• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please clarify which sizing systems for the EG and CJ
Hi,
I wear 8.5 UK in Carmina Robert last
9/9.5 D in EG 82 Last
8.5 in C&J 360 last
9.5 US in Tramezza

I have a narrow-medium foot.

Would I wear a 43 in Vass U Last?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Sizing systems are UK for both EG and C&J.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a UK7.5 on the C&J 360 and wear a 42 in the U-last. So I would say that there is a possibility that you would wear a 43 in the U-last.

Best if you do sketches of your feet and send them to Vass for their opinion. If you own the Vass book, they give excellent tips on how to sketch your foot.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I wear 8.5 UK in Carmina Robert last
9/9.5 D in EG 82 Last
8.5 in C&J 360 last
9.5 US in Tramezza

I have a narrow-medium foot.

Would I wear a 43 in Vass U Last?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Sizing systems are UK for both EG and C&J.

I am also UK 9-9.5 in EG 82 and UK9.5/European 43.5 in U

my feet are not especially wide, so you may be 43.5

I wear a UK7.5 on the C&J 360 and wear a 42 in the U-last. So I would say that there is a possibility that you would wear a 43 in the U-last.

Best if you do sketches of your feet and send them to Vass for their opinion. If you own the Vass book, they give excellent tips on how to sketch your foot.

sounds like good advice, but it may be tricky to get consistency across different feet/sketching abilities

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't own the book, but I'd be glad to see the tips spelled out here...

SHS

Reaction score
I vote for the F :inlove: I need to go to Budapest someday. Is it normal to have nightmares about the F-last not fitting me? :p

KayJay85

Reaction score

Austerity brogues-F or U last, which is the better of the two? I am looking for pictures to compare the two.

I was wondering the same thing and ended up ordering them in F-last for 2 reasons:
- I have large feet and the elongated shape of the U might have been too much
- The toe box on the U appears ever so slightly boxy to me

I just received my shoes yesterday and they are gorgeous! Very pleased with how the make-up looks (6125 calf with single sole). Size-wise, I wear a UK 11 in most shoes and went with a size 45 which so far appears to be the right size. However, there is some tightness across the vamp (just below the laces to be precise) but I am not sure it is do to with the length but rather the width? These were my first pair of Vass and overall I am very happy with them. Tombrone was very helpful with my questions and I would recommend him to anyone looking for more information or a proxy.

EDIT: pictures provided by Tombrone. The shoes appear more reddish than they actually are

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads