The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. myk7000

myk7000 Senior member

I do know they will be having some massive sales. I wonder if most of the good sizes will be gone by Saturday.

2. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

The ~$15 OCBD sale comes up every once and a while. No, not seconds. They aren't going to sell seconds, certainly not at the grand opening of a new store.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  3. mjo317

mjo317 Senior member

Is the cut of the ocbds still the same? Last time I tried them on, they were a bit too big around the waist

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Tempted to try out the Heattech tee's. Are they really warm or do they function as regular tee's as well?
    Thinking of getting this one in white:

[​IMG]

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/072552#colorSelect
    My main drawing point to it is actually the extra length. I like my tee's around 30" long and it's clearly longer than the regular tee's. The ribbing on the arms are kinda off-putting though.

Stupid question - do the color hold well after washes? Really liking this color but afraid it will look washed out after a while. Saw a long sleeve Jil tee in the same color and thought this would be a cheap substitute.

[​IMG]

Also, am I crazy for liking these turtlenecks?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thinking of wearing them under a wool blazer or some kind of jacket, inspired by this look on LN-CC.

[​IMG]

5. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

No, I don't think the cut has changed. OCBDs are traditionally worn a bit fuller, so that probably explains the cut. You can size down for a tighter fit (e.g. prevent blousing in the back) but the sleeves might be a bit short (which you can always hide by rolling your sleeves). The item is cheap enough (and a good value), particularly at the sale price, to buy them at your normal size and then take them to a tailor to get them taken in at the sides a bit. YMMV.

6. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

FWIW, I am pretty much always a large/50 in tops and shirts (Gitman Vintage, Our Legacy, Cos, etc) and I take a medium i Uniqlo oxfords.
    I have a 41 chest and am 6'3 but the medium fits me great everywhere, even length wise.

7. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

Does anyone have a fit pic of the M65 field jacket?

8. amathew

amathew Senior member

Had placed an order through Suddenlee the other day, and they cam back and told me that there were no smalls available for the merino v-neck sweaters except for black and dark green. WTF, I didn't realize Uniqlo was so in demand.

Meanwhile. I canceled my order, but I still need more sweaters.

9. DiglettDigs

DiglettDigs Member

same story here. does anyone know if sweaters are restocked every week?

also does anyone know how the merino sweaters fit compared to j. crew slim fit merino sweaters?? thanks

10. amathew

amathew Senior member

Those JCrew slim fit merino sweaters aren't all that slim imo, especially if worn with just a undershirt underneath. Of course, with a obcd under neath it's a good fit imo.

I had asked a similar question a while back and no one had a response, but people did point out that the Uniqlo merino sweaters weren't necessarily ultra slim.

11. DiglettDigs

DiglettDigs Member

if the uniqlo sweaters fit anything like the j. crew slim sweaters i'll be pretty satisfied. the j. crew slim sweaters fit me almost perfectly.

12. jay3429

jay3429 Senior member

As far as I know they don't have any colour worth getting in a size small. :confused:

I feel like their sweaters are a little baggier than J.Crew's regular offerings...but then again its been a while since I've bought anything from that store.

13. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

Whoa, how do you know my size? But thanks for the info anyways, disappointing to hear :( Might have to get the Alpha M65

14. ramp

ramp Senior member

Same goes for me. Look for a guy with a shaved head wearing green Junya pants (like all that's clean right now, fuck laundry).

Got nothing better to do this Friday morning. Plus you gonna be jelly of my free Heat-tech shirt.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

niqqa i dont even like heat teach or airism bullshit

now if you copped 16 pairs of socks and supima Vs i'd be mad jelly but I already stocked up on those when I was at the 5th ave store