• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hschrapel

Reaction score
I’m a fan of the RB rugby’s too. I wish they weren’t so expensive..
But the rest of the range I find the wrong side of preppy kitsch. Now don’t get me wrong, they’re not the first brand to bring humour into a clothing line, RL has done it well for years, but it really lacks the charm RL managed.

I understand their plan too- bring prep and streetwear together in the way maybe Kanye tried once upon a time. They probably don’t have much interest in many of the things I love about classic menswear. I just think at the moments it’s so painfully heavy handed . The poster @keepondigging summed my feelings on it well.

It’s early days for FE castleberry, but I prefer the way he’s going with similar inspiration .
I don't know man... $200+ USD for a champion reverse weave sweater with some ****** print on it? I don't know how FE justifies that.

upflup

Reaction score
I don't know man... $200+ USD for a champion reverse weave sweater with some ****** print on it? I don't know how FE justifies that.

Yeah this one was a real stretch for him. The damn print is just the names of museums - he didn't even design anything.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah this one was a real stretch for him. The damn print is just the names of museums - he didn't even design anything.

We've seen hats like this before right? I always wondered, this can't really be legal, right?

polyfusion

Reaction score
Agree FE really pushed it with the €300 champion sweatshirts and museum prints. wish he hadn’t done that

espen

Reaction score
tbh what annoys me about FE is that it's just an unapologetic rip of the Wes Anderson aesthetic. Which is a weird critique from moi, because I love Wes Anderson and most of classic mens wear is just sort of recycling a rather limited aesthetic.

I'd recommend checking out the episode of Blamo! with Fred. He approaches his love of Wes Anderson honestly, He's a fan and wants to honor that. Looking at recent Gucci campaigns you can't help feel that "twee" vibe as well. Fred's story is also pretty interesting and a good lesson in following your passion. His work speaks for itself and I'd say he isn't recycling a limited aesthetic. His work covers a pretty broad spectrum, and his foray into women's wear is pretty interesting.

swampfox

Reaction score
I'd recommend checking out the episode of Blamo! with Fred. He approaches his love of Wes Anderson honestly, He's a fan and wants to honor that. Looking at recent Gucci campaigns you can't help feel that "twee" vibe as well. Fred's story is also pretty interesting and a good lesson in following your passion. His work speaks for itself and I'd say he isn't recycling a limited aesthetic. His work covers a pretty broad spectrum, and his foray into women's wear is pretty interesting.

I appreciate this response. Will check out.

nycs10011

Reaction score
I don't want to stray too far from the topic but I've stopped by RB after going to the Crosby Street shop. I'm a fan of the rugbys and I grabbed a pair of wide-leg chinos from them I really love. Not grabbing everything they offer but there's some fun stuff.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Shot these in the Crosby street shop a bit ago

28A_00175.jpg
29A_00176.jpg

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Drakes's finally has masks. I remember during the first quarantine looking for them not that I planned on actually spending what they'd be asking. Since then I went with Old Navy masks and have been quite pleased. Paisleys, tartans, florals, polka dots, etc. A lot of selection and I like that standard shape.

polyfusion

Reaction score

I agree with this. I think every creative is going to springboard off older ideas and use that as a stepping stone to something new. Wes Anderson is new England prep at heart, an aesthetic I think most people here enjoy. I can sense Fred has some great original ideas in there and hope he can develop the brand to its potential. Also agree on his foray into women’s wear being especially promising. To use an analogy, he’s a good band on its first album- still indebted to its influences but with potential to grow beyond them.
Still can’t afford anything he’s doing though..

hschrapel

Reaction score
To add on to what I said earlier, to simply just stitch on your label over the top of the Champion one is deserving of the steep mark up? I just can't get over this. View attachment 1493174
And if anyone is here itching to get these "limited" sweaters, hit me up. Ill do mine for $195 (save $5!) and even let you choose ANY museum you want printed over the top. To respect Champion, I'll keep all tags as original for that OG aesthetic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads