1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

So much for hope . . .

2. Pig Farmer

Pig Farmer Active Member

What's the difference between the two versions of the v neck t-shirt?

MEN DRY PACKAGED V NECK SHORT SLEEVE T SHIRT

$5.90

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MEN DRY PACKAGED V NECK SHORT SLEEVE T SHIRT

$5.90

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the description of the first one, it says: "This quality V-neck T-shirt features great looking silhouette and longer length."

But the shirts don't differ in length very much according to their respective charts. The shoulders and body are consistently wider in the first model, making it larger overall instead of simply longer. In fact, the medium is the same length in both models, but the shoulders and body are .4" and .3" wider in medium for the first one.

My intention here is not to nitpick the measurement charts for variances of human error, but rather to question why there are two pages for what appears to be the same product, one slightly larger than the other. I'm looking for a v-neck and have no experience with Uniqlo, but I've read good things about their fit.

The second model is listed as "New" in the online store, even though it appears to be the same old basic t-shirt. That worries me. Has the fit of these v-necks remained essentially unchanged these past few years or is it being "updated" from time to time? I need to know if the recommendations that got me here are outdated.

If anyone has experience with Uniqlo v-necks please speak up. I'd appreciate your input.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  3. slstr

slstr Senior member

I have no idea how to answer your question but your icon is fucking awesome.

2 people like this.
  4. jet

jet Senior member

Guys how accurate are the slim chino waist specs? Looking for slightly loose-ish fit around 34.5 int the waist and maybe 7.75"-8" hem.

Also which shirts are must cops, just want a few beaters that fit well. Ocbd or poplin is fine, need to fit 40-41" chest so no idea on sizing as I am not going by their charts anymore.

5. michaelyork

michaelyork Senior member

imho that chart is very accurate

6. jet

jet Senior member

THe guys were saying not for the button ups and oxford shirts.

Looks like I'm a size small in the efm broadcloths? This shit right?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  7. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

Are the slim fit chinos a lower rise similar to the UVC, or are they a bit higher?

8. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I have no idea. I am a 41" chest and the mediums work for me, but the measurements on some of my shirts match up with the small measurements posted online. So I would say go with a medium. I ordered a large shirt for the hell of it in a hidden placket and the thing was huge compared to any of the mediums I have.

9. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

No way, I'm a Med in the slim fit Oxfords and the small in the Extra fine broadcloth was too tight. You'd be a medium or large. Measurements are useless on those broadcloths.

10. jet

jet Senior member

That's what I thought, the only thing I wear large in is the efm knits and they are a bit loose. I haven't worn a large in anything uniqlo I don't think even though euro brands I'm a L.

So a 32 in the slim fit chinos for 34 waist and a med in the broadcloths sound right to you guys? I don't even know why I'm coppin this shit lol.

11. michaelyork

michaelyork Senior member

lol
    Pig Farmer's icon really is awesome.

12. lineate

lineate Senior member

13. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

who cares when they are that cheap and fit well.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

The knee-jerk reactions to synthetics on Styleforum without understanding their utilities beyond cost-saving gets really, really old.

4 people like this.
  15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

You can always get a large in the broadcloth in sew the box pleat down.

16. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Anyone know how to buy uniqlo stock without a broker?

Copped the bomber last night. Looks pretty good for costing 50 bucks.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

The collars on all uniqlo shirts are sorta driving me crazy. Think only the OCBD have good collars.

18. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I can only speak to slim fit oxfords, but I'd say go medium. I'm somewhere in the same size range and a small pulled at the chest.

Now if they would just restock the damn things. :plain:

19. APK

APK Senior member

Bought the navy shirt with white dots. It's a basic enough pattern, but something I've been seeking for a while without breaking the bank. I got a large and it's not terribly billowy, but could probably stand to be darted. Sizing down would probably be dicey in the chest area. If I'm being real OCD about it, the shoulders at 19" are maybe a quarter to half an inch big on each side, but it's tough to pick up because of the dark color. The second button is also a tad high for my liking, but not a deal breaker. The collar seems a lot better than it did on the flannels, which I thought were pretty flimsy and didn't really sit well.

Also bought some Heat Tech lounge stuff for my gf and some purple boxers... for myself.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

^ APK the polka dot shirt with white or black buttons?