• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone posted about this a while back, but I just got back from the 5th ave flagship in NYC and I can confirm that the T000's have been discontinued. The new skinny denim has a slightly waxy, more sheen-y look to it, and is also a bit rougher compared to the softer T000's. Because of that, the newer ones don't look as jet black as the older ones. Additionally, the T000 leather patch on the back is gone on the new ones, as well as the other tag explaining that the denim is sourced from a Japanese mill. Not sure if the non-inclusion of this tag on the new jeans means they aren't using Japanese denim anymore, but they don't have any branding that they do like the T000's.
Thanks for the info, whoever designed the new cut was insane. Rise on the 28s is 8.5"

tgod93

Reaction score
Hello all! I am completely new to Uniqlo and I have never ever tried their clothing before.

I just checked out their site and I might be interested in grabbing a few casual button downs and maybe some cardigans.

Specifically:

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/style/075551

However, I have not decided on any button down shirts yet.

I am about 5'8-5'9, 155-166lb, 38-40 chest.

Does uniqlo have any casual button downs that are short enough to wear untucked? (Ends slightly below waist)

Also, how is the fit on their cardigans? Quality?

Thank you ahead of time for the help.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Compared to a few years back Uniqlo outerwear is pretty fucken ******. Using way too many blends (polyester, Nylon/cotton) and zippers/buttons are way cheaper. Also the linings for most jackets/coats/outerwear is horrible as it doesn't breath at all. **** resembles forever 21/H&M, etc

For example what's with with the polyester in the jeans?

Button up's, Heat tech,Light Down Jackets are still cool though.

Last edited:

Totakeke

Reaction score
I have a jacket from two seasons ago using a linen/cotton blend.

Never liked their non-oxford shirts though. Got two linen shirts and they don't hold up well.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Compared to a few years back Uniqlo outerwear is pretty fucken ******. Using way too many blends (polyester, Nylon/cotton) and zippers/buttons are way cheaper. Also the linings for most jackets/coats/outerwear is horrible as it doesn't breath at all. **** resembles forever 21/H&M, etc

Yea.. I hear you. I am slowly dropping out of Uniqlo. Replacing everything I have with Made in USA better quality ****. Think I am done.

EdwardB

Reaction score

Actually just got some black "overdye" (not really) Slim Straights a few days ago; I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't even bother to look at content. It's something like ~25% poly, but I just assumed that it was for A) durability, since they are rather cheap jeans (which is why A LOT of their **** has synthetic materials), B) to help keep the shape (I've found straight cotton/spandex blends tend to stretch out and stay stretched out even after a wash/dry) and C) color fastness, since synthetic stuff doesn't fade so they'll stay dark, which I thought was genius, actually.

The rise of synthetic materials also most likely has to do with cotton prices rising. They could keep using cotton and raise the prices (and people would *****, obviously, since the cheapness is the appeal of the brand) or start using blends and the majority of the customer base wouldn't notice/care.

I definitely agree on the awfulness of the outerwear/hardware though.

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's with the MIJ jeans only going down to size 31 when the rest of the jeans go down to 28 or 29?

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of the early stock on the online store is missing small sizes--some of the knits have buttons for L and XL or M, L, XL but no buttons for S or XS. Maybe it's a similar issue.

Pilcrow

Reaction score
How does the fit on their flannels compare to the fit of their oxfords (slim and non-slim) and other casual shirts (like those broadcloth ones they just put up)?

EDIT: Oh, the linen shirts too. I'd like some nice linen shirts for the summer that don't fit incredibly big and make me look like a Greek diner owner.

Last edited:

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does the fit on their flannels compare to the fit of their oxfords (slim and non-slim) and other casual shirts (like those broadcloth ones they just put up)?

EDIT: Oh, the linen shirts too. I'd like some nice linen shirts for the summer that don't fit incredibly big and make me look like a Greek diner owner.

Similar fit, but the flannels are shorter in my experience.

Crockostyle

Reaction score

Hi I was wondering what the hem is like on the slim selvedge jeans?  It isnt one of the measurements they provide or atleast i did not see it. While i am at it id like to know about the slim chinos as well.  I am looking for bottoms to help with slimmer fits

On the pair (30/32) I just received, the hem is somewhere between 7.25-7.5" laid flat. For what it's worth, the waist is smaller than the chart indicated (about 31" opposed to 32") and the rise is just over an inch longer (9.75" vs 8.5").

Dirty Denim

Reaction score

On the pair (30/32) I just received, the hem is somewhere between 7.25-7.5" laid flat. For what it's worth, the waist is smaller than the chart indicated (about 31" opposed to 32") and the rise is just over an inch longer (9.75" vs 8.5").

Thanks for that...I'm sure they must measure a different way which is why they are coming up with different numbers than u . That's good to know because me being a 33to 34 waist I was gonna grab a 31 tag but might need the 32 tagged

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads