1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

I'm down for that.. you'd prefer the greys to the blacks?

2. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

^yea, i just didn't order because they look like they are a different fit from the rest...didn't want to bother with the hassle and cost of returns so i went with the black to be safe

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  3. charcoal

charcoal Member

i got size 30 to fit a 32 waist, and the chart was almost fully accurate, including the waist. i got my pair over the summer so i don't know if the newer ones are any different. size chart still looks the same though.

i tried one in my recent order, and took measurements incidentally. mine is 070903 (the first one in your post).
    size S - pit to pit 20.5", sleeve 8.25", shoulders 18", length 27.5"
    so, use the chart as a guide but expect variation, as with basically everything they carry.
    anyway, it's a better fitting shirt than you would expect for $6. fabric is smooth and comfortable out of the package, and softened up more after a washing/drying. drying it also improved the fit in the sleeves and narrowed the shoulders a bit, which i liked. only thing i don't like is that the V could stand to be lower; might be a problem depending on your button down shirts.

what uniqlo apparently does is come out with a new run of an item (with a new, higher item number), and leave the previous run's item page on the site until it's all sold. they must not want to consolidate. or something like that, hell if i know what they're doing. it's the same with a few other items, e.g. crewneck sweatshirts. confusing for sure. i doubt there is much difference between the two v-necks.

4. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I still have a few oxfords from 2 or 3 years ago back when they were still using that thicker, softer fabric and the collars have a nice roll. The ones they sell now, not so much.

5. wzjradam

wzjradam Senior member

The women's oxfords actually has MOP buttons, what the heck.

6. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

I just realized my +J shirt has a beautiful collar roll.

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

The UU shirts have really really thin crappy buttons that have the hardiness of a fortune cookie.

1 person likes this.
  8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Yessssssss, mission accomplished.

Navy M Tas suit jacket came back into stock, got that and a matching trousers, and picked up the grey sweatpants to put it over $100 for free ship. Will report if the grey is the same fit as the others when I get this in about a week.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

now that's dedication!

10. gort

gort Senior member

Which jacket and trousers are you referring to? Can you link?

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Tell me about it, been checking several times a day for weeks now. [​IMG] I mean, sure it's not as nice as the suits that I have that are 10x the price, but for under $100 (pants and jacket)...it's criminally good.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-tasmanian-wool-blended-slim-fit-jacket/070825-09
    http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made...n-wool-blended-flat-front-pants/071149-06-031

Trousers have a full size full basically, but the jacket is perpetually out of stock. It re-updates with stock (i assume returns) throughout the day.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  12. andrewsd

andrewsd Senior member

are the neck opening small on the merino crewnecks?

13. Notre

Notre Senior member

^ I have a big ass head and it fits fine through a medium. :D

14. Pig Farmer

Pig Farmer Active Member

These sweatpants look good to me, but I could use some help with sizing. No experience with Uniqlo.

My waist fluctuates between a true 33 and 34, so I wear a tag 32 in most brands at my largest. According to the general sizing chart, Uniqlo's medium stops at 33 and the large runs from 33 to 36. The inseam on the large is longer than I would like, so I'm hoping the medium would fit me perfectly.

Are these S, M, L ranges vanity sized at all? Do you think their medium sweatpants would be comfortable at 34?

15. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

I don't understand the policy of not displaying sizes that are out of stock, makes it look like they don't even offer XS half of the time

16. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

my waist is the same...medium

1 person likes this.
  17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

ultra light down jacket is the best thing i've ever bought omg

every coat should be lined with this thing. just wish it didn't have a high collar.

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

19. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Stopped by the SF store today, left with sweatshirt + sweatpants and some heat tech. Sad that there aren't any EFM crew necks in store.

20. Pig Farmer

Pig Farmer Active Member

I'm thinking about driving to a mall for no other reason than to try on Express v-necks. Just made a post about it here that explains why I'm looking at Express.

Didn't want to copy and paste my thoughts about Express into the Uniqlo thread but it does give this post some context.

It would save me a lot of time and money if I thought that the v-necks by Uniqlo could work just as well for me, but unfortunately I won't be able to try one on until I get around to placing a worthwhile order. And there's a sale going at Express that expires Sunday, so I'm pressed for a decision.

Please forgive the machismo of this question, but what do you think is the largest chest measurement that would fit into a Uniqlo medium? I read a post somewhere by a guy who was 45" and he said he wore a large by personal preference but a medium was wearable. The pit to pit on the Uniqlo v-neck sizing chart is 21" for a medium, so I have my doubts.

Hopefully someone can vouch for the capacity of a medium, because the large would probably be too long in the body, very nearly too wide in the shoulders, and far too billowy. If someone could please verify that a medium would work for a 44" chest measurement then I might hold off on this Express purchase until I can try a Uniqlo v-neck on for size.

Thanks again for answering my earlier question about waist sizes.