, they are still special. Would be interesting to know how much use the people, who bought the "fireman red" chore a while ago got out of it, that was a piece I also liked in a photo, but wouldn't wear much in the real world...

Zimmerman

Reaction score
They are great looking. I especially like the navy chore, but I also wonder about breathability of the moleskine (although on the pictures it doesn't look as dense as my mont st michel, which is very dense and not very breathable). I am also a little on the fence about the pin buttons. I love the look, but wonder how well they will stay on.
The poacher pockets are genuis though: I have an old Barbour Border with the detachable poacher pockets and they are super practical.

As for the corduroy chores, I absolutely love the colours, but I am pretty sure they wouldn't get a lot wear (from me). Although they are muted, they are still special. Would be interesting to know how much use the people, who bought the "fireman red" chore a while ago got out of it, that was a piece I also liked in a photo, but wouldn't wear much in the real world...
See also the yellow nautical chore coat, which is sitting resolutely in my wardrobe since I bought it. Anyone found a way to wear it / dress it down?

espen

Reaction score

I own that red chore coat. Undoubtedly it’s a statement, but that just means no superlatives, chinos or jeans, and a button down. I don’t think twice about reaching for it mind you. That dusty colour would be a great way to inject colour if you are hesitant mind you.

justinpledger

Reaction score
See also the yellow nautical chore coat, which is sitting resolutely in my wardrobe since I bought it. Anyone found a way to wear it / dress it down?
This is so funny because I have the red canvas chore jacket and it's just sitting in my wardrobe. I've never worn it. I have two other items that I've never worn as well - the rust suede chore and the suede shirt. I'm thinking of selling all three.

Am wondering if there're many others here who have bought items from Drake's that they've never, ever worn?

justinpledger

Reaction score
I own that red chore coat. Undoubtedly it’s a statement, but that just means no superlatives, chinos or jeans, and a button down. I don’t think twice about reaching for it mind you. That dusty colour would be a great way to inject colour if you are hesitant mind you.
Why no jeans?! Oh Lord, If I was to wear mine it'd be with jeans for sure. Do you have any pics of you in yours? Just curious to see how you style it. It's such a beautiful piece and I've never worn mine (as I mentioned above)

wahnamhong

Reaction score
I have the green linen chore coat from 2 summers ago. It’s *green* mind you lol. I’ve actually been wearing mine quite a lot, usually with blue or white denim. And brown loafers. That is also how I’d wear a red chore, though the faded colours of these new items would be preferable to me over the signal red one from last season.

The rust suede chore coat is amazing! Can’t believe you’re not wearing yours. My next Drake’s item might just be a suede coat.

Attachments

• 1999A597-70D8-4523-A4F0-311F3C7D58F2.jpeg
    1999A597-70D8-4523-A4F0-311F3C7D58F2.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 161
  • F01DCEA8-1C2C-4AB4-907C-B40F8BB42CB5.jpeg
    F01DCEA8-1C2C-4AB4-907C-B40F8BB42CB5.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 183

justinpledger

Reaction score
I have the green linen chore coat from 2 summers ago. It’s *green* mind you lol. I’ve actually been wearing mine quite a lot, usually with blue or white denim. And brown loafers. That is also how I’d wear a red chore, though the faded colours of these new items would be preferable to me over the signal red one from last season.

The rust suede chore coat is amazing! Can’t believe you’re not wearing yours. My next Drake’s item might just be a suede coat.
Oh the green linen is amazing! I have the blue linen one and I love it. I'm slightly obsessed with Drake's chore coats to be honest 🙈

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Imho the ‘easiest’ way to start wearing bright coloured coats is to copy the outfit from the dark guy on the left in the picture below (from my earlier post). So, a dark blue pair of jeans and then either a dark blue polo/shirt/denim shirt or a white oxford.
E21A1D80-7488-484F-BC73-B825005B3ADD.jpeg
This way you’ll get used to it quickly and from there you can experiment by adding more colour eg white or brown like the others in the pic.

Trevallon

Reaction score

I wish I had bought the green linen chore. Although it is a bright green, I am sure, it would fit in well with my (almost any) wardrobe. Oddly it seems very versatile.

Good point on the dusty red being a softer option, if one wanted to inject more colour.

As an aside, I showed my partner pics of the corn coloured needlecord chore jacket with corresponing trousers. Her reply was, that one would have to be mindful of not looking "like a couch". Point taken.

Last edited:

woO

Reaction score
This is so funny because I have the red canvas chore jacket and it's just sitting in my wardrobe. I've never worn it. I have two other items that I've never worn as well - the rust suede chore and the suede shirt. I'm thinking of selling all three.

Am wondering if there're many others here who have bought items from Drake's that they've never, ever worn?
I've never worn the Ventile City Raincoat from two years ago. It's very long and ample, so a "strong" piece. But above all, there are no more rainy days such as one would need to wear that type of coat.
CB-Body-2_1.jpg

espen

Reaction score
Why no jeans?! Oh Lord, If I was to wear mine it'd be with jeans for sure. Do you have any pics of you in yours? Just curious to see how you style it. It's such a beautiful piece and I've never worn mine (as I mentioned above)
Oops, DEFINITELY wearing jeans or chinos with this one!! I meant nothing superlative (so it’s a little thing, but no scarves for example), but just basics with it.

See the shot below. Works pretty well when you keep the rest simple.

Attachments

• 7A95EC47-5B85-487D-ACB2-85F79D61DDFB.jpeg
    7A95EC47-5B85-487D-ACB2-85F79D61DDFB.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 361

justinpledger

Reaction score
Imho the ‘easiest’ way to start wearing bright coloured coats is to copy the outfit from the dark guy on the left in the picture below (from my earlier post). So, a dark blue pair of jeans and then either a dark blue polo/shirt/denim shirt or a white oxford. View attachment 1926021 This way you’ll get used to it quickly and from there you can experiment by adding more colour eg white or brown like the others in the pic.
Oh that's a great idea! I may have to try the red chore after all! :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads