• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
What i find interesting is how Uniqlo has looked to update its mainline stuff, clearly taking hints from previous U seasons. Imo it's progressed quite well, while U feels stuck. Just looking at the new arrivals and i can see utility / painter pants, boxy overshirts, mock neck long sleeve tops, fleece v-neck vests, oversized ma-1 blouson, hunting style utility jacket, onion stitch ultra light down, mock neck drop shoulder knits etc. I've not tried any of these so can't comment on fit or quality... but i'm more interested in them than anything from U.

Pastamancer

Reaction score
Men's outerwear seems particularly weak, but I actually don't mind some of the designs otherwise. Denim shirting looks nice, and I'm glad they seem to be doing a regular, heavyweight flannel in a boxy cut versus the tissue-thin longline stuff from last year. Will probably pick up the socks as well cause I like to keep my feet warm. But yeah, the men's color selection is just baffling to me. There are some nice sea greens/purples in the mix, but not for any of the big pieces. Wonder what the sizing/material on the women's DB trenchcoat will be...

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
Uniqlo U and the recent +J have just been underwhelming. It's always the same colors, cheap materials, boxy fits, etc. I get that it's Uniqlo, but these lines have been disappointing.

NYLON

Reaction score
Disagree on "cheap" being relative.

I've pieces from several seasons ago and all of them have held up. Still bang for money but they continue to remain safe (boring) , predictable (expected) and similar (consistent).

Just wait for discount racks to fill up in 3 weeks. :p

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
What i find interesting is how Uniqlo has looked to update its mainline stuff, clearly taking hints from previous U seasons. Imo it's progressed quite well, while U feels stuck. Just looking at the new arrivals and i can see utility / painter pants, boxy overshirts, mock neck long sleeve tops, fleece v-neck vests, oversized ma-1 blouson, hunting style utility jacket, onion stitch ultra light down, mock neck drop shoulder knits etc. I've not tried any of these so can't comment on fit or quality... but i'm more interested in them than anything from U.
It’s interesting that the US website doesn’t have any of the new arrivals…

NYLON

Reaction score
^
1630078703211.png

Kay. Get ready for bed & pillow covers.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

xeoniq

Reaction score

Agreed, I have been disappointed with my Uniqlo purchases in the last two years, but I liked a few mainline pieces enough to buy from them again. The jersey overshirt and nylon gear pants have been very nice in fit and aesthetic, and they felt a lot better than the UU pieces I handled in store. I liked the packable DWR-coated short coat as well, but it was too similar to one of my Yohji coats to purchase, otherwise I would have.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Same sentiments as expressed in earlier posts, the mainline Uniqlo is indeed improving in a lot of aspects, it is generally good for those who haven't seen it, standard Uniqlo quality.

Sadly, even as a fan of the U line, I feel that this season is the weakest, even if they say that the context is the new normal - it just feels too simple. It's bits and pieces from earlier seasons that they just revived in a new colorway or material - good if you feel you missed out on, like that padded shirt jacket from 16FW, or the mock neck knit style from 15FW.

Yet, having said that, I might still pick up a few pieces like the denim oversized shirt and the zip knit, the rest maybe when it goes on several discounts already... or just wait for next season if it evolves. Nevertheless, it's still a good value as a lot of my older U pieces still look great until now, I'd still recommend it for those looking for something reliable. It's a good gateway to try Lemaire's design, but ultimately if you are ready to level up and spend on better, it's time to go mainline Lemaire.

Phrost

Reaction score
I haven't expect much of the Uniqlo U stuff lately, so I'm not surprised it's underwhelming. The men's stuff does look extra boring this time around. There's not even a standout outerwear item I'm interested in, which wasn't the case the last few times.

The Denim pocketed long sleeve shirt modeled after the OG-107 Type II looks decent, but the color choices are a bit boring.

I am a bit jealous of the women's Denim pocketed shirt jacket modeled after the M-51 field jacket.

Does anyone know if they discontinued the Vintage regular fit chinos? Their look book says they're not sold in the US anymore.

Also, I stopped by the NYC Soho location recently for the first time in over a year and was surprised that it's entirely self checkout now. Those self checkout machines were magical - after a few seconds of me standing there like an idiot looking for the scanner, one by one, it started automatically ringing up the items I had in my hand.

I didn't have to separate the items or scan the bar code or anything. When I asked the employee how it knew, he said it was RFID. I should've never asked... that's when the magic was gone ?

duanejosey

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Did anyone tried or buy this new short blouson? It has been sold out ever since it was featured on GQ as a « must-buy ». Curious about fit and material (polyester).

I just picked this up over the weekend. I had it in my cart early last week but didn't pull the trigger and then it sold out. Had no idea GQ ran an article about it. I ended up going to the store and seeing it in person and it was a definite cop for me. I like the fit and for $49, the material is okay with me. Nice fall jacket imo.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads