• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm a little ignorant, but $15 oxfords? Anyone have more info on this? Seconds, possibly?

The ~$15 OCBD sale comes up every once and a while. No, not seconds. They aren't going to sell seconds, certainly not at the grand opening of a new store.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempted to try out the Heattech tee's. Are they really warm or do they function as regular tee's as well?
Thinking of getting this one in white:

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/072552#colorSelect
My main drawing point to it is actually the extra length. I like my tee's around 30" long and it's clearly longer than the regular tee's. The ribbing on the arms are kinda off-putting though.

Stupid question - do the color hold well after washes? Really liking this color but afraid it will look washed out after a while. Saw a long sleeve Jil tee in the same color and thought this would be a cheap substitute.

Also, am I crazy for liking these turtlenecks?

Thinking of wearing them under a wool blazer or some kind of jacket, inspired by this look on LN-CC.

Last edited:

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the cut of the ocbds still the same? Last time I tried them on, they were a bit too big around the waist

No, I don't think the cut has changed. OCBDs are traditionally worn a bit fuller, so that probably explains the cut. You can size down for a tighter fit (e.g. prevent blousing in the back) but the sleeves might be a bit short (which you can always hide by rolling your sleeves). The item is cheap enough (and a good value), particularly at the sale price, to buy them at your normal size and then take them to a tailor to get them taken in at the sides a bit. YMMV.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I am pretty much always a large/50 in tops and shirts (Gitman Vintage, Our Legacy, Cos, etc) and I take a medium i Uniqlo oxfords.
I have a 41 chest and am 6'3 but the medium fits me great everywhere, even length wise.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had placed an order through Suddenlee the other day, and they cam back and told me that there were no smalls available for the merino v-neck sweaters except for black and dark green. WTF, I didn't realize Uniqlo was so in demand.

Meanwhile. I canceled my order, but I still need more sweaters.

DiglettDigs

Reaction score
Had placed an order through Suddenlee the other day, and they cam back and told me that there were no smalls available for the merino v-neck sweaters except for black and dark green. WTF, I didn't realize Uniqlo was so in demand.

Meanwhile. I canceled my order, but I still need more sweaters.

same story here. does anyone know if sweaters are restocked every week?

also does anyone know how the merino sweaters fit compared to j. crew slim fit merino sweaters?? thanks

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
same story here. does anyone know if sweaters are restocked every week?

also does anyone know how the merino sweaters fit compared to j. crew slim fit merino sweaters?? thanks

Those JCrew slim fit merino sweaters aren't all that slim imo, especially if worn with just a undershirt underneath. Of course, with a obcd under neath it's a good fit imo.

I had asked a similar question a while back and no one had a response, but people did point out that the Uniqlo merino sweaters weren't necessarily ultra slim.

DiglettDigs

Reaction score
Those JCrew slim fit merino sweaters aren't all that slim imo, especially if worn with just a undershirt underneath. Of course, with a obcd under neath it's a good fit imo.

I had asked a similar question a while back and no one had a response, but people did point out that the Uniqlo merino sweaters weren't necessarily ultra slim.

if the uniqlo sweaters fit anything like the j. crew slim sweaters i'll be pretty satisfied. the j. crew slim sweaters fit me almost perfectly.

jay3429

Reaction score

Does anyone have a fit pic of the M65 field jacket?

As far as I know they don't have any colour worth getting in a size small. :confused:

if the uniqlo sweaters fit anything like the j. crew slim sweaters i'll be pretty satisfied. the j. crew slim sweaters fit me almost perfectly.

I feel like their sweaters are a little baggier than J.Crew's regular offerings...but then again its been a while since I've bought anything from that store.

Last edited:

pyroxyze

Reaction score
As far as I know they don't have any colour worth getting in a size small.
confused.gif

I feel like their sweaters are a little baggier than J.Crew's regular offerings...but then again its been a while since I've bought anything from that store.
Whoa, how do you know my size? But thanks for the info anyways, disappointing to hear :( Might have to get the Alpha M65

ramp

Reaction score

Will be going to store opening on Friday.
If anyone sees me, feel free to challenge me to a fight out front. :)

Same goes for me. Look for a guy with a shaved head wearing green Junya pants (like all that's clean right now, **** laundry).

lol @ you nerds going to a grand opening of a ******* uniqlo

Got nothing better to do this Friday morning. Plus you gonna be jelly of my free Heat-tech shirt.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
niqqa i dont even like heat teach or airism bullshit

now if you copped 16 pairs of socks and supima Vs i'd be mad jelly but I already stocked up on those when I was at the 5th ave store

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads