• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
20200608_100324.jpg

Sample model on 3636 last.

Last edited by a moderator:

E. coli

Reaction score
So it’s been almost another week without any correspondence and acknowledgement of my order from 5/25, my patience has worn thin. I’ve reached out one more time to let them know that if I don’t hear from them in 24 hours I will be contacting my CC to dispute payment. After all they have had my funds for two weeks and I have passed on a couple of other brands offerings waiting for what would be my first pair of Vass.

I am seriously in awe with the lack of service from a “luxury” shoemaker- all I’m asking for is a response. ”Yes, we have received your order and we expect to ship the shoes June XX.” Is that too much to ask for crying out loud? Thanks for reading my gripe!

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it’s been almost another week without any correspondence and acknowledgement of my order from 5/25, my patience has worn thin. I’ve reached out one more time to let them know that if I don’t hear from them in 24 hours I will be contacting my CC to dispute payment. After all they have had my funds for two weeks and I have passed on a couple of other brands offerings waiting for what would be my first pair of Vass.

I am seriously in awe with the lack of service from a “luxury” shoemaker- all I’m asking for is a response. ”Yes, we have received your order and we expect to ship the shoes June XX.” Is that too much to ask for crying out loud? Thanks for reading my gripe!
Everything at Vass runs slow motion but your funds are safe! If you can wait there are most definitely worth the wait! Good Luck!!
535BA1B9-DD06-431F-8C22-4C276739D2C6.jpeg
246CD28E-4881-401E-9118-89297BB9EAB8.jpeg

LThomsen

Reaction score
Vass makes some great shoes. If their customer service was as good as G & G, Edward green, TLB, Passus, etc they would sell many more shoes, especially in the US. Maybe that's why they don't get the recognition for their shoes.

sinequanon

Reaction score
U
Yes you're right. It's the U-last, not sure why I wrote F last there. My Buy/Sell posting even has it saying U last. Thanks for pointing it out
U Last is quite tricky for me. I have a pair of Vass Italian Oxford in U-last, it doesn't fit very well for my wider right foot, still figuring out ways to make it more comfortable.

E. coli

Reaction score
E. Coli, try to DM on Insta. I had no luck by email but DM worked out.

I have twice, once last week where they replied fairly quickly and stated they would get back to me and then today when I had not heard from them in week. I just don't get it, if the shoes were online for sale one can assume it is in stock and ready to ship it's been two weeks. I don't mind waiting but to have no reply and leave the buyer wondering is not good business. As mentioned in my previous even if they came back to me and said we are swamped with orders and to expect a 2-4 week delay at least I would know.

E. coli

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to an email from FedEx informing that the shoes have shipped. Also just received a DM via IG from Vass apologizing for the delay.

I think I am not used to no communication but can understand and appreciate a small family business just probably overwhelmed with the great sale they are having. I’m looking forward to the ? tomorrow! Thanks again everyone for the feedback and listening to me vent. Cheers!

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
I think you are overreacting (sort of like in South Park "Amazon Fulfillment Center" episode. Watch it , it will give you a perspective.

Vince131

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Like most of you, I also experienced communication gap with Vass. I sent them couple of e-mail without any answer. On the other side, I was able to be in thouch with them on IG. DM on IG seems to be the most efficient way. I shared with them on IG this communication issue. They told me they are aware about it and they are going through changes to improve the situation. Let see...
I agree with E. Coli : we can expect better customer service from this brand, espacially when we compare with competitors.

On my side, I ordered 2 pair of shoes and I should get them tomorrow. It will be the fisrt time for me I am getting shoes from that brand. Very excited :rotflmao:

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
For the price of less than 400Eur (YES less than 400Eur!!!) you are receiving (eventually) 100% hand-welted shoes on the lasts designed by Roberto Ugolini (F and U). Lasted trees included.....:bounce2:
So when you think of it ; Vass has no competitors in Europe or N. Am. regardless of how bad their CS is. :bigstar:
Back to the actual shoes.
A few things I have noticed about modern Vass shoes. Mind you this has been going on for quite some time. First, I have noticed around 7-8 years ago Vass heels and welts grew and became too large for my taste (new apprentices were making those? I don't know).
Now few posts earlier one gent complained about gapping problem and I have noticed something is not right different with the heel of his shoe (too tall and short).
Look at the comparison shots of U last shoes. One shoe is from 12 years ago and one I received this week. Notice anything strange about the heels?
20200610_223251_resized (1).jpg

20200610_223251_resized (1).jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics