1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. APK

APK Senior member

White buttons. I prefer the black buttons, but I assumed that one was longer since it's considered a dress shirt.

2. APK

APK Senior member

And if it still needs to be said, the size charts aren't really accurate. The chest on a large is about 22" (maybe 22.5), but certainly not 24" P2P.

3. Left Hand

Left Hand Senior member

So go TTS? I was going to size down on their button ups because the size charts seem to put them on the larger side..

4. APK

APK Senior member

I would, but YMMV depending on how close of a fit you like. I can easily see people thinking going TTS is too billowy of a fit, but for me, I make sure the shirt fits well in the chest (and close enough in the shoulders) and go from there. That might mean needing to have the body tailored, which I might end up doing with this one.

5. gong

gong Senior member

I placed an order last night and I got my package today, both orders I have placed on the site have arrived at this speed. Color me impressed.

6. APK

APK Senior member

I will mention, though, that if you're between sizes, go with the smaller size. They do seem to run slightly bigger in the body than the oxfords.

7. Samir

Samir Senior member

The sweatpants are legit. Nice taper, don't feel flimsy at all. I regretted not buying the UU ones so I'm glad these worked out.

HeatTech short sleeve crew necks are the perfect cut for an undershit - long in the body for tucking, but substantial sleeves.

8. Left Hand

Left Hand Senior member

Got my jeans today. Basically next day shipping to Philly.

Best jeans you can get for $50 no doubt

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

Does your collar roll? I was thinking of selling all my Thom Browne / Gitman / Epaulet shirts and just buying Uniqlo oxfords, fit is fine but the collar just doesn't roll for me. But I can get 2-4 Uniqlo shirts for the price of each shirt I have right now so really tempted

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

The OCBDs are the only shirts of uniqlo that roll in my experience. You have to take them out of the dryer about 50% done, button all buttons on a hanger then hand dry. This usually produces a decent roll.

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I would advise against this. I have a few Uniqlo shirts I use as beaters and I don't forsee them having a very long lifespan. Also, the UU hidden placket shirts are never the same after they've been through the wash just once. Of course there's the issue of the buttons too...

12. gong

gong Senior member

Are the hidden placket shirts still available?

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

No clue - took a quick look at the website, but couldn't find them (color options were white/gray/midnight). You aren't missing much - borderline white T in the hood single use status.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Whats the best uniqlo underwear? i cant do anything with cotton in it

15. APK

APK Senior member

Decided to run the dotted shirt through a hot wash/hot dry to see what happened. Didn't seem to shrink much; perhaps a tiny bit in the chest, and it doesn't look quite as billowy from the side. Only thing I'm not quite sold on is the collar, but that's mostly because I don't think spread collars look that good unless the shirt is buttoned up all the way.

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

^ Yup I agree, it only looks good buttoned all the way up and i look like a Chippendale when i do that

17. Teger

Teger Senior member

if anyone doesn't like the black sweats in a M get at me, or another note, who's the UK guy who does the uniqlo proxy? or anyone want to a grab a pair from instore?

18. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah I'm mixed about it but think I wanna buy a condo or flat in the spring and need a bit more capital to invest for a few months. Parents were in SF Uniqlo today, had them pick up a purple oxford and will see how it holds up over a few weeks. I NEED collar roll though, feel shirts don't feel right without it

What's the issue with buttons? Not MOP? Not too particular with buttons as Gitman is mostly chalk and Epaulet is pearlized plastic most of the time.

19. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

For $19 you're not getting MOP buttons, but then you realize that for that price, you could care less about mop

20. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

just got my pair today

buy the grey pair in medium and if the fit is good we'll trade :D

i was afraid to purchase them and they end up fitting ill

the black ones fit well though...may take a pic wearing them in front of a full length mirror when i get a chance since ppl hardly post pics on here