1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. GBear

GBear Senior member

Before my most recent purchase, I haven't either. I walked into one of their stores in HK and it turned me away from purchasing there (Horribly messy, overcrowded, etc). I decided to bite the bullet and order staples, just to try them out. I ordered tees, socks, +J sweater, and chinos. I'll have to say all are worth it for the price. I mean, test them out. If they don't work out, it's a small loss But I am a satisfied customer, and I'll be purchasing from them again.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. ironduke

ironduke Senior member

You can size down but the waist is low rise and doesn't stretch much so I recommend TTS. That is because I am having balls-ache if I wearing size downed MIJ jean's waist too high and sit down.

Fit is nice whether regular fit or slim fit, and fabrics are nice 15oz too.

3. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

I carry some weight around my waist and I don't like super skinny jeans and even then I am wearing a 32 for my 34+ waist and it feels totally fine. If you want to split the difference, just size one down. I feel if you bought TTS, you would have pretty loose pants. What do you mean about the last question? i bought 32 and I am a true 29-30 inseam and since they are slim, they stack just fine. 2 inches (for me), isn't much so it's not like you are going to look like some kind of gangster or something.

4. diniro

diniro Senior member

grabbed the +J down. Thanks to airblaster503 for the recommendation. Definite steal. Definite TTS. I'm usually xs/s/36/46. Grabbed the small and it's perfect.

5. j0emama

j0emama Active Member

Can someone confirm that the pictures of the slim ocbd are in fact pictures of the regular ocbd? Slim ocbd don't have a box pleat in the back? If I am a small in the regular ocbd and it is a perfect fit except for being a little blousey in the body, would I be a small or size up to a medium for the slim ocbd? Thanks in advance.

6. j0emama

j0emama Active Member

Can someone confirm that the pictures of the slim ocbd are in fact pictures of the regular ocbd? Slim ocbd don't have a box pleat in the back? If I am a small in the regular ocbd and it is a perfect fit except for being a little blousey in the body, would I be a small or size up to a medium for the slim ocbd? Thanks in advance.

7. APK

APK Senior member

Well, Nil said as much a day ago when he posted about buying and receiving the shirt, so.... yes?

8. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

May have been posted already, but consensus on whether the wool duffel coat is worth it?

9. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

my brother has had one for a couple of years, he likes it but says it's not very warm (he lives in Belgium, where it can get cold but nothing crazy)

10. Shirt+Pants

Shirt+Pants Senior member

The slim fit OCBD is in fact slimmer and doesn't have the box pleat in the back. I happen to have both the regular and slim fit versions. I bought the regular version before the webstore launched and had the same issue as you, perfect fit expect for the blousiness around the midsection. I later picked up the slim fit version on the webstore and the fit is spot on. Slightly tighter around the shoulders and chest but not a big deal and no blousiness.

11. jet

jet Senior member

Would I fit a med in the slim oxford at 41" chest? Looks to be spot on measurement wise but I remember someone saying shit was off spec on the chart. Don't want blousey mid or waist.

12. jet

jet Senior member

So in other words the picture is exactly accurate.

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

do you have a big back/shoulders? if so, definitely not. you'd need a L for the chest but it'd probably be big everywhere else. i think we have pretty similar measurements and uniqlo shirting doesn't work that great.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

it is not worth it. i have one i got for like $35 or some shit in the middle of the summer and i've worn it maybe 5x, and mostly over a suit. fabric is really thin.

15. jet

jet Senior member

ya big back and shoulders too bad

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Ordered several items. Will report on fit/quality.

17. jet

jet Senior member

I don't really fuck with their button up shirts fabrics all feel bad but I could see oxford cloth not being a big difference and would consider it. Some knits and jackets are alright, others are garbage. Pants haven't handled too many but usually don't tickle my dick like the socks and supima tees do.

Down jackets are money though because lux materials aren't really required. Accessories are good in a pinch.

18. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

Damn, good to hear it now though. Looked pretty decent, suppose I'll continue the search for a decent midweight jacket around $200.

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

heattech shirts are great, i like their simple stuff, shirts n jackets are not bad

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

wish they did more weekly sales. i flip flop between small and medium so much it's infuriating. everything is sold out online pretty much

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012