• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind they have their own factories for shirts and ties. If they have excess capacity, better to fill the lines production with whatever leftover fabrics are laying around and sell at a discount then leave capacity unused.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keep in mind they have their own factories for shirts and ties. If they have excess capacity, better to fill the lines production with whatever leftover fabrics are laying around and sell at a discount then leave capacity unused.
This is what I was thinking with my original post: made for archive sale product with very solid margins. That would be in addition to whatever regular overstock they have from prior seasons.

This seems very plausible to me.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what I was thinking with my original post: made for archive sale product with very solid margins. That would be in addition to whatever regular overstock they have from prior seasons.

This seems very plausible to me.
Considering that all the stuff from the sale is marked with a hefty discount from msrp would this not run afoul of consumer laws?

kentpope

Reaction score
With the closure of the Factory Shop, there is the increase of Archive Sales, and with it, there may be some sample items (as discussed above with the cream/ecru shirt), older NOS items etc.

I agree, and would also imagine that people are also buying less tailored/“nice” clothing while so many people are working at home and/or experiencing COVID-related economic uncertainty.

garigo

Reaction score
Just received these flannel shirts and I’m really happy with them: great fit, substantial fabric and thick MOP buttons. Definitely recommended to anyone who’s into the style.

344C7C60-D6CF-42BD-B274-2C8EDD31F8DD.jpeg

Trevallon

Reaction score
Just received these flannel shirts and I’m really happy with them: great fit, substantial fabric and thick MOP buttons. Definitely recommended to anyone who’s into the style.

View attachment 1615589
I really like those. I didn't get them because I was unsure of the sizing. Took me some time to figure out that I'm a 16.5 in Drake's Button Downs, but a 17 in their checked shirts with patch pockets on the chest. The heavy flannels come not in collar sizes but in M L XL etc. correct?
Anybody have an idea how they compare to the button downs in fit?

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering that all the stuff from the sale is marked with a hefty discount from msrp would this not run afoul of consumer laws?
Yes - you have to have had it at full price for a certain amount of time. 30 days IIRC.

garigo

Reaction score
I really like those. I didn't get them because I was unsure of the sizing. Took me some time to figure out that I'm a 16.5 in Drake's Button Downs, but a 17 in their checked shirts with patch pockets on the chest. The heavy flannels come not in collar sizes but in M L XL etc. correct?
Anybody have an idea how they compare to the button downs in fit?
That’s right, I wear a 40 / 15.75 in pretty much any other shirt, including a Drake’s checked shirt with patch pockets that I own. I don’t have any of their button downs.

I took an M with these and the main difference is that they are quite a bit shorter, probably with the idea that they can be worn untucked if you want. They also feel just slightly slimmer in the chest and shoulders.

kentpope

Reaction score
The stars aligned and I was fortunate enough to grab the Brown, Green and Burgundy Houndstooth Wool Jacket, which I had been lusting after for months and figured I'd probably never get except as a longshot.

Sad to report that the Brown, Green and Burgundy Houndstooth jacket is probably going back. The fit is impeccable, but unless I'm mistaken, the jacket is entirely uncanvassed. There's a 3x5" piece of what appears to be fusible interlining near the armpit area on the interior of the jacket and that's it.

It's one thing for a jacket like this to not have any canvassing but for Drake's to advertise "Half-Canvas Construction" is unacceptable, especially at the prices they charge. I'm curious if this design was a one-off or perhaps some of their other tweeds are made the same way but this lack of transparency leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Kawrou

Reaction score
That’s right, I wear a 40 / 15.75 in pretty much any other shirt, including a Drake’s checked shirt with patch pockets that I own. I don’t have any of their button downs.

I took an M with these and the main difference is that they are quite a bit shorter, probably with the idea that they can be worn untucked if you want. They also feel just slightly slimmer in the chest and shoulders.

Are they really shorter? When I see pictures online they still look quite long and have a slight taper.
I have a two pocket shirt in a size 15 that I wish I could wear untucked as well but is sadly not cut for that.

Was afraid that the flannel shirts would be the same. I prefer these kind of flannel shirts to be more casual. So slightly wider. I still have a chance to buy one in a small.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find that the quality of some of Drake’s items—tailoring, shirts, jackets, other clothing—is not of the same impeccable caliber as their ties, scarves, and accessories. It’s alright. They have certainly staked out a unique house look of studied casual style. However, I find the quality to price ratio to be off kilter sometimes. A lot of what I observe from Drake’s reminds me of Ralph Lauren. They develop interesting items and looks. But there is an acceptable to marginal quality make in many items.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hard to compare Drake’s to RL since RL has so many lines from mall/outlet stuff to RLPL.

Drake’s, at least in theory, does not have sub or diffusion lines (except, as I suspect, some of the stuff they make specifically for the Archive sales).

garigo

Reaction score
Are they really shorter? When I see pictures online they still look quite long and have a slight taper.
I have a two pocket shirt in a size 15 that I wish I could wear untucked as well but is sadly not cut for that.

Was afraid that the flannel shirts would be the same. I prefer these kind of flannel shirts to be more casual. So slightly wider. I still have a chance to buy one in a small.
Yes they are! Here’s a comparison between a 15.75 and the M I just got.

A8A8D9D5-AF4F-4039-95AE-155E48BF436C.jpeg

Shetterd

Reaction score
Got some cotton-linen games chinos which I will have to send back. They say the cut is roomy, but I guess my seat is roomier still...Now I'll have to find an alternative or bite the full price bullet, very unfortunate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads