• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jineline

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Did anyone tried or buy this new short blouson? It has been sold out ever since it was featured on GQ as a « must-buy ». Curious about fit and material (polyester).

I just picked this up over the weekend. I had it in my cart early last week but didn't pull the trigger and then it sold out. Had no idea GQ ran an article about it. I ended up going to the store and seeing it in person and it was a definite cop for me. I like the fit and for $49, the material is okay with me. Nice fall jacket imo.

Would you say it is TTS?

dmitry23

Reaction score
Yup, TTS imo.
Do you still have any room for layering, partucularly in chest and armpits/shoulders area? Last years MA-1 jacket was too small for me in that areas. I went tts with an M, and it was essentially the same as my old nike jaket in S, just longer with bigger belly.

NYLON

Reaction score
So EG is no longer in the works? :(

J/K.

Collection and look book vid shows a very tight and lean capsule. Perhaps a sign of the times we live in, to minimise waste & carbon foot print.

Overall i like this.

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
Anyone know when the overshirts and cord work pants and shirts gonna hit the US site? Are they in the US stores?

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
New collection online. Can’t buy anything. Either because of color range, or materials suck. Shame!

Eyechild

Reaction score
Long time lurker on this thread and I have to concur with some of the sentiments on the U line. I really want to love it but it does feel increasingly, almost purposefully bland. One thing I do like season-on-season are their T-shirts – especially the long sleeves with the drop pocket, but even these I just find the pallette a bit dreary (wish they'd mix in some brighter colours now and then, like an orange or a yellow).

On an unrelated note I'm also envious that women get the Ines Le Fresange line, which seems to represent a vibe mostly absent from Uniqlo (ie quasi-APCish tailoring). The men's AW collection from 2017 (the only time they did it) had some really nice bts – including tweed jackets, dobby shirts, chesterfields etc, all with some really nice detailing. Why can't men's have something like that?

NYLON

Reaction score
I tried the workpants in store and felt they kinda tight on my usual waist 31-32.

Usually anything wide in the description i go a half size down but they felt TTS or even 1 size up.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the workpants in store and felt they kinda tight on my usual waist 31-32.

Usually anything wide in the description i go a half size down but they felt TTS or even 1 size up.
How did you find the material on those?

NYLON

Reaction score
How did you find the material on those?

Sturdy. There is a thickness to it. Mid weight fabric. IT does have a high rise, so i guess it's designed to go higher up the waist line.

I think these will go well with any flannel or denim jacket and should rest nicely on boots or current trend of retro sneakers.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds pretty good. Is it the same material as the Chinos (assuming they're the same as previous seasons)?

NYLON

Reaction score
That sounds pretty good. Is it the same material as the Chinos (assuming they're the same as previous seasons)?

I didn't really notice the chinos except for a passing glance. I wasn't impressed by those in SS21...they were lint magnets. Back to the work pants - Uniqlo describes them as moleskin fabric. I reckon they will start to have a nice fade after each use/wash depending on the user.

I was more interested in the variety afforded by the W's side. In fact the #1 item i went straight for were the gathered sweat pants. They met expectations & So is the 100% ribbed wool cardigan. I was surprised.

TBH this collection is super lean and only the flannel jackets spark any kind of print/pattern.

Still there were some gems in both M & W's as highlighted above.

This gives me hope JWA will have better options as he always seemed to be the weaker comparing both B2B.

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
The workpants and chinos only go up to size 33 (in EU atleast) :brick:

is there any hope to get bigger sizes, does Uniqlo update later or is this it? Last summer’s JWA collection sold out bigger sizes in trousers right away and never restocked So I’m not holding my breath. Bummer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads