• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DG7

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me with sizing - this will be my first big shoe purchase and want to make sure I get it right!

I have a wider foot, and in Allen Edmonds I've worn 9.5 E in the past but picked up a European Brannock and it looks like I'm a size 43. I wear anywhere from 10-11 in sneakers and typically 10.5 in hiking boots.

I'm looking to pick up a pair of English Oxfords in the F last. I reached out to Vass and heard two conflicting answers via email - one said to order in 44, and the other said to order in 43.5

Any advice on sizing? Just want to make sure I get it right the first time.

ACLC

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me with sizing - this will be my first big shoe purchase and want to make sure I get it right!

I have a wider foot, and in Allen Edmonds I've worn 9.5 E in the past but picked up a European Brannock and it looks like I'm a size 43. I wear anywhere from 10-11 in sneakers and typically 10.5 in hiking boots.

I'm looking to pick up a pair of English Oxfords in the F last. I reached out to Vass and heard two conflicting answers via email - one said to order in 44, and the other said to order in 43.5

I wear 9.5 E on the AE 65 last and am also usually a 43. I found the BP last in 43 abit too tight and the 3636 last to be perfect. A half size bigger on the BP last would have been perfect. From all account the F last is a narrower last than both BP and 3636 so I would go with a 43.5

ThomGault

Reaction score
I reached out to Vass and heard two conflicting answers via email - one said to order in 44, and the other said to order in 43.5

And with Vass Charm (tm) the 43.5 can fit like a 44 or the 44 can fit like a 43.5. Some people can get fit that is consistent with their foot size, while others receive higher size shoes that are too tight and lower size shoes that are too large, even with the same model/last.

DG7

Reaction score
I wear 9.5 E on the AE 65 last and am also usually a 43. I found the BP last in 43 abit too tight and the 3636 last to be perfect. A half size bigger on the BP last would have been perfect. From all account the F last is a narrower last than both BP and 3636 so I would go with a 43.5
Thanks everyone for the replies! I ended up ordering 43.5 - a little nervous about the sizing, but excited to get them!

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Doing some Spring cleaning and I’ve begrudgingly decided to part with my like new copy of László Vass’ Handmade Shoes for Men. It’s a very nice coffee table book with plenty of unique photos.

Attachments

• IMG_8263.jpeg
    IMG_8263.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_8264.jpeg
    IMG_8264.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8265.jpeg
    IMG_8265.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8267.jpeg
    IMG_8267.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_8268.jpeg
    IMG_8268.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 118

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where are people ordering Vass from nowadays?

The two pairs I received from No Man Walks Alone are a dream and fit amazing. The one time I did MTO directly the shoes did not end up fitting well (a pair of loafers that in hindsight may have worked if I broke them in more, who knows).

@konstantis Wow! Details? I am intrigued.

konstantis

Reaction score

The two pairs I received from No Man Walks Alone are a dream and fit amazing. The one time I did MTO directly the shoes did not end up fitting well (a pair of loafers that in hindsight may have worked if I broke them in more, who knows).

This is a ready to wear pair direct from Vass. Black scotch grain leather with vibram sole.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shop Mehra is probably the best stockist these days.

DrewMill

Reaction score
Hello, all! I'm curious who has experience with both Vass and TLB Mallorca. I own a few pairs of TLB (both mainline and Artista), and I'm curious how Vass compares. I don't have any pairs of Vass. I know this is the Vass thread, so it might be a little biased. But if you can be objective, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

hysteria

Reaction score
Hello, all! I'm curious who has experience with both Vass and TLB Mallorca. I own a few pairs of TLB (both mainline and Artista), and I'm curious how Vass compares. I don't have any pairs of Vass. I know this is the Vass thread, so it might be a little biased. But if you can be objective, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I would stick to TLB. Vass customer service is awful to non-existent. Difficult to nail down sizing as a result. This will trigger a lot of loyal fans of the brand, but personally, I think it's overrated. Vass caused me more headaches than any other brand, and I don't think the shoes are good enough to justify the headache. Not to mention, their sizing and fit isn't consistent. I'd rather stick to TLB/Carmina for the price.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt