1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

How do the sweatpants fit?

2. rirawin

rirawin Senior member

I offer a free one!

1 person likes this.
  3. jwusoccer

jwusoccer Active Member

How is the fit on the flannels? I picked up 4 for cyber monday, but i sized up to a medium since small was all sold out.

4. y7bbb6

y7bbb6 Well-Known Member

Cuffed sweatpants are great. S fits nicely (without being tight) on my 5'7 145 self and looks even better on my 5'4 115 lady.

The inseam is longer than the UU ones, so if you're taller you'll still be ok.

They aren't your size.. they'll be huge. Doesn't help that they aren't slim. Don't do that.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Mine fit a little slimmer than the medium oxfords.

In other news, the black camo flannel is a smash among locals...

6. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

Some of the Uniqlo socks (or at least the pair that I got) were made from Supima cotton I'm not sure why they don't advertise that fact.

7. jwusoccer

jwusoccer Active Member

Hmm, that sucks. What is their exchange policy? Judging from what you've said, there's no way a medium will fit me. The only problem is that everything's sold out now, and I'm not sure when they're going to be restocking.

8. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

9. jwusoccer

jwusoccer Active Member

[​IMG].. I've already read that. The things is it says that products with a manufacturing default can be exchanged and new products can be exchanged so I was confused. Does it apply to both, or does the product have to have a manufacturing default as well as being new and in original condition? Anyways, I'll just call them..

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

got the buffalo plaid flannel today. didn't even realize the details were different than the other flannels (two breast pockets, not a button down collar), but I love the pattern and seems to fit a tad slimmer than the other flannels. good shit. up to 5? uniqlo flannels so far this season, lol.

11. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I could probably use some medium flannels, just sayin

12. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Senior member

**Edit**

Question answered.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  13. feliks

feliks Well-Known Member

+1 on the supima longsleeves. fit perfect after wash. now if only the heather grey v-neck hadn't of sold out so fast...

14. amathew

amathew Senior member

Been wearing my Uniqlo heatech long johns for about two months and have mixed feelings about them. They feel nice and have held up but they are not suited for wearing in cold weather. I assumed they'd be like a thermal/long john/basic layer type mix and would be good for wearing on cold days (< 20F) to keep warn but they suck in that department. Had to order some proper midweight thermals this morning and have them overnight shipped to me given that tomorrows low temp is supposed to be -11F.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ you're wearing them....under something, right?

16. amathew

amathew Senior member

lol, yes. under Uniqlo jeans usually.

17. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Just got my huge shipment of Uniqlo goods, some impressions:

Slim fit suit jacket fits pretty nice right out of the bag, went small and it fits well buttoned and unbuttoned, even w/ a crewneck+shirt underneath.

The flat front pants fit like total shit haha, size 31 is tight in the waist and big everywhere else, dunno why they couldn't have made some slim pants to actually match the jacket. Whatever, will take to the tailor and get the waist opened up and everything else slimmed.

The heattech crewneck (I got one in wine) is really nice, somewhat slim fitting but very stretchy material, warm and soft. Looks good w/ conservative dress attire as well

I got the marled grey sweats in small, and they make my booty look HUGE. Pretty nice quality and fit tho

The heavy gauge cardigans look good and are cool in a slouchy way, but M was too big for me, over half a foot of space between the midpoint of my chest/waist and material when pulled taut.

So about 50/50 success rate, not bad

18. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

You say this like it's a bad thing

19. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

Just got my cashmere V-neck and some socks from the Cyber Monday sales. The cashmere is a little thinner than expected, but fits very well and seems to be well made. It has that smart, drapey look of a merino wool sweater rather than a chunky, textured lambswool sweater, which I'm happy about. I bought the light grey color, which turns out to be lighter in person than in the picture, another thing I'm happy about. For 50 bucks it's tremendous value. In comparison I bought a $120 cashmere cardigan from Club Monaco a few months ago, and it doesn't seem to be better in any respect.

The only negative thing is that the cashmere feels kind of processed. I'm certainly no expert but it doesn't feel completely like other cashmere, in a way that I can't explain.

20. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Does anyone want some size M dry packaged tees in various colors? I have eight of them, but they are way too big and I apparently can't return them.

Would sell the whole lot for like $20 just to salvage something out of the order.

I really wish I had read the return policy before ordering. However, Uniqlo should really make it clear that an item isn't returnable on the item page rather than putting "Full return policy" under the price. That just made me think I'd get a standard 30 day return/exchange window, not that I'd (a) be unable to return <$7 items and (b) lose $7 in shipping each way. Very unfriendly policy for the customer. This is my first online Uniqlo order and I will be very wary of doing it again if I'm remotely unsure about sizing.